test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

the way the ignore list needs to work

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
when I ignore a player I never want to see them again. not in chat, and not in an stf either. yet this has happened several times. to be honest my ignore list consists of 3 groups of people. 10% people I just didn't like and put there. 70% spammers, and 20% idiots who failed stf's singlehandedly so I threw them on ignore with hopes ill be spared the displeasure of their company again. this unfortunately hasn't been the case. ended up in an STF with one today. guess what? he failed it.
Post edited by shinnok918 on

Comments

• Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately, this is an MMO and you will have to put up with seeing the guy again.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    when I ignore a player I never want to see them again. not in chat, and not in an stf either. yet this has happened several times. to be honest my ignore list consists of 3 groups of people. 10% people I just didn't like and put there. 70% spammers, and 20% idiots who failed stf's singlehandedly so I threw them on ignore with hopes ill be spared the displeasure of their company again. this unfortunately hasn't been the case. ended up in an STF with one today. guess what? he failed it.

I posted about you in another thread...and...I'd love for the ignore list to work the way it does so I wouldn't have to run into a fail like you again. ;)
    To be blunt, no it wasn't. Even pre-DR, 1-3k was being carried. Well, depends on what you mean by 3k...whether you're saying 1-<4k or 1-3k...cause somebody doing 3-<4k that was doing some CC or the like could be contributing. Folks doing 1-<3k were being carried.

But that's not what I came here to post, heh...was actually this from the ISA run I had which just failed...cracked me up something rotten.

Player D) "WHATEVER IDIOT WASTED THE GRAV WELL ON THE TRANSFORMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAIL"

Yeah, they did the all caps for it.

But anyway, this was the DPS for the group.

Player A) 26,359
    Meena) 18,387
    Player C) 3,891
    Player D) 3,695
    Player E) 1,624

Yeah, Player D was leeching.../cough

But the reason it failed on the second Transformer was from lag. The combination of how it adversely affected DPS and well I died with Player A dying 19 seconds later.

The group lost all the DPS to lag deaths (spin cycle abilities unable to be activated).

If Players C-E were doing 5-9k DPS, it would have been enough DPS to have finished off the Transformer despite the loss of Players A & B.

But Player D going off like that...given their contribution...lol. It's funny, almost all of the complaints I've seen from folks blaming something that somebody else did...has been from folks like that. Odds are pretty good that folks having read the tirade that took place there probably would figure Player D for some "elitist" DPS douchebag...but yeah, lol, no...and oh well, that's how things go...it's just a trip.

Heh, the person had GW'd the Spheres...it was just laggy as Hell, the Spheres ignored it...DPS went down the drain...and the DPS died.

But people that don't pay attention to things like to make all sorts of excuses...

Derp say what?
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    I posted about you in another thread...and...I'd love for the ignore list to work the way it does so I wouldn't have to run into a fail like you again. ;)

Derp say what?

ok, this is so funny i snorted in my ice cream. :D
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2015

For the gold seller spamming they should just have a policy that you cannot post to zone chat unless you have completed the first 3 missions or the tutorial missions.

They would make it harder for them to spam zone chat on newly created accounts and would help to discourage them from doing so.

Make the gold sellers play the game a bit before they can post to zone chat...

Or have a zone chat option to "ignore players younger than 40 hours" so that you only see veteran players in zone chat.
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Derp say what?

lol. yet in the last stf I saw u in I realized u had failed it. ill admit my kdf is still low dps but I have to get marks and I have to test myself too. see what else needs to be refined. ur trying to take the dps stance on me but lets review the last stf I was in with you (btw you were on my ignore list from a previous meeting so that means you've caused at least one more epic fail I witnessed in the past).

first transformer goes. thankfully the noob who put the gravity well on it didn't cause a sphere to be pulled in on it prematurely. second transformer has gens get popped too fast. in fact 2 of the players were still working on the last sphere while you and the scimitar ignored this fact and went over to right hand side short handed. I at least try to help and attempt to get the attention of the last 2 players.

