test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi ship and R&D packs is BS!

lilbro35lilbro35 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
i spent 90 dollars on opening those boxes and not one ship. i want to be either rembersed or i want my ship!!!! i know of a few other ppl who spent 4 times that and didnt get a ship. this is rediculous!!! WE WANT OUR SHIPS!!!!
Post edited by lilbro35 on

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ahh, another one of these threads. Lesson learned, I guess and an example for others. But time and time again, this will be repeated by others and we'll see these same threads again and again.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agreed but you aren't the first nor the last to rant about this. It's obvious it's a lottery so th more you spend the bigger the fool you are and the happier cryptic and pwe are.

Best advice, buy off exchange with ec and don't pay cryptic a dime not even c store stuff, spread the word to encourage people not to encourage cryptic in this money grab and wait for their wallet to do the talking.
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You should have bought 90$ in keys and sold them on the exchange.You would have made enough credits to buy the ship off the exchange.It doesn't say anywhere that a ship is guaranteed to be found,no matter how many boxes you buy.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is why you buy ships from the exchange, using EC.

Some people can make hundreds of millions of EC from trading, crafting, or running STFs and selling the mats. If you can't do any of that you can use Zen.

The steps:
    1. Wait for a 15% off sale on Zen. Buy Zen in blocks of $50 or $100 for the bonus, and hold it.
    2. Wait for a sale on lockbox keys. Buy keys but do not use them and do not sell them yet.
    3. Wait a week or two after the key sale is over so that exchange prices on keys go back up.
    4. Carefully sell your keys. Take your time, go slowly and don't accidentally sell a stack of 10 for 2.3 million.

There, you now have hundreds of millions of EC.

When a lock box or R&D ship is released, you can now buy it off the exchange with a 100% chance of getting the ship. But don't buy it yet. Wait another week or so, checking prices in the exchange. After the first wave of buyers, the price will drop.

A lock box ship might be 150 million EC the first few days, then 110, then below 100 after a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmmmm. Suddenly had an idea/question - what if someone sells the materials and whatever else you get from, let's say, 90$ worth of R&D boxes, like in OP's case, - will it theoretically be enough to get the ship ?
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you spent $90 and won a fake ship you would be happier?
    Priorities. Please
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Welcome to the world of RNG. May this serve as a lesson ;)
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lilbro35 wrote: »
    i spent 90 dollars on opening those boxes and not one ship. i want to be either rembersed or i want my ship!!!! i know of a few other ppl who spent 4 times that and didnt get a ship. this is rediculous!!! WE WANT OUR SHIPS!!!!

Why would get reimbursed? The annoucement of the R&D promo pack states that when you open them you would either get 10 lobi, or a Elachi ship. Did you not get the lobi either?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    garaks31 wrote: »
    promotion r&d packs are currently 7.5mili on the ecx. x90 ...

However don't forget the 10. rule Greed is eternal.

you want the ship you want the lobi and you want the material's ... most importantly you want to follow the 62. rule The riskier the road, the greater the profit.

You sir are a true Ferengi. Just keep navigating your ship with skill and grace through the mighty river's of the great material continuum and you will reach The Divine Treasury. Where you will bid for your new live ...

Never consider going to The Vault of Eternal Destitution because as long as you follow the rules in your heart you can still show profit ... :rolleyes::eek::D

thnks for supporting the game :o
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I got a Sheshar on the second box, so...you win some, you lose some?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    I got a Sheshar on the second box, so...you win some, you lose some?

Salt meet wound.
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I once gambled in game but it was with my earned-in-game zen.
    It was for the bulwark. I had about 35k of zen so it took me 10k or something like that to get the ship. Never regretted it because it wasn't real money.
    Anyways, they came out with t6 and because of that I will never even gamble fake money on cryptic stuff
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    for one 90 dollars worth of keys gets u know where near enough for that ship. so stop trolling and 2 if im not the only one pissed about it then something should be done. and for all you trolling ppl out there no one cares what u think. there for your not getting under my skin.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    And a bit on probability.

People have opened thousands of lock boxes to get the approximate odds of finding a ship.

For the Undine lock box the chance was 0.42% from one box.

If you are starting with a pile of unopened boxes, the chance that you will get a ship can be computed before you open any boxes. Probability has no memory so the odds change (get worse) as your pile of boxes gets smaller.

The formula is 1.0 - (1.0 - chance from 1 box) ^ number of boxes not yet opened

So if you have 50 lock boxes and the odds are 0.42% from one box,

1.0 - (1.0 - 0.0042) ^ 50 = 19% chance of getting a ship

Once you open 10 boxes and do not get a ship, the odds go down:

1.0 - (1.0 - 0.0042) ^ 40 = 15.5% chance of getting a ship

If we assume the odds are 1% for the R&D pack, and you buy 90 of them,

1.0 - (1.0 - 0.01) ^ 90 = 59.5% chance of getting a ship.

Compare that to the 100% chance from using the money to buy keys and sell them on the exchange.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Salt meet wound.

RNG. She's a fickle mistress.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    well im not playing this anymore. you trollers win. ok im leaving thanks for ruining it for me. i was just venting and hopefully getting insight into others being screwed on this as well.

good bye all
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    well im not playing this anymore. you trollers win. ok im leaving thanks for ruining it for me. i was just venting and hopefully getting insight into others being screwed on this as well.

good bye all

You know you never have to spend a penny on this game, right?
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    80 keys sold at 2500000 a piece gets you 200000000. it's a lot closer then buying 36 boxes and getting no ship.That 2500000 is just the average key price.Depending on the actual price you would have more.If you didn't want people telling you the hard truth then you shouldn't have posted on the forum.Next time call Cryptic directly to complain,then they can explain that these promotional ship give aways are chance and not guaranteed.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

good bye all

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't want to learn how to buy ships with 100% success rate, or to understand how gambling works. "Math is hard" -- Barbie

I'd ask if I can haz ur stuffs, but no ships so no point.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Am I the only one who's bought these packs for the bonus lobi and the actual, y'know, crafting mats and R&D stuff?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    stofsk wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's bought these packs for the bonus lobi and the actual, y'know, crafting mats and R&D stuff?
    With money? No.
    With earned zen? Doing that makes sense, yes. Go ahead.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

For that and the catalysts and accelerators myself. I bought 2-3 4-packs (on sale, using sale-price zen) knowing I had close to zero chance of getting a ship so I didn't ragequit when I only got the lobi and mats.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

good bye all

I quit threads are not allowed.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Multiple people giving the same advice up isn't trolling but if you must insist and take your rant out on us too then so be it. I think honestly you are better off leaving the game and I sincerely hope you enjoy other games or whatever you choose to pursue. In the meantime cryptic has lost another paying customer so consider it a small victory and be glad you didn't waste more money.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015

good bye all

You'll get no sympathy from many people around here complaining about what is at its core gambling, and you won't get any sympathy from me either. If you choose to take part in what is obviously gambling you reap the consequences and its on your head that you were dumb enough to take part in it.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Nope. I purchased a few for the same reasons you did. Scoring the ship was, is, and always shall be the longest of long shots. All the other things in one of these boxes are really useful and, whenever the boxes are on sale, these items are a pretty good bargain as well.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Multiple people giving the same advice up isn't trolling but if you must insist and take your rant out on us too then so be it. I think honestly you are better off leaving the game and I sincerely hope you enjoy other games or whatever you choose to pursue. In the meantime cryptic has lost another paying customer so consider it a small victory and be glad you didn't waste more money.

The sad part is "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

If the OP refuses to learn basic probability and plays any other online games with crates or boxes he will make exactly the same mistake. Then go out and buy lottery tickets.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015

good bye all

Really, you leave after spending 90 dimes on this game? Is that really the right move?

Nonetheless, thanks for supporting STO.
  • Options
    averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I normally use my zen bought from Dili to buy the packs on day 1 and sell the packs. On day 1 of this promotion I was getting 9m a pack. With the sale on it was 800 zen for 4 boxes. So I made a load of ec as I had 56 packs.

Leave the RNG to others, but the best offer on the day be it keys or packs and sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All I know for certain is that yesterday we purchase two $1,000.00 charity raffle tickets to win a house. I will be really ticked-off if I do not win that house. I think it has about the same odds of winning a ship. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.