test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

more kdf banking terminals please.

bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
there is a distinct shortage of banking terminals for Klingons not only at first city but especially at the shipyard.

feds cant walk 10 feet without tripping over a bank terminal in ESD and there is also a conveniently placed mail and bank terminal in the shipyard section of ESD, if you go to the kdf shipyard there is no mail terminal or more importantly no banking facilities.

very inconvenient if you decide to fit an item you have in your bank while you are at the ship yard, you need to go to the transporter go back to first city go all the way round to the bank/exchange at first city to get the item then retrace your steps all the way back to the ship yard to fit the item.

added to the fact that you have only one place I have seen at first city where you can access banking compared to the myriad of places on ESD to access banking.

the only places that are equal in this respect are the academy's both having the same amount of banking & mail available.

even if you are not intending to place any more banking at first city please at least put a terminal at the shipyard preferably a universal bank/mail terminal.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes a nice idea buy good luck, with all the bugs they allowed to be launched into S10, it will take them months to try and fix them all
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Welcome to the red-headed step-child side.

And really it not that we have less. They're just more scatted about. But thats due to design really. If you look at First City, this place looke more like a bunch of ships, parked near each other, and some how became a city. So yeah it could use a revamp.

KDF Shipyard. I'll abmit it does need a revamp. It has produced all the massive fleets of ships, with that 1 small ship construction area.

But see there'ss the diffrence. Where teh Federation have ESD, we have First City. On this I'd prefer to see a revamp to First City and th Academy. They are pretty are on teh same planet... so why exactly do I have to transport from on to the other? Why can't I just walk through a gate in first city and be at teh academy?

There is that as well. If First City feels a little to scattered for you. Go to the academy. It has everything you need. Well except a Bridge Ofiicer Trainer, Temperal Agaent, and Fleet Creation. still have to go to First City for those.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    trennan wrote: »
    Welcome to the red-headed step-child side.

And really it not that we have less. They're just more scatted about.

I cant see how you can say we don't have less, as I said before the kdf and fed academy's both have the same but I am comparing the bank services on first city and the kdf shipyard to those on the feds earth space dock.
    and I`m talking locations here not terminals.

unless I am mistaken the total sum of kdf bank locations is the exchange on first city, there are no bank facilities in the shipyard.

on ESD you have a bank terminal in the command centre / operations, in requisitions, in the exchange and in the shipyard.

that's 4 locations that feds can access banking facilities 1 in the shipyard section and 3 in the rest of ESD, kdf`s have no bank facilities in the shipyard and only 1 location in first city.

how can you say that its not that we have less.

it doesn't even bother me that there is only 1 location kdf`s can access banking on first city but we really do need a way to access the bank at the ship yard without the need to transport to another place.

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where are they *tripping* over them in ESD?...unless they have another area with banks I'm not aware of...they have their banking area on ESD and we have ours on Qo'nos...they have one down at the academy and KDF has theirs.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cant see how you can say we don't have less, as I said before the kdf and fed academy's both have the same but I am comparing the bank services on first city and the kdf shipyard to those on the feds earth space dock.

unless I am mistaken the total sum of kdf bank terminals is all located in the exchange on first city there are no bank terminals in the shipyard.

on ESD you have a bank terminal in the command centre / operations, in requisitions, in the exchange and in the shipyard.

that's 4 locations that feds can access banking facilities 1 in the shipyard section and 3 in the rest of ESD kdf`s have no bank facilities in the shipyard and only 1 location in first city.

how can you say that its not that we have less.

Last time I was on ESD they had 2 banking NPC's next to the exchange. Of course they also had a mailbox there too. KDF is sadly short on those.

As far as Exchange goes. Well you have two on the platform near the bank, and two down in corners there, one on each side.

The acadamy could use a revamp, just to get away from that Captain Caveman feel it has.

As for First City, well revamp it to actually look like a city. Add in some gambling tables and random alcohol vendors in there, and hay, with all the warriors and half naked orions, we have Conan.

As for the banking terminals outside of the exchange area. No need for them. I'd like to see it more setup like DS9. Exchange/Bank in one area. Vendors here there yonder and about. And ship area on the other side of the station. Now as we don't need a ship area in First city that clears up and empty place, well that sums up the now useless forge area. Lets move bankin and all to there and put an Orion bar where is use to be. The slums area could deffinately use a Trader/Shady Vendor type of person. The problem is the design.