cube pops. gens pop. transformer is going down at a decent rate, but not fast enough since we were short handed, and a noob puts a grav well on it. spheres get nearly in range, I holler for someone to grav well the spheres. oh wait, the noob wasted their grav well on the fracking transformer. bortasqu' cruiser cant support grav well so this is one of the 3 characters (all 3 eng) that has no grav well. I cant help there.

spheres get in range due to lack of grav well. had the grav not been wasted on the transformer the mission would've passed.

you had the grav well. you misused it. you caused the fail. I saw u use it before. it wasn't the scimitar. it was you. you want to call a player out, be ready for your mistakes to be brought to the light too.

trying to play the DPS card doesn't ignore the fact that you make mistakes too. everyone tries to hide behind that but even in a match like that DPS doesn't mean everything, especially in a PUG. mistakes matter. you made the mistake that failed the match. face it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    unotetsu wrote: »
    For the gold seller spamming they should just have a policy that you cannot post to zone chat unless you have completed the first 3 missions or the tutorial missions.

They would make it harder for them to spam zone chat on newly created accounts and would help to discourage them from doing so.

Make the gold sellers play the game a bit before they can post to zone chat...

Or have a zone chat option to "ignore players younger than 40 hours" so that you only see veteran players in zone chat.

best idea ive seen so far. especially the 40 hour thing. but honestly that is a bit steep. gold diggers have new accounts. make it 5 hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    lol. yet in the last stf I saw u in I realized u had failed it.

You said the guy that dropped the GW failed it. Now I'm the guy that caused the fail?
    ill admit my kdf is still low dps but I have to get marks and I have to test myself too. see what else needs to be refined. ur trying to take the dps stance on me but lets review the last stf I was in with you (btw you were on my ignore list from a previous meeting so that means you've caused at least one more epic fail I witnessed in the past).

Lol...you've got no idea who you're talking to do you?

edit4: That could be taken wrong. That's not an ego thing. I'm a goofball. It's the more literal you weren't paying any attention and have no idea who was doing what and thus have no idea who you're talking to. :)
    first transformer goes. thankfully the noob who put the gravity well on it didn't cause a sphere to be pulled in on it prematurely. second transformer has gens get popped too fast. in fact 2 of the players were still working on the last sphere while you and the scimitar ignored this fact and went over to right hand side short handed. I at least try to help and attempt to get the attention of the last 2 players.

Everything was already dead on the Left. Two players were attacking the Gateway. You even asked one of them to go Right cause he was still over there (Player E, btw). You lollygagged over to the Right. Player E actually died to the Gateway. Player A killed the last Sphere from the Left 53 seconds before the Cube was dropped.

Player A engaged when we had three players there on the Right. Player A killed all four Gens within 10 seconds. No Gen fell until 5 seconds after the Cube was destroyed. Player A actually took out the two front Gens at the same time. I was aft of the Cube when it popped, working the flanking on my B'rel. 5 seconds after second Gen was down, Player A helped me take out the third. 5 seconds later, we'd taken out the fourth. I was saving buffs for the Trans.

The log shows you getting the final shot on the Cube, but you didn't land a shot on any of the Gens. Then again, you only fired on the Cube for 12s out of 21s it was fired upon.

You really weren't paying the least attention to what was going on and didn't log the run to be able to break it down by the second like I'm doing here, eh?
    cube pops. gens pop. transformer is going down at a decent rate, but not fast enough since we were short handed, and a noob puts a grav well on it. spheres get nearly in range, I holler for someone to grav well the spheres. oh wait, the noob wasted their grav well on the fracking transformer. bortasqu' cruiser cant support grav well so this is one of the 3 characters (all 3 eng) that has no grav well. I cant help there.

DPS on that Transformer?

Player A) 6,734 for 52 seconds
    Meena) 20,604 for 23 seconds (got popped at the 310 mark, last Gen dropped at the 289 mark, 2s of DPS while a Gen still up)
    Player C) 6,022 for 40 seconds
    Player D) 6,175 for 31 seconds
    Player E) 4,150 for 11 seconds

First Transformer?

