test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soooo. Season 11?

2»

Comments

• thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, wasn't it because to explore the Gamma Quadrant we had to brush up against the dominon and really, WHo the hell wanna brush up against the dominon anymore? They could start a war at any time and not really gives two ****s. Not only that they also now have 2800 WARSHIP of theirs returned. Considering the Jem Hadar have been inexsistence for 2k years, 25 years base on Dominon Tech doesn't yeild that much of a difference.

So whatever adjusted the made to competensated fro the 2800 that went missing during the Dominon War has now been returned to them.

So really, who in their right mind want to go right onto the Door Step of the Dominion and probalby get blown up.

Wouldn't you rather go to the Delta Qudrant where most of your weapons are konwn to be effective and there are hundreds of different government? Rather than deal with one vast belligerent empire?

We don't know how vast Dominion space really is and there were plenty of instances on the show where they visited the Gamma Quadrant without running into the Dominion. Besides, if the Hur'q get involved and they are formidable enemies, then they could keep the Dominion busy. The Voth, Borg and Undine were all bad guys from the Delta Quadrant who could pose a threat, but they were all pushed aside by the Vaadwuar who took center stage. Something similar could happen in the Gamma Quadrant.

Besides that, Odo would probably prevent any major conflicts between them and us. I doubt he rules the Dominion or anything like that but his words of wisdom should still carry some weight. There could always be those in the Dominion who follow Odo and therefor ally with us because he says so.
  • jenel79jenel79 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Some great ideas, and some fantastically silly ones. I love them. :)

I was also wondering about levelling, I mean I'm 60 now, I'm a Fleet Admiral. So what's next? I become leader of Star Fleet and my BO's still insist that I activate every console I find. What about President of the Federation, or Ruler of the Galaxy?! Actually I like the sound of that. :P

I'm guessing more specialization options, maybe something more geared to tanking on ground or in space as was already mentioned above.

I'm thinking that a full Cardassian revamp is the most likely, and considering that we've only got about half the Alpha Quadrant mapped at the moment, it could expand on that. A Cardassian revamp will most definitely bring back the Dominion, and quite likely the Breen, and as it would also likely expand the Alpha Quadrant we could easily see the Tholians kicking up a fuss again. However, we are only operating in a small section of the Delta Quadrant at the moment, pretty much Voyagers path. There's still the rest of it to be opened up and then the whole Gamma Quadrant on top of that.
  • qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All of this optimism kind of makes me laugh.

Guys, and gals if you're listening (reading) some of us have faced facts, and by reading this thread, obviously some of us have not.

So let me explain to you in terms that everyone can understand, exactly what you guys are buying (paying for with paying for ships, upgrades, etc etc)

STO was originally designed by a bankrupted development team/company and it was more along the lines of Star Trek. It was to have exploration and missions to do both on planet surfaces and aboard ship. However, it was also being developed as a game where you would work your way up through the ranks. That meant you answered to a captain aboard a ship and did what you were told.

This company went belly up and sold STO to Cryptic. Cryptic scrapped the whole thing and changed it to a fighting game. Their logic behind it was "nobody wants to be an ensign working their way up and answering to an npc captain."

So, here's what you have, an MMO that launched in beta for the most part to make the deadline. As it goes it gets tweaked. The second dev team screwed up the drop rate for the elite gear at end game and everyone bitched because players could runs hundreds of runs and one guy could run it once and get the drop for the helmet, or gun, etc....thus was the dawn of the rep system.

Now it's all about rep. Now this is what nobody seems to understand....THIS IS ALL this particular game is. It will be rep, every season, every addition of actual content will be PvE queues and rep. THAT is ALL! PERIOD!!! If you want exploration and this or that or anything else mentioned, you will need to wait for Star Trek Timelines or something else because it's not what this game is and for as long as Cryptic and Perfeft World is in charge of it, it will NEVER be anything BUT what it is.

You can either play something else or try and get everyone to stop playing and hope that the owner of PWE (since the company is doing really badly and went private recently) will sell Cryptic and STO to a publishing house (hopefully stateside) that could breathe new life into STO.

