test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone notice the Odyssey Uniforms during the Dominion War?

iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
If you talk to Kurland and Loriss and play back the recording of the signing of the treaty between the Dominion and Federation/KDF/Romulan Alliance on DS9, you'll notice all the Federation Officers there are wearing the 2409 uniforms.

And... we wonder why Loriss believes we're lying to her...

fake.gif
ExtxpTp.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    If you talk to Kurland and Loriss and play back the recording of the signing of the treaty between the Dominion and Federation/KDF/Romulan Alliance on DS9, you'll notice all the Federation Officers there are wearing the 2409 uniforms.

And... we wonder why Loriss believes we're lying to her...

fake.gif

Yeah, I noticed that on playthrough with my Delta Noobs. They need to be wearing the First Contact style uniforms.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also very common to have 1 npc of the group of starfleet officers wearing the 2409 in the Devidian 22nd century missions.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's like the crew of the Rapier in the mission of the same name - the mission takes place in 2409, but the ship was missing for six, seven years - meaning it disappeared in 2402 - when the uniform standard was Sierra 2 (and Antares 1, for some)... Except they too are now wearing the Odyssey uniform, which didn't become the 'standard' Starfleet uniform until 2410.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    That's like the crew of the Rapier in the mission of the same name - the mission takes place in 2409, but the ship was missing for six, seven years - meaning it disappeared in 2402 - when the uniform standard was Sierra 2 (and Antares 1, for some)... Except they too are now wearing the Odyssey uniform, which didn't become the 'standard' Starfleet uniform until 2410.

Actually... I think the Odyssey was retconned in as the standard uniform for 2409 at least, considering by default our characters wear that when first made unless we change it, Captain Taggart wears one, Admiral Quinn wears one in 2409...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Actually... I think the Odyssey was retconned in as the standard uniform for 2409 at least, considering by default our characters wear that when first made unless we change it, Captain Taggart wears one, Admiral Quinn wears one in 2409...

This. The old uniforms are still in the game so they don't take anything away from people but they are essentially like the Typhoon and Jupiter starships - overhauled and effectively phased out one by one. Although it would be neat if that scene in question would feature the TNG movie uniforms and the Rapier crew would wear the AGT uniforms :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    This. The old uniforms are still in the game so they don't take anything away from people but they are essentially like the Typhoon and Jupiter starships - overhauled and effectively phased out one by one. Although it would be neat if that scene in question would feature the TNG movie uniforms and the Rapier crew would wear the AGT uniforms :D

That's actually an EXCELLENT catch if we treat the AGT uniforms as an historical uniform worn after the First Contact uniforms and before the Odyssey.
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »

It's not retconned! There was a reanimating augment virus that caused the organic fibers of some Odyssey uniforms to resemble Sierra uniforms for a while. This is why previous uniforms did not use organic fibers since the TOS era, when, in fact, Starfleet textiles were algae-based.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You have a point, Rattler - after all, the Devs manually adjusted the individualised uniforms like the captain of the U.S.S. Gold (can't remember her name....) from their previous appearance to the Odyssey, despite only appearing in missions in 2409 (characters like Quinn, Kurland and such who appear in both 2409 and 2410 aren't, in my opinion, good subjects on the matter since their character are has to match their current appearance, not 'historical' appearance).

If nothing else, maybe the Antares and Sierra uniforms didn't last very long, the near-complete removal of the Dress Code a failed experiment by Starfleet like The Great Experiment (Excelsior Transwarp) and blue-on-blue LCARS... becoming simply a mere footnote in history like Captain Decker of the Enterprise...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ^ Among other notable failed experiments like children allowed aboard the safest place in the universe, all-black planets, and cummerbunds for all.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That's actually an EXCELLENT catch if we treat the AGT uniforms as an historical uniform worn after the First Contact uniforms and before the Odyssey.

I would. Sure, they were alternate timelines that were ended whenever they came up but we have ships from the alternate timelines in the game and the Oddyssey combadge is also tailored after the AGT one. Plus the oddyssey unfiroms do incorporate the AGT look rather strongly. They bring the TNG show and movie, VOY and AGT uniform into one design.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    To be fair though, the uniforms referred to as the AGT uniforms appeared in three seperate alternate timelines; namely:

All Good Things (TNG)
    The Visitor (DS9) - this episode had the uniform in use at least until 2422
    Endgame (Voyager)

That's three seperate alternate timelines, with no connection to each other, in which that uniform was in use. I, therefore, choose to beleive that it was used by Starfleet at some point.

Good observation, although in the show they were used to visually indicate "this doesn't really happen" which is what I meant :D Still, like them (maybe my favourite Star Trek uniform, even) and I would welcome that nod in STO :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Not to mention that in VOY "Timeless" the AGT combadge was used even though one of the previous uniforms (Dominion War) were still worn, and Kim and Chakotay (and The Doctor) wiped that timeline from existance...

Either way, though, the 'Uniform Progression Chart' shown here;
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6003273
    Even if one removes the Sierra uniform and says that it's been Odyssey the whole time of the game, shows that the 2390's AGT uniform does seem to have been an actual Starfleet uniform in the game's timeline...

(Which still says to me that the Rapier crew should probably be wearing AGT uniforms, not Odyssey, but that's just my pet peeve...)