test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Assimilation (ill) Logic Test

sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
While playing through Borg Arc mission "Assimilation", I came across this interesting logic test for the players. :P

There is no access to the underside of the raised area, and the player cannot get close enough to the R&D node to interact with it through the barrier. :confused:

I guess the shiny is the banana and we get to be the test monkey. :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i was able to interact with it earlier when i ran through the mission on my kdf deltalt, so either they slightly increased the interact radius at some point, or it got moved just enough to where it could be interacted with
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    While playing through Borg Arc mission "Assimilation", I came across this interesting logic test for the players. :P

There is no access to the underside of the raised area, and the player cannot get close enough to the R&D node to interact with it through the barrier. :confused:

I guess the shiny is the banana and we get to be the test monkey. :rolleyes:

Is that the one under the ramp? I got it by going the long way around and being on top of it.

One note in assimilation. . Don't use aoe effects to take out the borg by the partially assimilated undine. I orbital hit them and took out the generator before it told me to and I had to restart the mission.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've noticed that some resource nodes currently have a very large interact radius on ground. Well, the gas ones more than the others. but yeah, that particular location does seem rather... challenging to get to. Can you stand on top of the object it's inside? Maybe that way.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I posted a bug report about this way back in July and actually got a dev response of confirmed and passed on to be fixed...but it doesn't seem to have really been fixed at all since about half the time you still can't get to the node to scan it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1181091&highlight=assimilation

What I would like to know is how do you get to this node in Facility 4028?
    http://tinypic.com/r/23ma1dw/8
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lhoygow wrote: »
    I posted a bug report about this way back in July and actually got a dev response of confirmed and passed on to be fixed...but it doesn't seem to have really been fixed at all since about half the time you still can't get to the node to scan it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1181091&highlight=assimilation

What I would like to know is how do you get to this node in Facility 4028?
    http://tinypic.com/r/23ma1dw/8
    it sounds like a low priority bug.

I thought that forcefield WAS removable. I seem to remember going in there to read the prisoner bios. Try going there during the prison riot. If it's still locked off, the presence of the forcefield is probably a bug.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    it sounds like a low priority bug.

I thought that forcefield WAS removable. I seem to remember going in there to read the prisoner bios. Try going there during the prison riot. If it's still locked off, the presence of the forcefield is probably a bug.

No go, during the riot the door from the main hall to the antechamber gets locked, computer tells you "Access restricted."