test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CtD from Zaria Map

valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,726 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Whatever fix you put in to correct the crashing on the Zaria ground map seems to have had no effect. I'm still crashing every single time in the final room of the ground map.

Please fix this.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
thecosmic1 wrote:
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by valoreah on

Comments

• tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It had no effect in the Dyson map either, was just on it (Merico@AuroraKet), and it crashed out hardcore, right out of nowhere, with the error reporter popping up.

Whatever it is, it's not fixed. :/
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just posting in here to third this. It is still not fixed.

-K
  • vf1sveritechvf1sveritech Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Also always have this happen in Zaria. Crashes always at the same point in the mission "Out in the Cold" in the Zaria system. I kill a group of Breen after disabling the second transporter inhibitor and it crashes to desktop. Played this mission tons back in the day with no issues. Now, cannot complete it. If I skip it will it still count towards the Delta Recruit completion?
    edited June 2015
    Also always have this happen in Zaria. Crashes always at the same point in the mission "Out in the Cold" in the Zaria system. I kill a group of Breen after disabling the second transporter inhibitor and it crashes to desktop. Played this mission tons back in the day with no issues. Now, cannot complete it. If I skip it will it still count towards the Delta Recruit completion?

Nope, it won't count you as having completed the Breen arc.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    Are any of you getting the Cryptic Error Tracker when this happens?

If so, at the bottom should be an Error Tracker ID number. If you can provide that, it'll help us track this down. Thanks.
    STO QA Team
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    Sometimes.

Mostly the error tracker opens, and in the span of 3 seconds it closes.

This issue has been around for a while ;(
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If it helps, last time I ran Zaria (about a week ago), after several crashes, I ignored the consoles, defeated all 8 groups of Breen, then back tracked to activate the consoles. Worked, but I will test it again later to confirm.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    If it helps, last time I ran Zaria (about a week ago), after several crashes, I ignored the consoles, defeated all 8 groups of Breen, then back tracked to activate the consoles. Worked, but I will test it again later to confirm.

Had not thought of that... I'll try this later tonight.
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    CTD At Zaria and in Dyson Ground ...

Game crashes, and crash handler itself also disappears after few seconds ...
    I had managed to "grab" the crash handler by typing in it real fast & submitting, but no clue what the ID for it is ...

I actually had to run the Zaria ground mission from the breen arc on a different PC to finish up the campaing and my fed delta rep.

Thing was ... both systems Win 7, AMD card , same catalyst install, the 7850 2gb keeps crashing, the 5770 1gb could finish the mission crash-less.

Tried everything i could think of resetting gfx/display settings for my normal system ... nothing worked. DX9, 9ex, 11 ... windowed, fullscreen, settings to low/high .. just about every setting & slider.... i must have checked the game files over 50x in the span of several weeks of running.

Most annoying part is, that it locks out the character for the time it takes for the instance to be auto-removed, which in dyson can mean a long time ....
    edited June 2015
    Sometimes.

Mostly the error tracker opens, and in the span of 3 seconds it closes.

This issue has been around for a while ;(

This. There literally isn't time to get an error ID # from it.
  • mrnickelmrnickel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    CTD here to but mostly seems to occur in the chamber with the 2 consoles in it, doesn't matter if I leave the consoles alone or not. Run in, fire my weapon at a Breen once, and pop, I am out to my desktop
    For evil to triumph, all it requires is for good people to do nothing
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are any of you getting the Cryptic Error Tracker when this happens?

If so, at the bottom should be an Error Tracker ID number. If you can provide that, it'll help us track this down. Thanks.

My number is: 44392868
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    managed to grab an ID from one that stuck around abit ...

Was doing the generator bit with the moving thing on the struts ... when that wsa finished one of the walking dino's appeared . .my boffs started shooting it ...

As soon as i turned to shoot it .. the game crashed ....

This was after the point itself was secured .. so all "normal" voth had beamed away already.
    We are aware of the issue. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know why this bug has proven so difficult to quash.
    STO QA Team
    valoreah wrote: »
    We are aware of the issue. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know why this bug has proven so difficult to quash.

Thanks for letting us know it's on the "to-do" list. What can we do to help get this resolved? Is there anything we can do on our end here that would help?
    ​​

I think this is just a case that debugging software as complex as an MMO takes a lot of time. There was a fix attempted that was partially successful in that it reduced the number of crashes, but obviously didn't stop the problem entirely.

For any crash, the best thing you guys can do for us is to be clear and concise when describing what was going on at the time (if you get the error tracker asking for such). Including your system specs are also useful, if you know them.

I understand crashes like this are frustrating, so thank you for your patience.
    STO QA Team
  • necromortenecromorte Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    At this point, two months later, it seems more like masochism than patience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    As a counter-point, I used to crash at Zaria on the Emancipation map, but haven't since the earlier fixes during the Risa event.

I have a feeling the cause of the current crashes might be something really specific, as it's only happening to a smaller group as opposed to just about everyone. Unfortunately, without the ability to easily track the error ID's, it's gonna be hard to fix. :\
    edited September 2015
    Patience, a 2-liter bottle of Shasta, and an all Rush mix tape.

xTqoD.jpg
  • necromortenecromorte Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    sov42, that would explain some things, that is about the time I actually started having this problem, guess I just go to be one of the lucky new ones. In fact had no problem with this during the first week of the Delta Recruitment event. My first recruit had no problems, but I haven't been able to complete it since.
    Took a break from the Winter Wonderland activities last night and gave this a whirl. It's still crashing unfortunately. It's always happening just before you enter the hallway to the main cavern you first beam into. There is a group of Breen in that hallway and just before I can engage them, the game crashes.​​

My only guess at this point is there's something on that map that your GPU does not like. They need to take a closer look to find something tangible that's causing the issue, since it's not happening to everyone. I haven't had a crash on that map since season 10, myself. Sounds like one of those hard to track down bugs.
    Well, here's hoping they find the cause for all the random crashes everywhere. ;)
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    sov42 wrote: »
    My only guess at this point is there's something on that map that your GPU does not like. They need to take a closer look to find something tangible that's causing the issue, since it's not happening to everyone. I haven't had a crash on that map since season 10, myself. Sounds like one of those hard to track down bugs.

Yes, I know it does not impact everyone, thanks. Just reporting that for some (including me), this is still broken.

The problem with bugs like these are that its not something us bug hunters can really solve, I mean short of knowing everyone's computer specs and connections and all its impossible to say what could be causing it.

Got a mate who lags badly on Risa for no discernible reason and we can't work out what the difference is between him and others that causes that to happen.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.