So lets have a look at it this way.

The Great Hall should be the Centralized building. The Fire Pit should be right in front of it.

The Bridge Officer training area and ground combat tuturial are can been done away with and move to the new Circle of Honor, on one side of the fire pits.

The vendors and exchange/bank, can now be moved to the area that use to encompass The Forge. We can still call it that, just adding a use to it.

The prison can now be moved to what use to be the Bridge Officer/Ground tutorial area.

And the old area that use to be the Exchange/Bank, can now become a corner of the city, repurposed as an Orion Bar with two entrances.

And the Gate to the lowlands.. well lets see.. Great Hall, Fire Pit, oh yes.. the Gate should be there.

The storytellers there outside the great hall. Well they now become residents of the Fire Pit.

As that one picture shows. Put the Great hall and Fire Pit on a tier above everything else. turn that picture to where you're looking at the Great Hall. The vendors go right at the gate to the low lands(accessable through the forge now), to left of that, hmm the slums can go there. Up behind the slums you can put the Circle of Honor. To the right of the vendors now the forge area repurposed as bank, exhange, and tailor. Up behind it is now the new Orion Bar. Then up a tier to the center, This Should be the Fire Pit and Storytellers, then back behing it should be the Great Hall.

For this the vendors will need to be like DS9. Kit, Ground Armor, Ground Weapons, Items Merchants. 2 of each, spread out through the vendor and exchange area. This way it gives it the more City feel over a starbase on the ground.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Where are they *tripping* over them in ESD?...unless they have another area with banks I'm not aware of...they have their banking area on ESD and we have ours on Qo'nos...they have one down at the academy and KDF has theirs.

see my list above of the 4 locations feds can access banking on ESD as opposed to the 1 location kdf`s have.

I have already said the academy's have the equal amount, again I am referring to the 4 ESD locations feds can access banking as opposed to kdf`s 1 on first city.

also if you are at the feds shipyard you do not have to transport to another location to access banking as you do if you are at the kdf`s shipyard.

they even had the good manners to put a bank terminal right there in the feds shipyard, just in case you cant be bothered to run the few feet to the other 3 locations you can access banking on ESD.

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agree with this. ESD has banking terminals all over. It was probably even intended that one of the two mail terminals at the exchange was supposed to be a bank terminal but got overlooked.

First city just has the one, very out of the way, bank/exchange area.

I would like to see the SFA banks moved/added closer to the doffing people though, or vice versa. That is a nice thing about KDF academy, nearly everything is right in the one area.
  • Options
    branmakmorrnbranmakmorrn Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I say no. Quit offering suggestions on how to make the KDF better, it's already better than the UFP and doesn't need the frills.

I'm so tired of seeing Feddies make threads, a month after playing on the KDF side because of the Delta recruitment event, all asking for updates and upgrades and more stuff for the KDF just because they suddenly got a wild hair up their you-know-where and decided to play KDF.

True KDF only need what we have now - I'm talking the guys (and gals) that have played KDF for years. Speaking of years, yeah, where were you all 5 years ago right after launch when we were asking for this sort of stuff? Where were you when we were asking that the KDF get fully developed before the Romulans became a playable half-faction?

Who are YOU to say you know what's best for the KDF? WHO are YOU?

I AM THE MAN - I SUFFERED - I WAS THERE

Furthermore, where is the funding for all these frills and general haberdashery going to come from, hmmm??? This is all part of the on-going Liberal UFP agenda to raise taxes on the KDF. Yeah, develop us some more ships in the C-Store, some more costumes in the C-Store, demand more money from the KDF, but where will those funds we gladly hand over over go?

Not to any more banks, I'll tell you that. Probably will go to hiring the same actor that played Amelia Earhart in the Voyager episode "The 37's" to do some voice-overs so your Fed mains can get the fully-immersive STO fantasy you REALLY want.

Do the Empire a favor - quit trying to tell the devs how to run OUR SIDE for US.

Go back to ESD and get your discoteque on while we KDF'ers wipe the Iconian threat from the galaxy.

SERVE THE EMPIRE WELL!

Qapla'!
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The latest ESD design was based on a (nice-looking from an open space architectural standpoint) multi-level mall in its creating of ESD blog, so convenience of access was one of those things to reduce running around.