Player A) 22,495 for 53 seconds
    Meena) 28,762 for 28 seconds
    Player C) 0 for 0 seconds, n/a (was off doing something somewhere, heh)
    Player D) 6,001 for 47 seconds
    Player E) 6,147 for 28 seconds

Why so low for Player A on the second one? Like I said, it went to Hell as far as lag goes - one can look through the combatlog.log file to see that most of that came from Player A's Advanced Drones cause Player A had basically lagged out.

I went spin cycle without being able to activate anything - no ET, no HE, no ST, no RSP.
    spheres get in range due to lack of grav well. had the grav not been wasted on the transformer the mission would've passed.

you had the grav well. you misused it. you caused the fail. I saw u use it before. it wasn't the scimitar. it was you. you want to call a player out, be ready for your mistakes to be brought to the light too.

I don't have GW on my B'rel. The build's linked in the thread in my signature. HE1, ST2, DRB2...
    trying to play the DPS card doesn't ignore the fact that you make mistakes too. everyone tries to hide behind that but even in a match like that DPS doesn't mean everything, especially in a PUG. mistakes matter. you made the mistake that failed the match. face it.

Derp say what part duh!

edit: One could say it failed cause...
    ill admit my kdf is still low dps but I have to get marks and I have to test myself too.

...somebody was leeching and even admitted it. ;)

But honestly, if Player A hadn't lagged out and I hadn't gone spin cycle...there would have been no issue with the run at all...but if you want to blame Player C...shouldn't throw stones in a glass house and all.

edit2: Shall we break down Player D's...stuff?

Polarized Disruptor Array
    Resonant Disruptor Array
    Disruptor Beam Array - Fire at Will III
    Cutting Beam
    Bio-Molecular Disruptor Array
    Disruptor Autocannon
    Resonant Transphasic Torpedo - Spread II
    Disruptor Array
    Omega Graviton Amplifier
    Disruptor Beam Array - Fire at Will II
    Directed Energy Modulation II
    Resonant Disruption Wave
    Resonant Transphasic Torpedo
    Pets (Sum) HoH'SuS console
    Resonant Disruptor Beam Array - Fire at Will III
    Resonant Disruptor Beam Array - Fire at Will II
    Aceton Beam III
    Heavy Graviton Beam

So uh...you had the 3pc AKHG going for the HGB?

But this is a new toon that needs Marks? Running an Omega 3pc that would have set you back 15 BNPs and 3000 Marks?

Hell, Meena's still running the 3pc Solanae and Obelisk Core cause I'm still 1 BNP short for the first piece.

And er, running the AKHG/MACO Shields? That's going to interfere/nullify Leech, unless you weren't running Leech. Even so, to get the Power Conduit Links to work...you need to get hit, and taking 3.466% of the attacks isn't going to work.

You had the HoH'SuS and the Disruptor Autocannon...so that's two of your consoles gone. Doesn't show that your HoH'SuS used its own Autocannon, so I take it that the Subspace Snare console wasn't in play.

Don't recall seeing the big pointy arrow for Sensor Analysis, so I take it you weren't running the Command Bortasqu'...might be why the Subspace Snare wasn't there for the Enhanced HoH'SuS (that's not a recommendation, by the way, just an observation).

No Photonics, no RSF/MW, so you were a Tac - guessing based on that you were in the Tactical variant of the Bortasqu', yeah? FT5 or FT5U?

Running 5x Induction Coils? Vulnerability Locators? Using something else in the Tac slots? No Bio-Molecular Photon nor Heavy Bio-Molecular Turret...running the Multi-Relay Tac console? Slotting the Hydrodynamic to get the 2pc for the +7.5% Bonus Disruptor Damage? Probably using that Multi-Relay for a boost to Rad damage for the Aceton Beam, eh?

