test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wired reveals Orgrim Doomhammer first look for War craft film

moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Ten Forward
Horde favoritism on the rise as Orgrim's smexiiness is revealed.

Holy hell, I never thought anyone could top the orcs of LotR in terms of amazing looks, but once again Blizzard proceeds to take something great and makes it balls out outstanding.

Seriously, this may be the first video game film since the original Mortal Kombat to actually NOT suck!
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
Post edited by moonshadowdark on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    I might have to watch this movie. Looks interesting. Had to look up Kazinsky though. Now I recognize him as one of the Aussie Rangers from Pacific Rim.

And hopefully they do a good job with the movie. I've watched a few Video Game movies that were stinkers, one that was alright but could have been better and had a good soundtrack, and two that were pretty decent.

Stinker:
    Super Mario Bros.
    -Seriously... WTF? Evolved Dinosaurs that just happen to look exactly like Humans? Granted I think Daisy was kinda hot... And the Mario Bros. being from Brooklyn and Luigi NOT having a 'stash? Other than Daisy and her spunk, the only redeeming element of Mario Bros. was the Bob-omb scene. That was funny.

Street Fighter
    -Not the recent Chun Li centric one. The older one with Jean Claude Van Damme. That felt like "Lets see how many characters we can cram into one movie" and came across as pretty campy as a result. With so many characters, NONE really stood out. Not even Guile, who happened to be Van Damme's character and was pretty much the hero of the movie.

Could have been better:
    Wing Commander
    -They got a couple details wrong, like Paladin being French instead of Scottish and Devereaux NOT being French, but the soundtrack was pretty good. Don't think Freedie Prinze Jr. was a good choice for Blair, but... *shrug* Also... the Kilrathi didn't have fur. They were still somewhat recognizable as feline though, and they did a decent job bringing the Cats to life, but the whole Pilgrim Distrust subplot kinda didn't feel right to me. Not the best, but... passable for a Wingnut and a decent action movie overall even if you know nothing of Wing Commander. When I first saw it my only exposure to Wing Commander was the old DOS game Wing Commander Armada.

Pretty Decent:
    Both Tomb Raider movies
    -I believe that they actually got Tomb Raider right. Casting Jolee as Lara Croft was IMO a good choice. She got Lara down pretty good, and made the character believeable. And the stories in both films fit in perfectly with the style of Tomb Raider.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2015
    Played the game, so gotta see the movie. I'm actually impressed with the look, and am curious how the mouth will work without looking hokey, seeing those big tusks protruding.

But, I play tauren and gnomes (my STO forum name comes from a former steampunk gnome of mine), so I'd like to see how those will look in the film.

EDIT: Had trouble with the OP link. Try this link for just one of the pics.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    page not found :(
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    EDIT: Had trouble with the OP link.

That's because the STO forums hate the word War Craft without the space for some reason and censors it even in links. Must be considered vulgar language in some obscure corner of the Earth.

so you played WoW? Which server? I had a Draenei Paladin on Azuremyst. She's still there, but I haven't played in a long time and would probably have to relearn how to play since they changed Paladins.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2015
    page not found :(

Try copying the full link below and pasting to a browser. Remove the space between "war" and "craft":

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/war craft-orgrim-reveal-exclusive/
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Try copying the full link below and pasting to a browser. Remove the space between "war" and "craft":

http://www.wired.com/2015/05/war craft-orgrim-reveal-exclusive/

thanks! That worked.

Eff the censors.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i played wow for years, i do like my orcs.. have a Warrior, Shaman, Hunter and rogue stashed away on a chilled RP server, may even get back to playing them at some point lol, so i'm really looking forward to this film. the last 3 expansion intro videos were great, and this movie will be leaps and bounds above them, so i cant see me not liking it.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015