test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [June 4th, 2015]

Comments

• pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So where is the time-zone link again? Would love to know when servers are back up - mods getting lazy, mmmmh?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    pupibird wrote: »
    So where is the time-zone link again? Would love to know when servers are back up - mods getting lazy, mmmmh?

Here you go.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    iconians wrote: »

Thanks a lot sir!
  • goreinxgoreinx Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Don't be lazy.
    1) Google 6 + 3
    2) Google 9:30AM PDT
    3) Click to first link
    :)
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Uh oh! Trendy forgot to do something?

We're going to Red Alert! Set Fry Shields to maximum and get the Burner Phasers and the Pan Torpedoes ready to deliver her some sizzling hot and crispy fresh bacon stat!
  • undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As to the guy with the stuttering framerate, since most don't seem to be having the issue, I'd say chances are it's your end. I have no issue on Risa or anywhere else. This is not a graphically-taxing game. Check your drivers and remember, some cards just don't like some games.

Seriously people, you get a bunch of things fixed you want and all you do is moan and whine about other naggling issues. Things get fixed as they can. In a game affected by time, climate (A squall over a major signal route can tweak an MMo's performance), population, and so many users with individual systems, NO GAME will be perfect. Point to me one MMO with no bugs and I'll give you $1000.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Or go back and read my post #27 in this thread and do it yourself (permanently!)

It's even easier than that. Just type "PST to <<insert your time zone>> conversion" into a search and it'll come right up.

Or, "when is 6:30am pst in <<insert your timezone>>" and all of them don't even search they just tell you the answer. Even Ask.com and Yahoo have this capability.

Google actually gives funny answers to a lot of questions.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As to the guy with the stuttering framerate, since most don't seem to be having the issue, I'd say chances are it's your end. I have no issue on Risa or anywhere else. This is not a graphically-taxing game. Check your drivers and remember, some cards just don't like some games.

Let me say this again, it is NOT on our [plural] end.

We [plural] have gone through everything imaginable (and even possibly conceivable) without result. Drivers [ALL of them], validation, in-game settings, in-game settings files, GPU settings, directx files, installation, content files, launcher, background programs, GPU manufacturer, and windows. None of it as stated in the relevant threads has had any impact (which is a point you could have certainly verified before posting) and that's something acknowledged by what little feedback from cryptic we've received so far.

And to be absolutely clear for you these problems STARTED with season 10. Its not a long-standing comparability problem. Cryptic broke something (likely to do with how certain texturing/shading is handled on some hardware).
    Seriously people, you get a bunch of things fixed you want and all you do is moan and whine about other naggling issues. Things get fixed as they can. In a game affected by time, climate (A squall over a major signal route can tweak an MMo's performance), population, and so many users with individual systems, NO GAME will be perfect. Point to me one MMO with no bugs and I'll give you $1000.

I'm moaning because STO has driven over the cliff I've been pointing out for quite some time now. The Risan event is very, very, very likely to be non-functional for some people. It was functional a few months ago but now isn't due to a definite bug. Even if that doesn't affect you, you have absolutely no leg to stand on to say that it isn't a problem (that's quite conceited).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Inmate / Prisoner uniform updated to no longer be available in bare chest or armored categories.

Ummm.... what costume? O_O'
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Then you know what? Find another game to play. you obviously feel you're not getting your worth out of this one. Again, if it works for many, it is not the game. I don't care how many people it is. The game works fine for Cryptic, works fine for a lot of us, so the issue is not the game. If it's broke for everybody, that's another matter. Ever think maybe you and all the others having a problem might be running the same security program, or have the same Windows update, or have ISPs that use the same channels. There is something in common on the NON FUNCTIONING end. Find that and fix it.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
    edited June 2015
    Then you know what? Find another game to play. you obviously feel you're not getting your worth out of this one. Again, if it works for many, it is not the game. I don't care how many people it is. The game works fine for Cryptic, works fine for a lot of us, so the issue is not the game. If it's broke for everybody, that's another matter. Ever think maybe you and all the others having a problem might be running the same security program, or have the same Windows update, or have ISPs that use the same channels. There is something in common on the NON FUNCTIONING end. Find that and fix it.

And you know what you can do: stop posting. This isn't your problem and you're quite jerk to be trying to marginalized it for those for whom it is. STO can be broken in some part without it becoming a moral issue that you have to defend against. What I'm explicitly asking for is additional feedback on this glitch so those affected don't have to spend the next few weeks anticipating the patch notes (with mounting frustration). I, for one, would like to know what to expect so I can either write off the summer event now (with a minimum of fuss) or prep for delayed access. That's not unreasonable, particularly now that we've reached this point.