Going to be sporting the Assimilated Module with the KCB for that 2pc, yeah?

Heal Abilities were ET1 and HE1...so no shield heals. Heh, looks like my Nimbus even tossed you a SIF Transfer for a hull heal.

What was your other Sci ability? Likely PH, eh? Hrmm, but that would be PH2. Weren't any other heals - nothing that did damage...Jam, Scramble, Siphon, or Polarize...er...maybe MES, I guess.

TT1?, FAW2, FAW3
    TT1?, TS2

ET1, EPtW2/EPtE2?, DEM2, AB3
    EPtW1/EPtE1?

HE1, JS2/SS2/ES1/PH2/MES2?

Then again, you took so few hits - maybe you didn't need to bother with a shield heal in that Lt Sci slot...though if you had it and didn't need it, you could have shared it...so I'll leave it as is.

What about the rest...hrmm.

-474.251,-477.983

AKHG/MACO's a Resilient Shield, so that's a 0.9 to Shield and 0.5 to Hull for an Energy Attack.

1029.41 * 0.05 = 51.4705

25.157 / 51.4705 = 48.87% damage, so you were sporting ~51.12% DR at the time of that attack. There was no HE flowing, so it wasn't buffed that way...but maybe a PH2 in play? Couldn't tell on that, to be honest, wasn't watching your buffs close enough to recall that.

But would still put you at around 117 DRR...course, might have been sporting the Advanced Hull Reinforcement with the DBRR. But I've got a funny feeling it's probably a FT5U boat with the Mastery in play, and sporting 3-4 armor consoles. Though, there are a variety of ways one could get to that amount of DRR. But that would lead to hazarding a guess that the HoH'SuS and Autocannon were in Tac slots, eh?

And you know...it took a wee while, I've got a high threshold for it...but I'm bored now.

So have fun.

edit3: BTW, if somebody needs a TLDR...I get ticked off when folks go off on people in /team and tend not to react very well to it. But it's all good...whatev.

edit5: Wheee, have to love that 100:1 conversion...went the easy route and Meena's got her first piece. ;)
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    You said the guy that dropped the GW failed it. Now I'm the guy that caused the fail?

Lol...you've got no idea who you're talking to do you?

/snip

...Jaw Drops.

I have literally never seen a smackdown that bad in my life, and I did 4 years of nationally competitive debate. I <3 you so, so much Virusdancer.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ...Jaw Drops.

I have literally never seen a smackdown that bad in my life, and I did 4 years of nationally competitive debate. I <3 you so, so much Virusdancer.

Meh, none of the particular discussion would have taken place like it did if Cryptic's privacy settings offered players the correct message upon a message not going through.

Somebody's not on my friend list (lol, almost nobody is - when I'm in game, I'm not the least bit social - in the game, I'll blab away on the forums for hours, but I rarely talk to anybody in the game itself)...and they try to send a PM:

The user's privacy settings do not allow private messages from players not on their friend list or in their fleet.

vs.

The user is ignoring you. (or whatever it says, heh, I just don't PM folks to know what it says - can only go with what folks have told me over the years.)

So that's going to foster some animosity.

Then there was my end, I can get somewhat -extremely- antagonistic toward folks on the forums that talk about going into content unprepared and they shouldn't have to...the excuses...etc, etc, etc...but I tend to try to do what I can for folks that are trying (even if they're not doing very well with it) cause they're trying. The guy that had to have dropped the GW was a guy that...looked to be trying, but just wasn't doing very well.

Player A couldn't have done it. Player B was me and I didn't do it. Player D was making the complaint. Player E...who knows what the Hell they were doing, but they couldn't have done it. That left Player C...and to me...they looked like they were at least trying. Could have been they were doing minimal and I was mistaken, I was surprised by the Fleet name and how they were performing, but oh well.

So when I saw what had to have been an attack on somebody that I figured was trying...it ticked me off. I tend to overreact. Heh, I've got an Aug date instead of a June date cause I decided to defend somebody on the forums in a manner than the community team found to be too offensive and graphic...ahem, hrmmm.