From an in-game standpoint; KDF is perfectly fine; real warriors aren't spoonfed easy access. But from a player standpoint, KDF could use a little more convenience as well.

There is the possibility of First City and maybe even the Shipyards undergoing another revamp; both of them were aggressively attacked by the Iconians, in a manner somewhat similar to ESD being raided by Undine in Surface Tension; which was later used to explain the latest revamp.

As well, the Devs did mention that they have more faction-agnostic missions centered around the KDF planned so that they can use it to both "expand" on the KDF as well as update them, without having to split resources as much.

I'd hazard that the Iconians focusing on KDF is basically an attempt to complete what they tried in Surface Tension, as well as a Developer means of doing some work for the faction without completely leaving the Feds and Roms untouched (already they're doing bundle ships to keep a 1:1:1 ratio, all of them sharing some similarity, and faction-agnostic missions keep the rewards even).
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What kind of KDF citizen are you?!

Every person you see walking past you is an ATM!

If they are unable to defend themselves and their wealth, it is yours for the taking!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Agree with this. ESD has banking terminals all over. It was probably even intended that one of the two mail terminals at the exchange was supposed to be a bank terminal but got overlooked.

First city just has the one, very out of the way, bank/exchange area.

I would like to see the SFA banks moved/added closer to the doffing people though, or vice versa. That is a nice thing about KDF academy, nearly everything is right in the one area.

there is a bank facility at ESD exchange but its a bit hard to find as it doesn't seem to pop up when you are near a console but once you find the spot and know where it is you will find it quite useful.

when you enter the exchange the terminals you use to access the exchange are to the right of the room and to the left are some unused consoles that I assume were intended to be for banking, if you approach these terminals to the left but don't enter through the gap the bank prompt should pop up on screen.

the only reason I bring this up is there appears to be a kdf revamp in the works so I thought it might be a good time to raise this issue.

• Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While I agree that it would be nice to have both a bank and a mail console at the shipyard, it's not a huge impediment. And First City had a revamp not long before ESD got its revamp.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I say no. Quit offering suggestions on how to make the KDF better, it's already better than the UFP and doesn't need the frills.

I'm so tired of seeing Feddies make threads, a month after playing on the KDF side because of the Delta recruitment event, all asking for updates and upgrades and more stuff for the KDF just because they suddenly got a wild hair up their you-know-where and decided to play KDF.

True KDF only need what we have now - I'm talking the guys (and gals) that have played KDF for years. Speaking of years, yeah, where were you all 5 years ago right after launch when we were asking for this sort of stuff? Where were you when we were asking that the KDF get fully developed before the Romulans became a playable half-faction?

Who are YOU to say you know what's best for the KDF? WHO are YOU?

I AM THE MAN - I SUFFERED - I WAS THERE

Furthermore, where is the funding for all these frills and general haberdashery going to come from, hmmm??? This is all part of the on-going Liberal UFP agenda to raise taxes on the KDF. Yeah, develop us some more ships in the C-Store, some more costumes in the C-Store, demand more money from the KDF, but where will those funds we gladly hand over over go?

Not to any more banks, I'll tell you that. Probably will go to hiring the same actor that played Amelia Earhart in the Voyager episode "The 37's" to do some voice-overs so your Fed mains can get the fully-immersive STO fantasy you REALLY want.

Do the Empire a favor - quit trying to tell the devs how to run OUR SIDE for US.

Go back to ESD and get your discoteque on while we KDF'ers wipe the Iconian threat from the galaxy.

SERVE THE EMPIRE WELL!

Qapla'!

as it happens I have been playing kdf for 3 years and created my kdf character as soon as I unlocked the ability by levelling my fed, that was way back when you couldn't make a kdf character until you got a fed to level 20 if you have been playing that long you might remember.

don't be so quick to assume I am a noob kdf.

I don't think a bank terminal at the kdf shipyard is too much to ask for and I would hardly class it as frills.
    it shouldn't cost a lot and should be quite easy to implement they probably only need to tag a unused console as a bank access spot and its done.
    equinox976 wrote: »
    What kind of KDF citizen are you?!

Every person you see walking past you is an ATM!

If they are unable to defend themselves and their wealth, it is yours for the taking!

why do you think I want more bank access I need to have more convenient spots to stash my ill gotten gains.