If that grates so much that you feel compelled to say GTFO (as the only possible release for where you've taken this dialog), then shortcut that problem and don't make that comment. You're not involved, so don't involve yourself to your own frustration.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • praecopraeco Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2015
    Yeah but you would have to do that each time. My method offers a one-time setup and then you basically just... scroll your mouse to a specific spot on your desktop to activate a mouseover tooltip.

Yeah it's a one-time setup, for multiple people. Adding a link to a time conversion site to the copy/pasted bits that seem to accompany every maintenance OP is a one-time setup for one person. It's also good form and a show of courtesy coming from the source of the time frame.
    Again, if it works for many, it is not the game. I don't care how many people it is.

I really hope that the next time you have a utility outage and it seems to take the provider forever to look into it and/or fix it, you remember saying this.
  • korfi2go#5083 korfi2go Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Inmate / Prisoner uniform updated to no longer be available in bare chest or armored categories.

I believe it is a Foundry thing?
    wivvEzf.png
    Always welcoming new Members. Check us out here!
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited June 2015

dude hes right ever since season 10 went live there has been problems for me and alot of people i know my ENTIRE fleet has this problem even counting in the lag either the skills the heralds use or their ships and them cause it but the lag is there when s10 went live before season 10 i can run everything on max with no problem and yes everything is up-to-date and i run fiber optics net.

edited June 2015
    There has been notes regarding the sever load of some BOFF/Captain/Ship skills, and this patch (among others) have contained partial fixes....

For the lag, not the bizarrely specific framerate problems. The only thing that could perhaps relate this week are the crash fixes for Kobali Prime and the Dyson Ground Battlezone (which also feature in the list of affected maps but to a lesser degree than Risa.)
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I live in one time zone and clearly all other time zones are a figment of my twisted imagination. Also I implore people to find out more about how pacific time relates to their own, not out of laziness, but rather their own education with regards to the standardization by relative time coordination. I've learned to and I've grown immensely from it!

(And yes, I think other time zones exist. Yes that was a joke. Please, I know all about the [insert-timezone] and their whackyness!)
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    June 4th from 6:30-10:00 AM Pacific (13:30-16:30 UTC).

Did it just get 30 minutes more?
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
    edited June 2015
    Due to mild warp turbulence, a Captain who is cleaaaarly in need of more raktajino, and a stewardess who is ranting about bacon, we expect a delay of 30 minutes before arrival at Risa. We'll keep you updated.
    edited June 2015
    p4hajuju wrote: »

Blast! You beat me by 2 minutes!
    edited June 2015

That or the Krenim compressed local time relative to international time. :P
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Blast! You beat me by 2 minutes!

And also there's a mistake there. I win.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Also I implore people to find out more about how pacific time relates to their own, not out of laziness, but rather their own education with regards to the standardization by relative time coordination. I've learned to and I've grown immensely from it!

(And yes, I think other time zones exist. Yes that was a joke. Please, I know all about the [insert-timezone] and their whackyness!)

Well, to be fair, if we're going to work on standardised times... you should post all times in GMT, since that's the standard time all time zones are based from on a + or -. I mean really, you post Pacific even though not all of the Pacific time zone is currently on the same time as only half of you actually put your clocks forward during the summer. :P

Yes I know you're joking. Yes I'm teasing you. No I don't really care what time zone you post in, I just can't remember what time every other zone in the world is currently following because we all change times at different times for different times. Times.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • renulinrenulin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Delay to the start of the Risa summer event: nobody wins.
    edited June 2015
    Yeah. I wish I did the EBS instead of others.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Due to mild warp turbulence, a Captain who is cleaaaarly in need of more raktajino, and a stewardess who is ranting about bacon, we expect a delay of 30 minutes before arrival at Risa. We'll keep you updated.
    This Captain also requires more Raktajino. Can I get some? :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2015

KDF females have a costume malfunction in Temporal Ambassador, from the waist down they wear the "prisoner" jumpsuit, from the waist up it's their usual near naked costume.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Um... what part of the Pacific timezone doesn't put its clocks forward? If you're thinking of Arizona, they are not part of the Pacific timezone in the first place (they just happen to match during the summer due to this).

Which I think is awesome. They are ON pacific time, but not IN pacific time.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Um... what part of the Pacific timezone doesn't put its clocks forward? If you're thinking of Arizona, they are not part of the Pacific timezone in the first place (they just happen to match during the summer due to this).

Wasn't talking about Arizona. They are MST but not all of them put their clocks forward which is why they match places using PDT during the summer.

But ok yeah, it's more than half of the Pacific time zone goes forward. But I was refering to Metlakatla, Alaska for example which does not observe PDT but is in the PST zone.

Also, if you read the dark part of the post you'll see that I was joking with her. But way to make it all serious. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • suntarusuntaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Arizona is Mountain Standard Time. we never change time on our clocks.
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Have they fixed that bug on Risa where you could fall through the sea near the Risa ship ?
    I noticed it yesterday. :confused:
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
This discussion has been closed.