What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Crashes on Voth Ground Battlezone

Comments

• Options
    ramos40kramos40k Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Try not to use TR-116, or crafted weapons in general. I didnt have crashez in the last hour.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm afraid I have to add my voice to the issue O.o

Running a non-delta Romulan with New Romulus rep and fleet gear.

When entering Outskirts area in Dyson Ground battlezone, my game client can't last a minute without crashing.

When logging in again, sometimes the client crashes again before it can even load the map.

Tried dropping from DirectX11 to dx9, didn't help.

In the end I loaded the game in safe mode, backed out from Outskirts, then reloaded the game with my original graphics settings.

Haven't touched Outskirts since.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've actually had some other weird stuff happening (besides the crashes) at one point the transporter was in the hands of the Voth while we were doing the Silo's and later a zone restarted with already a few areas under allied control. :confused:
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Adding my Voice here to, i have EXACTLY the same Problem, Game is Crashing to the Desktop again AND again and always in the Outskirts and as far as i can Remember always Near the Transporter, this is so FRIGGIN ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So once again, Cryptic WE ARE WAITING FOR A PATCH, hopefully ASAP and not weeks later...................:mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    alasper111alasper111 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This happens to me as well, I thought it was just based on how long I was in there for. However I decided to afk at different points in the zone for 15-30 minutes and didn't crash unless I was in the outskirts, particularly near the transporter/dino area. Hopefully something is done soon.
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is happening to me tonight, first time I've come back to the Voth ground battlezone for some weeks now. Suffering crashes to desktop randomly, far as I can tell. I let it do a scan of the game files the first time it happened, which was when I was well into doing my dailies there, then got right back on only to crash a moment after, while attempting to continue.

Seeing that the Voth ground battlezone is one of the places to get good dilithium, and with all sorts of bonus dilithium time coming up, hoping this gets looked into real soon.

Edit: Going by what a few of the prior posts mentioned, I was, in fact, in the Outskirts when these crashes happened. Though seeing as one of my dailies require me to do stuff in the Outskirts, this is kind of a problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    3 crachez in 3 minutes. And what a surprise, when it wass boss time!!! The game lets you grind the whole map for minimum reward, and when you want to get the big dil, you get thrown out! Great work cryptic, pls TRIBBLE up the game before every dil event. Keep up the good work!!
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Okay i accidentally started this same thread in Foundry bugs. Yeah, yeah, double dumb*** on me.

Here is that thread in a nutshell:

ME=
    Myself and Zorbane have had trouble with the Voth Battlezone (ground) crashing.
    Couldn't fill in the ticket thing as it vanished too soon.

So i updated my driver, verified my files, rebooted, now i have same drivers as another player who has no problems. Yet if i try to play the ground Voth Battlezone it crashes every time to desktop.

So, yeah. There it is.

splasmiskt=

Does the same for me but only in the outskirtmap, so I play the other 2 maps.

Weird but it works for me.

bones1970=

I had that also yesterday (crash to desktop) on Outskirt map, after the 2nd time i just went and watched some tv, next time i will try just city and park.
  • Options
    johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can confirm it is the OUTSKIRTS section that crashes on me. Rest is fine.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Dear cryptic. If you dont want people to grind dilithium, then close down dyson ground battle zone. Or better, take away dilithium as reward. Or just shut down the sto servers. It looks like you guys want to kill the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ramos40k wrote: »
    Dear cryptic. If you dont want people to grind dilithium, then close down dyson ground battle zone. Or better, take away dilithium as reward. Or just shut down the sto servers. It looks like you guys want to kill the game.

