test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Smirk?

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
So, did I read correctly that Capn Smirk is gone? Can anyone confirm this?

So... who's now in charge of bug reports, etc. that he was handling?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    He was let go a month ago. Trendy is our Rep now - you can see all her posts in the GNN section.

Edit: I should point out that Smirk and Trendy were co-CMs for STO for a year, since Brandon left, so it is not like she is new to the job.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    He was let go a month ago. Trendy is our Rep now - you can see all her posts in the GNN section.

Edit: I should point out that Smirk and Trendy were co-CMs for STO for a year, since Brandon left, so it is not like she is new to the job.

And Trendy is killing it. . . By far the best thus far. . .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    If I weren't a Disciple of Taco... I would Hail Trendy. :D
    Trendy is by far much more talkative than Smirk, and I like that about her.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Intelligent, funny, and gorgeous. /swoon
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If I weren't a Disciple of Taco... I would Hail Trendy. :D
    Trendy is by far much more talkative than Smirk, and I like that about her.

I think she is the best yet.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    is that sad? that it took a month before someone noticed?
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I'm not really the most observant...

Edit: hey! Yoda!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited April 2015

it didn't, the day it happened (almost) the whole forum knew about it and was quite a popular topic
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    it didn't, the day it happened (almost) the whole forum knew about it and was quite a popular topic

well, I meant after the announcements
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not a big loss IMO.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Not a big loss IMO.
    I can think of others further up the food chain I would miss less.:rolleyes:
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    He's dead Jim....
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I can think of others further up the food chain I would miss less.:rolleyes:

Sensors are picking up some kind of lizard, orders Sir?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    He's dead Jim....

Who's Jim?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    trennan wrote: »
    Who's Jim?

Achievement earned: "Dead Jim." :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I won't take any shots at a man that unfortunately lost his job. I hope he's doing well these days, but I will say that Trendy is doing a much better job.

Trendy and Taco are great, they actually talk to us. :D
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I won't take any shots at a man that unfortunately lost his job. I hope he's doing well these days, but I will say that Trendy is doing a much better job.

lets be honest here, it was always trendy writing the dev blogs because the writing style has not changed.
    Not to mention at least Trendy actually informs the forums of issues at the same time as their facebook, twitter etc. This i respect.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Don't forget Callevista, they are quite active in the Art of Trek area.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CM communication and actions have gotten far superior since Smirk's demise.

All the better for us when Trendy had her wings untied, and was allowed to flourish. :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    edalgo wrote: »
    Or cheer and applaud.

I practically did that when Smirk left, he was a terrible CM, though granted there's one or two higher up I'd happily see go.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    And Trendy is killing it. . . By far the best thus far. . .

Oh really? Why is that?
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Oh really? Why is that?

She has grasped that as a CM, she can't just jump in when there is a big message or a corporate line to deliver. She seems far more active in general threads, offers comment and answers, thus comes across as a human being with a sense of humour.

Now that doesn't change any of the underlying mechanics of the game, but it is a vastly superior style of engagement.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    staq16 wrote: »
    She has grasped that as a CM, she can't just jump in when there is a big message or a corporate line to deliver. She seems far more active in general threads, offers comment and answers, thus comes across as a human being with a sense of humour.

Now that doesn't change any of the underlying mechanics of the game, but it is a vastly superior style of engagement.

Branflakes did all of the above. Plus he gave interviews and hosted livestreams showing off new content. While I agree that Trendy is doing a better job than Smirk I still think Brankflakes was the best CM we had so far.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Branflakes did all of the above. Plus he gave interviews and hosted livestreams showing off new content. While I agree that Trendy is doing a better job than Smirk I still think Brankflakes was the best CM we had so far.

There was this girl who was cm a few years ago that was absolutely terrible.
    May have been before f2p.

And there was stormshade. Poor guy wanted nothing to do with this up.
    He like fireballs and magic more
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The person is gone. Gossiping about them like a bunch of fish wives is not very nice.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    equinox976 wrote: »
    The person is gone. Gossiping about them like a bunch of fish wives is not very nice.

.... but very entertaining, right?

I think it's always a bit sad if a person loses his job, regardless of the reasons.

On the other hand, I am currently pretty happy with the communication.

I mean, it would still be nice to get informed earlier on certain things (like release dates), but the last few weeks, we had something new on the website to read practically daily. Of course, this could all be the result of a slow improvement that started under Smirk. I can only judge the current state, I don't know how it came to be. I don't know if the website stuff moves notably faster than the development stuff. I somehow suspect that blogs for this year's Summer Event were not started during the last Winter Event, while early development and design probably already did.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    we've been through a few... let's keep Trendy. She's excellent at her job.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we've been through a few... let's keep Trendy. She's excellent at her job.

+10 post of truth right here