But I think the OP and I are square. I'm still trying to think of somebody that could help with a build for a Tactical Bortasqu'...I think the waters here are kind of hot with the anti-FAW element, the sick of Battlecruisers where's the BoP, and so forth. I suggested that reddit might offer better help, but I'm not over there so I don't know.

The Bortasqu'...imho, but I'm a crappy pilot so that's part of the imho aspect...is just brutal to try to fly. With the +turn boosts working off the base in most cases...you end up facing the wrong way at the wrong time and it just goes bad. Can mean burning the Evasive to make the turn when you might need the Evasive at another point.

Coming into an engagement, if one has gone Beams - trying for that 70 degree broadside can be rough...fudging some sort of DBB build doesn't give much play, cause it's not just the TRIBBLE turn it's also going to be the inertia/impulse mod in trying to work the throttle back and forth...and DHCs, well - if you've got a parked target and can get close (years back there was a Bortasqu' vaper which was a trip - others would distract and line up the targets, he'd uncloak, and booyah...boom)...but otherwise, yeah, you don't swing the Bort's nose around - you wait for the Universe to move around you.

Have a rough idea of how I'd build it, I flew a Command and not the Tactical, but I avoid doing any sort of build advice - usually if I post a build of something I'm flying, it comes with the disclaimers of don't do this...yadda, yadda, yadda.

There are just too many factors to consider, imho, for somebody like me ever to think about offering build advice. It's one thing to discuss underlying mechanics, focus in on certain pieces, talk about how certain pieces can go together, etc - but that's mostly spreadsheet warrior stuff and the out in the field experience with things would count for more in my book. And well, my out in the field builds aren't usually very efficient - heh, sometimes it's just about the looks (still dig the look of Vaad Polarons with the Ferengi Missiles - oh man, I was thinking about how cool it would be to have an Astika with 3pc Borg, Vaad Turrets, Spatial Charges, the Torp Barrage console they just released with the Pilot boats, etc, etc, etc - just the visual stuff going on with it...heh)...

...so yeah, I'm not going to give folks any build advice - not my place in the least. Sure, might question some decisions if I can't see what's going on from that spreadsheet warrior angle, and might attempt to correct some assumptions about how things do or do not work based on what I've seen or what I've seen others see...but I'm not going to do any recommendations.

I'd be curious what builds and build advice folks might have to help the OP out there with the Tac Bortasqu (cause despite the -disagreement- that took place in this thread, they are a person that was trying and not just kicking back to leech - so they'd be a person that I'd want to try to help in some way)...they've done much better in other ships, they've just walked into that are of challenge of trying to make a Bortasqu' work...which I think is kind of cool (cause I'm off dorking around with patrickngo's Thought Experiment with seeing what can be done with BoPs - basically the only reason I'm still playing the game, meh).

So yeah, if folks had some ideas - experience to share from flying the Brick and so forth, something to help out the OP there or anybody else that wanted to fly the Bortasqu' and not simply write it off (it's the flagship, should be more than just a figurehead boat)...

...I think that would be pretty cool of them to help out there.

edit: Though, er, maybe in another thread without the drama from this one...lol.

edit2: Went ahead and created a thread:

Current thoughts/build advice for a Tac in a Tac Bortasqu' in today's PvE meta...?
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    virusdancer for council president
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you cant avoid them whilep ugging.

BUT

when you premake your teams in chat, you wont here their "pick me" so basically that should work. just set up your team yourself and then your irgnorel ist will work it out for you via chat.

though i had the same thought ;-)

but i think we have to live with the fact that pugging is just only for normals now (where you can solo everything if necessary) and even some normals would spew out 100% more marks if premade.

ive had a GoG that only gave 25marks of 50 ...
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I real life, you can ignore someone... You can even avoid them, or leave the room they are in.. But they don't go away, and you will always risk running into them again.

All the game does, is work in the same way everything else does.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas