test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics are too dark

immanionimmanion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I'm not sure if this is just me and my setup or normal, but I find pretty much everything to be too dark in game. I played at launch and don't remember this being the case, but I've recently returned and it's driving me insane. I've tried playing with the brightness controls on my computer and in game, but this only serves to wash things out.

Have a look at the following:

Example.

Now not all missions are quite so dark, but I do find I usually have to up the brightness to the point everything's washed out just so I can make it through the mission without giving myself a headache staring at the screen.

Is this normal? Any suggestions on lightening things up without washing them out?
Post edited by immanion on

Comments

• corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    immanion wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is just me and my setup or normal, but I find pretty much everything to be too dark in game. I played at launch and don't remember this being the case, but I've recently returned and it's driving me insane. I've tried playing with the brightness controls on my computer and in game, but this only serves to wash things out.

Have a look at the following:

Example.

Now not all missions are quite so dark, but I do find I usually have to up the brightness to the point everything's washed out just so I can make it through the mission without giving myself a headache staring at the screen.

Is this normal? Any suggestions on lightening things up without washing them out?

That mission is ALWAYS that dark. It's part of the story.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Try adjusting your Gamma settings. I believe there's a calibration screen somewhere for that. I find that 125% works fine for me.