test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T'varo Torpedo boat questions.

f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Romulan Discussion
Hi all, I've been playing around with the T'varo the last few nights as a Torpedo boat, mind you I haven't upgraded every thing yet, as I'm still doing reps, But did they fix the way Torpedoes fire now?

I seem to remember back in the day, that if one torpedo fired, it would lock out the other ones, but that no longer seems to be the case.

For example, I have that Rom Rep torpedo in slot 1, a breen transphic cluster in slot two, A rapid Trans in slot 3 and some other I think the mission transphsic from one of the last FE in slot 4.

even when using Torp spreads (1 and 3), they still seem to cycle through, one after the other.

At first I had mapped them individually to my mouse keys, (6-9) but after checking them out on auto fire, I saw no noticeable loss in firing rate or DPS. I dd this because I remember a long time ago, they would "Lock Up" for lack of a better word.

I guess the question is, did they fix this, as it sure seems so, and also, what would be a good ship upgrade as far as the EBC and movement rate. Currently I love the T'varo T5-u but I need to invest in some more traits for the bird.

Thanks guys.
My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks wardcalis.

Maybe I just imagined the whole thing then. I could have sworn , that torpedo boats used to reset all the time.

Never been a space bar smasher myself, mostly due to when I do play with beams, I don't want to interrupt the firing cycle as you said.
  • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That only happens if you run more than 3 torps up front and/or run 3 vs 2 pwo doffs depending on the fire rate of your chosen torp type.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am using three of the reputation trops on the front, two on the back, and the web mines. I have found that the torps all go offline for about a second (reloading the torpedo tubes, I assume), but each of them use different cooldowns.
    edited May 2015
    Without knowing specifics. experiment with 2 rather than 3 projectile doffs. I'm guessing your talking 2 photons and neutronic torp.
    Make sure the slowest torp is slotted far left left eg.the neutronic.
    You know if you have too many doffs because your big red blob won't fire:)
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Without knowing specifics. experiment with 2 rather than 3 projectile doffs. I'm guessing your talking 2 photons and neutronic torp.
    Make sure the slowest torp is slotted far left left eg.the neutronic.
    You know if you have too many doffs because your big red blob won't fire:)

Neutronic, Radiant, and Gravametric-Photon fore,
    Bio-Photon, Romulan Plasma aft

I am NOT using the T'Varo two-piece, though I probably should be using it. I plan on placing the Omega-Plasma fore. I will have to see what the Iconian Resistance torp is and decide if I plan on using it. I may replace the aft Bio-Photon as the Undine three piece bonus is useless without the turret.
    edited May 2015
    You shouldn't have any cd issues with that setup. However you will if you add the omega torp fore and keep the other three. You would need to slot a vaadwar torp, been cluster or bio neural if you want 4 torps fore. You could also run a beam.instead to proc a bo doff in lieu of a 4th fore torp.
    edited May 2015
    That is great to know in regards to the 4 up front.

Thanks again all.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    That is great to know in regards to the 4 up front.

Thanks again all.

I've been in a couple of discussions about having a 4 launcher torp boat. Your name seems vaguely familiar so i dont know if we've had this discussion before. Anyways i have two 4 launcher ships...one used to be my Tvaro and then i switched all my gear to a Faeht when it came out and the other ship is a Kar'fi.

On my Tvaro>Faeht the setup i settled on is Gravimetric Photon, Enhanced Bio Photon, Bio Photon, Bio Photon. With these launchers and no PWO doffs it will fire 1-2-3-4 and then back to 1-2-3-4 again. But i found that when adding in PWO doffs it would fire 1-2 pwo proc, back to 1-2, pwo proc, back to 1-2 and so on. Using better quality like rare and vr PWO doffs and using more of them only made the problem worse. It ended up locking launchers 3 and 4 out of the rotation so pretty much they were dead weight. So because of that i ended up not using PWO doffs, which in a way is good cause i was able to use better utility doffs for my stealth bomber. I used 2 maintenance engineer (ET reduction), matter-antimatter (energy resistance when using auxid), technician (increase aux power when cloaked) and an aftershock gw doff.

My other ship the Karfi has Rom Hyper-Plas, a TCB launcher, Hargh Peng, and Breen Cluster. This one isnt really a serious build just one that i hop into if i feel like saturating an STF with plasma torpedoes. With this build though i do use PWO doffs. I didnt do too much experimenting with this one though but just by looking at it all the launchers fire ok. In the big thread about torp boats there is a list of what launchers dont interfere with other launchers cycles cause they are off the GCD or something. I think Hargh Peng might be one of those but i dont remember. Also i think the temporal launcer from lobi store doesnt interfere with other cooldowns either.
    edited May 2015
    Ah yes that's interesing I've never actually run a torp boat with no pwo doffs before. I guess because I always like to run breen on the rear so I want some form of increased cooldown there.

Could then be interesting to run 3x the new xindi pwo doff and 4 torps up front...then use an omni on the back...hmmm
    edited May 2015
    stonewbie wrote: »
    I've been in a couple of discussions about having a 4 launcher torp boat. Your name seems vaguely familiar so i dont know if we've had this discussion before. Anyways i have two 4 launcher ships...one used to be my Tvaro and then i switched all my gear to a Faeht when it came out and the other ship is a Kar'fi.

On my Tvaro>Faeht the setup i settled on is Gravimetric Photon, Enhanced Bio Photon, Bio Photon, Bio Photon. With these launchers and no PWO doffs it will fire 1-2-3-4 and then back to 1-2-3-4 again. But i found that when adding in PWO doffs it would fire 1-2 pwo proc, back to 1-2, pwo proc, back to 1-2 and so on. Using better quality like rare and vr PWO doffs and using more of them only made the problem worse. It ended up locking launchers 3 and 4 out of the rotation so pretty much they were dead weight. So because of that i ended up not using PWO doffs, which in a way is good cause i was able to use better utility doffs for my stealth bomber. I used 2 maintenance engineer (ET reduction), matter-antimatter (energy resistance when using auxid), technician (increase aux power when cloaked) and an aftershock gw doff.

My other ship the Karfi has Rom Hyper-Plas, a TCB launcher, Hargh Peng, and Breen Cluster. This one isnt really a serious build just one that i hop into if i feel like saturating an STF with plasma torpedoes. With this build though i do use PWO doffs. I didnt do too much experimenting with this one though but just by looking at it all the launchers fire ok. In the big thread about torp boats there is a list of what launchers dont interfere with other launchers cycles cause they are off the GCD or something. I think Hargh Peng might be one of those but i dont remember. Also i think the temporal launcer from lobi store doesnt interfere with other cooldowns either.

This is great information to know. I'll have to play around with removing my Torp Doffs all together then. Thank you.
    edited May 2015
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    This is great information to know. I'll have to play around with removing my Torp Doffs all together then. Thank you.

np...running with no PWOs i think is only something that you would want to do if you want to run 3-4 launchers with low cooldowns like photons or maybe quantums. If you have a high cooldown launcher in there like the Breen Cluster then you want those PWO doffs. Cause then your launchers with low cooldowns will proc your PWO which affects all launchers including your high cooldown launchers.

But its been a looong time since i've messed around with my Torp boats so i dont remember for sure if launchers like the Breen Cluster, Hargh or what all is affected by PWOs. Like i think a good setup used to be Rom-Plas launcher, another plasma launcher and then the rapid fire launcher. The rapid fire launcher was your proc engine and it was meant to maximize the number of times your PWO would proc which would in turn make your Rom Plas fire a continous stream of plasmas.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stonewbie wrote: »
    np...running with no PWOs i think is only something that you would want to do if you want to run 3-4 launchers with low cooldowns like photons or maybe quantums. If you have a high cooldown launcher in there like the Breen Cluster then you want those PWO doffs. Cause then your launchers with low cooldowns will proc your PWO which affects all launchers including your high cooldown launchers.

But its been a looong time since i've messed around with my Torp boats so i dont remember for sure if launchers like the Breen Cluster, Hargh or what all is affected by PWOs. Like i think a good setup used to be Rom-Plas launcher, another plasma launcher and then the rapid fire launcher. The rapid fire launcher was your proc engine and it was meant to maximize the number of times your PWO would proc which would in turn make your Rom Plas fire a continous stream of plasmas.
    i'm fairly certain that every torpedo except the omega plasma is affected by them
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited May 2015
    i'm fairly certain that every torpedo except the omega plasma is affected by them

Tvaro consoles red ball of doom used to be affected by pwo doffs, then they changed it. I dont know if they have reverted it back though. Its funny about this too cause i was actually just getting into playing my Torp Tvaro when this change came out and seeing fewer balls of doom launching per STF was kind of a let down.