test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emote Problems: Samba and Shaka, When the Walls fell

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My Main Toon (Fed, male, Engineer, Lvl 60) did his first Dance Contest on Risa 2 Days ago. He unlocked the Samba AND the Samba advanced Emote (it was NOT available before, thats 100% certain)

And in April he unlocked the old Badges and the Shaka Emote

Now another Toon (Fed, Engineer, Female, Lvl 34, Delta Recruit)d id the Dance contest today but only unlocked the Samba Advanced. I get the message that i have to buy the Samba Emote from the C-store. Why?

And why is the Samba Emote Character bound but the Mokbara Emote Accountwide?

Also she could unlock the old Badges but i have no idea how to get the Shaka Emote
Post edited by willamsheridan on

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Now another Toon (Fed, Engineer, Female, Lvl 34, Delta Recruit)d id the Dance contest today but only unlocked the Samba Advanced. I get the message that i have to buy the Samba Emote from the C-store. Why?

"Samba" Emote is unlocked by interacting with the Dance Instructor while she/he is standing in the concourse of the resort. They stand out in the "hallway"/concourse area of the resort while the "Dance Contest" is NOT happening.

"Samba Advanced" is unlocked by completing the "Dance Contest" from start (3 Dances) to finish (20 Dances).

I am not sure about the other emotes you are asking about.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You get the Samba_Advanced emote the first time you complete the dance off event.

To get the normal Samba emote go to the dance instructor and talk to him/her (they are always near the platform they call out dance moves from when the event isn't running). Choose the top option asking about the competition and you will get an accolade that unlocks the dance.

Probably the reason for the Samba emotes being single character unlocks is to encourage participation in the event, like having to farm-farm-farm lohlunat favors to get outfits for all your characters.

The Shaka emote should be unlocked for your whole account. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9198793-shaka%2C-when-the-walls-fell
    The first reward we’re unlocking is the “Shaka” emote! This old legacy emote allows Captains to perform the “Shaka” emote on any character on their account.

The blog didn't say the badges and titles were single character unlocks that had to be claimed on each character separately, but they were. The badges are no longer available but I do have a 'reclaim' option for the titles, I guess for future characters I may create. No idea if people can still get the titles who weren't here during the promotion to claim them.

Best advice: if your Shaka emote isn't available for all characters on your account you'll need to file a support ticket and ask them to look into it. Give them the link to the dev blog so they can see it was clear the emote was suppose to be an account unlock.