But until THAT day, this is the game, it hasn't changed in years, it's just new skins on the same format, over and over and over again...and because people keep PAYING, they see no need to change it. End of story.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i just don't see the first federation going to war with the alliance........it'll never happen........
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    qrtrmstr wrote: »
    All of this optimism kind of makes me laugh.

Guys, and gals if you're listening (reading) some of us have faced facts, and by reading this thread, obviously some of us have not.

So let me explain to you in terms that everyone can understand, exactly what you guys are buying (paying for with paying for ships, upgrades, etc etc)

STO was originally designed by a bankrupted development team/company and it was more along the lines of Star Trek. It was to have exploration and missions to do both on planet surfaces and aboard ship. However, it was also being developed as a game where you would work your way up through the ranks. That meant you answered to a captain aboard a ship and did what you were told.

This company went belly up and sold STO to Cryptic. Cryptic scrapped the whole thing and changed it to a fighting game. Their logic behind it was "nobody wants to be an ensign working their way up and answering to an npc captain."

So, here's what you have, an MMO that launched in beta for the most part to make the deadline. As it goes it gets tweaked. The second dev team screwed up the drop rate for the elite gear at end game and everyone bitched because players could runs hundreds of runs and one guy could run it once and get the drop for the helmet, or gun, etc....thus was the dawn of the rep system.

Now it's all about rep. Now this is what nobody seems to understand....THIS IS ALL this particular game is. It will be rep, every season, every addition of actual content will be PvE queues and rep. THAT is ALL! PERIOD!!! If you want exploration and this or that or anything else mentioned, you will need to wait for Star Trek Timelines or something else because it's not what this game is and for as long as Cryptic and Perfeft World is in charge of it, it will NEVER be anything BUT what it is.

You can either play something else or try and get everyone to stop playing and hope that the owner of PWE (since the company is doing really badly and went private recently) will sell Cryptic and STO to a publishing house (hopefully stateside) that could breathe new life into STO.

But until THAT day, this is the game, it hasn't changed in years, it's just new skins on the same format, over and over and over again...and because people keep PAYING, they see no need to change it. End of story.

Are you saying that all this season is basically PvE queues and a new reputation track? I don't know if you've been paying attention, but we have had 3 episodes released so far with another to come (featuring Captain Nog).

In my time playing since f2p launched, I've only seen one season in which we did not have a new episode, which was season 6. Season 7 had Temporal Ambassador, Season 8 while it didn't launch with an episode, had A step between Stars, Season 9 launched with Surface Tension.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are you saying that all this season is basically PvE queues and a new reputation track? I don't know if you've been paying attention, but we have had 3 episodes released so far with another to come (featuring Captain Nog).

In my time playing since f2p launched, I've only seen one season in which we did not have a new episode, which was season 6. Season 7 had Temporal Ambassador, Season 8 while it didn't launch with an episode, had A step between Stars, Season 9 launched with Surface Tension.

Season 8 was also prepared with "Sphere of Influence".
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Season 8 was also prepared with "Sphere of Influence".

You do have a point, though like Uneasy Allies, that came out as a teaser for the upcoming season.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jenel79 wrote: »
    I had a thought to myself the other day. STO has literally been all about the Iconians, they were behind Hobus, which pretty much led to the Fed/Klingon war, the fracturing of the Romulan Empire, and everything pretty much moving forward.

So what's next? Once we defeat the Iconians, are we gonna be looking at a period of peace between the Alliance? If so, does that mean that we'll finally be getting the exploration side of the game that many of us have been craving? Or does it mean that Cryptic is gonna have to come up with a new villain every season for us to fight?

Considering that the Exploration side of the game would require a pretty major revamp in that regards I'm thinking the latter.

Thoughts on who it could be? Or is it just gonna go back to the Fed/Klinks/Roms squabbling again?

I dont think it would necessarily be "defeating them" as the others would save them, whom ever they are.

As for what would happen, well plenty of galaxy to go then there's andromeda where the iconians dwell and potentially much much more.

perhaps and this is a stretch we can go further into the mysterious and unknown.

it would be interesting to have a FE where we don't do any fighting but more exploring and discovery as a prelude to what we might find etc. Would be cool if they went really dark with the whole thing star treks always been light hearted even this iconian stuff is "tame" it would be nice to see a much darker side to the game.