test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Payment confusion - automation?

casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
Okay, so until today every single time I've purchased some Zen this has been the process:

Click the in-game button, get redirected to website, log in, select an amount, select game/server, confirm, get redirected to paypal, log in, select payment method, confirm, get sent back to Perfectworld, receive confirmation, Zen arrives in-game.

Today, this is what happened:

Click the in-game button, get redirected to website, log in, select an amount, select game/server, confirm, Zen arrives in-game.

I'm confused. Somehow Perfectworld has set up automated billing with paypal, without asking me first. This has led to them taking the payment from the wrong paypal account and funding source, forcing me to cancel the transaction (which apparently takes up to 5 working days).

When did Perfectworld start doing this? I don't want to have to log into paypal and cancel an automated billing agreement that they have set up without asking me, after every time I make a purchase! :mad:

I am now scared of hitting the "Purchase" button on the Perfectworld site, since I don't know whether I will have a chance to define the payment properly on paypal or if they will just take the money immediately!
Post edited by casbyness on

Comments

• Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This has been my issue as well. For some reason known only to them, they don't allow us the choice of where money is to be debited. Money gets taken out of my bank account, whether I want to or not. Not where I intended at all!

What's worse is you can't edit the payment agreement (to change the funding source), you can only cancel it.

They need to fix this!!!

I totally understand that it's supposed to streamline transactions and blah blah blah. Supposed to. It's more of an inconvenience for us.

At least I can circumvent that by buying PWE cards but I shouldn't have to. (At least it gets me out of the house.)
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think something's up. I just got an email saying PWE cancelled my paypal express checkout. Something I didn't even know I had.

Odd. CS is backed up with tickets so for now I think I won't worry until I go to buy some zen
  • Options
    widssowwidssow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It is still active! =(
    It just happend to me. I had to go in on Paypal account and cancel the payment. This is realy bad!
    Dont like it at all and I cant find anywhere where I can cancel it.