test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lohlunat Festival tips and help for first timers

2»

Comments

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    I completely forgot about those doffs. Thanks for the reminder.

Edit - Just realized that I can't find them. Who sells them? :|
    The vendor at the 'far' end of the promenade.

"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I completely forgot about those doffs. Thanks for the reminder.

Edit - Just realized that I can't find them. Who sells them? :|
    The vendor at the 'far' end of the promenade.
    Thanks. I found it. Now I'm posting a map to help the next guy. :)
    STO-BuyRisianGeologist-002.jpg

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ryikeryike Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just a quick question here, just started going for the new ship you get from Risa. I still have enough time to get it before the event ends right? So far I am up to 80 vouchers.
    ryike wrote: »
    Just a quick question here, just started going for the new ship you get from Risa. I still have enough time to get it before the event ends right? So far I am up to 80 vouchers.

I just checked the original announcement.

arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9304283-star-trek-online%3A-lohlunat-festival-returns!

It says the Summer Event will last until July July 16. You should double check my math, but since we can only earn 40 per day and we need 1000 LFs to get the ship, I sounds as if you will be shy a few days of earning that total. :(

If I were you, I'd try to do the mission every day any way. There is always a possibility that the Devs will extend the Event, if so, you just might finish it this year. And even if you don't, the Event Mission will remain until next Summer when you can finish it in just a few days.

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Event ends July 16. You need 25 days to get the nandi. Assuming your 20 hour cooldown allow you to run one last flying high on the 16th and today you should just squeek by.

Have 2 now
    June 24 - 30 = 7
    July 1-16= 16

If that 80 included today or you can't make the cooldown on the 16th before patch... You will need to spend some lobi.

Alternatively the cooldown is 20 hours, if you can play at really weird hours and log in EXACTLY at 20 hours you can make up, potentially 4 extra days.
    I completely forgot about the 20 hour clock cool-down. I suppose if a person works from home (and has no RL to get in the way) and can log on anytime, day or night, to run a ten minute mission... Yup, it might just work.

You cracked the code, man. :)
    Good point on a possible extension. Those have happened in the past.
    Well, for ryike's sake, I'm hoping for a short extension of the Summer Vacation. I's the one that will most likely provide access the the new ship.

As for me, I'm still not sure I want a Ferengi ship, better to have the option, then not, so I went for it on all my "Captains." The people who bought them already ( via Lobi ) and posted their findings, did not seem very impressed. Maybe with these new temporal weapons... :/

Well, time will tell. No pun intended. Okay, maybe a little intended. ;)

edited June 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Well, for ryike's sake, I'm hoping for a short extension of the Summer Vacation. I's the one that will most likely provide access the the new ship.

As for me, I'm still not sure I want a Ferengi ship, better to have the option, then not, so I went for it on all my "Captains." The people who bought them already ( via Lobi ) and posted their findings, did not seem very impressed. Maybe with these new temporal weapons... :/

Well, time will tell. No pun intended. Okay, maybe a little intended. ;)

I really hope you haven't actually been doing the ship project on all of them. The dev blogs did mention it's to be an account unlock, and that you can turn in unused vouchers for your choice of rep marks.
    pardon the snip

:: stares blankly at screen ::

Um... What's that sound Homer makes when he realized he's done something very stupid?

:: pause ::

Pretend I just made that sound louder that anyone in history.

Just keep doing the project on one character. When they complete it, all characters can turn in their tokens for marks of your choice at a 1:1 ratio.

Hopefully you have the vouchers in your inventory and not invested in the project.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Worse case scenario is that you need to open some lockboxes to get Lobi Crystals which can be used to purchase Lohlunat Vouchers (the person selling Risa outfits). I think lockboxes awards anywhere from 5 - 20 Lobi Crystals. It costs 5 Lobi to buy a "package" of vouchers, but I do not know how many vouchers you get. Master keys are currently being sold for a little bit more than 3 million EC each on the Exchange.

You can sell Lohlanut Favors you receive from the events for EC on the Exchange. The selling price of favors drops on a daily basis though. Assuming each favor sells for 3,000 (when than just 1 at a time) you need 1,000 favors to get 3 million ECs. Getting 1,000 favors is not very hard and it can be done faster if you have multiple toons.

I only focus on two activities that rewards Lohlunat Favors; the dance at the top of every hour and the Lohlunat Hunt. The dance rewards 100 favors, the hunt varies but let's say it rewards 100 favors as well. With one toon I can make 200 favors per hour. However, with multiple toons I can do the hunt multiple times in the limited window of opportunity.

All my toons have the fastest floater (costs 1000 favors) and also have a Lohlunat Tribble (buy Risan food for 5 favors, buy a tribble from the exchange and wait...). If I have my toons at my designated starting point I can do the hunt 5 time before time runs out (or at worse only 4 times). That means within each hour I can earn 600 favors just by focusing on those two activities.

Using the least expensive floater (50 favors) and a Lohlunat Tribble I can run 3 toons through the hunt. Therefore, you do not need get most expensive floater to do the hunt multiple times especially if you do not have a lot of toons. But it does take practice to fly efficiently.

When it comes to selling favors on the Exchange I sell them in lots of 333. Prices for favors at the start of the Summer Event was above 6k EC per favor but as of yesterday it has dipped below 3k EC per favor.
    I skip the dance and focus on sand castles. During the dance I can get 6 castles for 120 favors vs 100. During the castles time I can also do 6 for 300.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I did sand castles a few time, but it never caught my interest. I do the dance because it is mindless which mean I can use the laptop on the side to surf the net while waiting for the next change in the dance routine.

After the dance and before the hunt I either do a quick STF or focus on Doff assignments and placing my toons in my usual starting position for the hunt. In the time after the hunt and before the next dance I squeeze in two STFs or focus on getting more Doff assignments.