test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why do new people try advanced/elite content?

2»

Comments

• cptmbateman79cptmbateman79 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In order for any attempt to transfer knowledge to take place:

1) Chat window has to be open to a tab where the information can be presented.
    2) The information has to be presented in a language the recipient understands.
    3) The potential recipient has to be receptive to the information being presented.
    4) If the potential recipient does not understand something, they need to speak up. If they have further questions, they need to ask them.

The person attempting to transfer that knowledge has no control over those.

All very true, but if you're calling someone names and bashing them then the player will ignore said player.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All very true, but if you're calling someone names and bashing them then the player will ignore said player.

But again, is the person calling somebody names and bashing them actually trying to help them?

No?

Then why lump the people that are trying to help in with those people that are not? Doesn't it go without saying that those that are not trying to help are not going to be helping?

So why harp on the folks not trying to help in a discussion about folks that are trying to help?
    edited June 2015
    But again, is the person calling somebody names and bashing them actually trying to help them?

No?

Then why lump the people that are trying to help in with those people that are not? Doesn't it go without saying that those that are not trying to help are not going to be helping?

So why harp on the folks not trying to help in a discussion about folks that are trying to help?

I'm not going to lump the good with the bad. I have had some send me an Email and I will respond to them. If I have chat still up i also respond when it's a PM.

I normally stay away from the PvE's, just for the simple fact that you can have it Qued for a bit before a game starts. I did do Brotherhood for the first time yesterday, didnt get any help when I asked for some help. I just ended up going pew pew and following people
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not going to lump the good with the bad.

My apologies then...it's just the way it was kind of coming off to me, from the agreement with the other poster that appeared to be doing that.

I have zero patience/tolerance for those folks that think their venting in team at folks is constructive in the least, so I kind of just write them off as douche nozzles and that's that. They're actually going to make it harder for folks that might want to help folks down the road, cause folks will just turn off that chat window rather than possibly have to read that TRIBBLE.
    edited June 2015
    My apologies then...it's just the way it was kind of coming off to me, from the agreement with the other poster that appeared to be doing that.

I have zero patience/tolerance for those folks that think their venting in team at folks is constructive in the least, so I kind of just write them off as douche nozzles and that's that. They're actually going to make it harder for folks that might want to help folks down the road, cause folks will just turn off that chat window rather than possibly have to read that TRIBBLE.

It's my apologizes as well, I'm still getting the hang of the quotes and all that lol. We will call it miscommunications. I'm hardly on the forums, if i am I am reading up on my searches and never talk in here.

If someone wants to be polite and help I am all for the feedback. If you are going to sit on a high horse and bash, then I am just going to muddle through and figure it out on my own.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Probably because when they ask questions, someone rips them a new one for not knowing automatically?

I'm not blaiming you OP, but I am saying that the environment isn't exactly question friendly in most cases. Not enough of us experienced players willing to help, and not enough rookies willing to ask questions.

Coming from me, this is going to sound funny ;)

Player communities in online gaming have been in the ****ters for about 10 years now. There was once upon a time, long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away (the late 90s thru mid-2000s) in MMORPGs where players were very accommodating with each other.

Not anymore. Online game communities are poisonous, corrosive, abrasive.

STO isn't the only one. Of the MMORPGs I've played over the years, they've all gone this direction eventually.

This right here. In a nutshell.