Looks Like? Dude, they are Burning, Slashing, Ripping, Bombing, CHOCKING the Game to Death the best they can thats not just a looks like, Yesterday i Replayed the Mission Assimilation again for Kits and Mods....and was Shocked to see that i only got a BLUE Mk XI Kit and Mod Instead of the Purple Ones we normaly get, looked it up here in the Forums just to see that it is a Confirmed STEALTH /NINJA Nerf from Cryptic, so yea Cryptic Definately trys to MURDER their own Game, and unfortunately we cant do Nothing against it, if i had a Few Millions i would buy the Game FREE from PWE and afterwars Kick out the entire Cryptic Team and than entrust the Game to a COMPETENT Team that does not hate the Star Trek Franchise, does not hate Players, and does not have Dollar Signs in their Eyes...but unfortunately iam a "little" short with Money......:rolleyes:

Thats why i Send out a Fleet Mail and told my Fleeties that i will only be on here and there to check out things, but other than that STAY THE HELL AWAY from a Game that is ruined by its own Creators....i will still Folow the News to see whether or not Cryptic /PWE are Changing their Missguided Path to a better one, like Changing the latest Reward Nerfs back to what it was or Bumping other Mission that give Random Kit and Mods up to Purple instead of Blue (like the Delta Quadrant one) and not just with the First Play but every Replay and also Fixing Bloody Bugs that are around Forever....before those things change, i will Spend Most of my Time somewhere else...but yada yada yada Off Topic, sorry had to Release my Steam so totaly Pissed, anyway anyone who still can Enjoy the Game, have Fun.
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please everyone file a ticket with PWE. https://support.arcgames.com/
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    furrybeggerfurrybegger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm in the same situation. I can play with no crashes in the park ... the odd crash here and there in city but outskirts is unplayable. I've tried with all my over 50's with various different setups and no joy just cant play there.

hazey
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's been two weeks and still not even any acknowledgment from Cryptic's side. That's some serious quality management right there! :mad:
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please everyone file a ticket with PWE. https://support.arcgames.com/

Please read this and all the other threads about this subject, or don't reply at all.
  • Options
    fragtharfragthar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please read this and all the other threads about this subject, or don't reply at all.

Normally, using the support portal would be a good suggestion. You posted that reply in the 'Gameplay Bug Reports' section of this forum however while suggesting people do not reply at all.

Please take into consideration that the Arc site itself suffers from page redirect errors that effectively renders it useless in the most common web browsers. This is a known issue.
    As a workaround you can attempt to send an email about issues to customerservice@perfectworld.com, or... use this forum.
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Same here. Crashing once every 1-2 minutes, reinstalled the game (now doing it 2nd time). This dil event i was not able to do even one complete run of dyson. Tyvm cryptic, u just had to mess with dyson and break it.
    Ever since DR its like u guys want to kill your own game. Yes there are things that i like but at same time u manage to kill everything that works fine and players like and use ... example people like doing STF series everyday/broke, some people liked to do NWS/deleted. Yes new things are nice but please don't constantly kill what people like to do.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    szim wrote: »
    It's been two weeks and still not even any acknowledgment from Cryptic's side. That's some serious quality management right there! :mad:

Quality Management? STO has such thing as a Quality Management?????:confused: Where? Never saw that thing, must be hiding, or Sleeping somewhere...........
    Tyvm cryptic, u just had to mess with dyson and break it.
    Ever since DR its like u guys want to kill your own game. Yes there are things that i like but at same time u manage to kill everything that works fine and players like and use ... example people like doing STF series everyday/broke, some people liked to do NWS/deleted. Yes new things are nice but please don't constantly kill what people like to do.

And thats new?

STFs are Fun? NERF THEM Nerf the Dill Reward by Half, Nerf the End Purple Reward AWAY, Buff all Enemys Up like Crazy and add some Nice Laggs, Rubberbanding and DCs into all STFs YAY!!!

Dyson Ground Battlezone is Fun? NERF the Dill Reward, make it even Harder to get More Dill by Having to shoot a Million Times on a Rex for it to even count, add Boff Selection Screen EVERYTIME you use a Transporter to slow things down, Reduce the allowed Numbers of Players per Instance from 20 to 15 so things take even Longer, and add Bugs to the Place that Crashes the Game YAY!!!!!

