Options

WELCOME BACK!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Hey! I can see me! :D

I just realized that you're on there 4 times.
    Are you a Spam-bot? :: narrows eyes to examine rattler2 closely ::
    *waves hand* you don't need to see her identification.

She's not the bot you're looking for.

She can go about her business.

Move along.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    I am absolutely lost on these forums. Interesting way to get rid of folks like me. My forumite enemies are winning. The TRIBBLE.

Forum PvP is going to go the same way as in-game PvP. :*
    You say that like it's a bad thing...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

*waves hand* you don't need to see her identification.

She's not the bot you're looking for.

Move along.
    :: speaks in monotone ::

She's not the bot we're looking for.

Move along. Move along.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tskyCuvpLkA
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    If I was... I wouldn't be the lovable Rattler that I am.

BTW... my avatar is Erza Scarlet.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Though it is pretty nifty that after everything else has been hidden, hitting the "Discussion" link works like Today's Post did. Have to say, going through and hiding all the rest makes being here a wee bit more tolerable...not having to see posts from folks talking about things I don't care about in the least.
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I tried that Discussion link but all I see are junk posts from other games I have no interest in. These forums seem like a massive step backwards. Don't they care about all the players they will upset and money they will lose?

It was literally a case of going through and hiding every other forum outside of the STO forums...then they no longer show up when hitting "Discussion" up there.

This is what my Arc Forums looks like with everything else hidden...

QLMTdyn.png

Which turns my Recent Discussions into STO only...(example)

raxMK5B.png

That's a little better but we still have the problem with up to 75% of the screen being black and empty at high resolution. Just 25% of the screen is used for text, who wants to read a tiny strip in the middle of the screen? I don't want to waste time zooming in and out of a webpage each visit.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Weird. When I "hide" anything but the STO forums just nothing happens. The settings button next to the forums display "unhide", meaning they are meant to be hidden but I still see them...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    That's a little better but we still have the problem with up to 75% of the screen being black and empty at high resolution. Just 25% of the screen is used for text, who wants to read a tiny strip in the middle of the screen? I don't want to waste time zooming in and out of a webpage each visit.

What resolution are you at where only 25% of the screen is used for text? I've got two monitors: 1440x900 & 1024x768.

The 1440x900 screen...

1cNgAo8.png

The 1024x768 screen...

ob0UqE4.png

Are you looking at 1920x1080?

1440 - 1024 = 416
    1920 - 1440 = 480

Hrmm, so there would be another 240 on either side along the lines of the 1440 image.

What size is the font at 1920x1080 there? Cause it's not just resolution, it's also the actual monitor size.

My 1440x900 is a 19" widescreen LCD. My 1024x768 is a 15" standard LCD.

1920x1080 is going to range from just under 16" up to 65" or more.

Course, your "high resolution" could easily have moved into the 2k and 4k ranges, yeah?

You could be talking 5120x2880...er...though with that, heh, probably be less than 25%.

As I mentioned in another thread, though, well - is the font easily readable for you at that resolution? Just what would they "fill" that empty space up with? Would it be a case of shifting a bunch of that side-banner deadspace into deadspace within the central area? It gets into a visual thing there of having things somewhat centered versus viewing a more justified alignment where the eye travel distance would increase and likely introduce additional elements of eye strain. Would it be a case of cluttering that deadspace up with some wallpaper type thing? It would still be deadspace - not offering anything other than filler for the deadspace, not changing it from being deadspace while introducing additional page load for folks.
  • Options
    I am absolutely lost on these forums. Interesting way to get rid of folks like me. My forumite enemies are winning. The TRIBBLE.
    Forum PvP is going to go the same way as in-game PvP. :*
    The cheese around these parts is OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9wLhRrj5Ug
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    That... is a lot of cheese. :#

I had to change my avatar to Evil Cheese!

But, er, at 40x40...it's only a little cheesy. :disappointed:

edit: Oh well, I'll change it to something else then...can't even do a nice cheese avatar on these forums.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited June 2015

Looks fairly accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg431lpAlcw
  • Options
    That's just wrong, lol...have to send it to the gf, heh.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

That's a cute dog pic in you sig. :) Is it your dog?

Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User

Possibly. :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Bunch of stuff not yet in place like Dev tracker.. assuming that's going to be kept. I just turned a bunch of notification stuff of. Some bags apparently. Place needs some work yet.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options

That's a cute dog pic in you sig. :) Is it you dog?

Lol no. Trust me, you do not want an animal or a human person near me.

Apologies. I was asking if that was Your dog in the pic? LOL I clicked to quickly.

• Options
    jkersjkers Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    FINALLY!!!!!
  • Options
    jkersjkers Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Hello all....was finally able to get in and post!! And guess what...I have nothing to say at the moment......go figure
  • Options
    radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User

Thanks for pointing this out. My question is how do you find the sub forums? It feels a little bit like stumbling around in the dark.
  • Options
  • Options
    Though it is pretty nifty that after everything else has been hidden, hitting the "Discussion" link works like Today's Post did. Have to say, going through and hiding all the rest makes being here a wee bit more tolerable...not having to see posts from folks talking about things I don't care about in the least.
    I tried that Discussion link but all I see are junk posts from other games I have no interest in. These forums seem like a massive step backwards. Don't they care about all the players they will upset and money they will lose?

It was literally a case of going through and hiding every other forum outside of the STO forums...then they no longer show up when hitting "Discussion" up there.

This is what my Arc Forums looks like with everything else hidden...

QLMTdyn.png

Which turns my Recent Discussions into STO only...(example)

raxMK5B.png

Could you give me a quick tutorial. I would enjoy having the rest of the PWE game forums suppressed. I can't stand the noise and I couldn't, honestly couldn't, care an iota less.

I'd give real money to see the Star Trek online website minus the rest of the PWE/ARC sites.
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Yeah, I finally got in