Some Mission Rewards are really nice therefore worth Replaying? (Assimilation Mk XI Purple Kit and Mk XI Purple Mod) NERF IT, and turn those Rewards to TRIBBLE (Now Blue Mk XI Kit and Mod)
    And regarding the Mods and Kits......Blue Mk XIII Mods and Kits have Worse Stats than the Mk XI Purples? WHO THE HELL is adding those Numbers? And than they were Suprised that People were Farming the Hell out of Assimilation???
    (And than Nerfing those Purples to Blues!!!!!!!!! Without giving us another Source like another Mission!!!!)also we cant Craft or Upgrade our Existing Mods and Kits ULTRA WOOHOOOOO!!!!

Change Working Game Mechanics so that they DONT work and are totaly Bugged (Loudout System still Partially Bugged, Boff Powers Bugged since Resets to default Powers all the Time, Traits Jumping out and so on) YAYx10!!!!!

Talking about the Dill Event? Its nice to use that Event to Convert Marks and Elite Rep Marks (Injectors, Processors and so on) with the Bonus Dill Right? well.....NERF IT, so that the Bonus Dill dont count for those anymore and Ninja Edit the Dil Event Post to change "Apllies to all Dill Rewarding Events to All Except those 2" and when People get Angry come out with a Cheap Excuse "we are Sorry because Bla Bla Yada Yada Yada" YAY!!!!!!

Our Ship Pets are somewhat Usefull? GREAT Lets Nerf them! Less Hitpoints and less Damage Output! Esspecially Combined with the Now Stronger Enemy NPCs a AWESOME change! Its not like our Pets exploded like Flies allready before the change right?...wait...they did....anyway YAY!!!!!!!!!

The Stats of our Gear is Nice, but that makes some PVPers Cry? (Neutronic Torpedo for example) Lets Listen to those Few Percent and IGNORE THE WHOLE REST of the Community and Just NERF those Stats down so that the Poor PVPers are Happy again HORRAY!!!!!

We have Player who Prefer GROUND and Players who prefer SPACE, now for dill People who like Ground they have the Dyson Ground Battlezone BUGGED but still the Best Source, well for Players who Prefer Space...we also have the Undine Space Battlezone...but....Dill Rewards? ARE A BLOODY JOKE, cant even Scratch the Surface of what you get from the Dyson Battlezone, i am one of the Space Guys, and iam Punished for that and Forced to Farm my Dill in Ground.....hmm YAY?????

How about T6 Science Ships for KDF and ROMS? People are Asking for such Ships like FOREVER!!!! We have Intel Ships for all Careers for Feds SEVERAL of them, but not a SINGLE one for Roms or KDFs, cause there are Less People Playing on those Factions? Well Gues what, CAUSE YOU DONT GIVE THEM ALL THE SHINYS THAT FEDS GET!!!!!!
    What about a T6 Bird of Pray? THATS THE SHIP that Represents the Klingons, yet still NOTHING???? Instead we get a Million Cruisers over and over again!!!!!!!! HELL Just take Existing Fed Ships, Copy and Paste their Layout, come up with a Ship Romulan / KDF Ship Design, Smash the Layout on it and Add the Faction Specific whatever on it, like Battlecloak/Singularity Core with Powers for Roms and More Crew/Normal Cloak for KDFs CHEAP but atleast SOMETHING!!!

This List Could go on FOREVER, but those "Few"things i had in Mind ATM, and i dont want to write a whole Book here, Fact is: Cryptic is the BEST Developer EVER cause they LOVE their Playerbase AND the Game SO MUCH, thats why the Player LOVE THEM and the Game (but Seriously I LOVE the Game, but NOT what they do to the Game....sadly.....)

Another SAD Part? all my and your Comments...are a Waste of Time anyway,why? Cause they dont Give a TRIBBLE about what we think, unless 100K People SPAM them with Angry Mails / Bug Reports so they HAVE to Listen....but even than they will Try to come up with a compromise trying to Calm down People...cause they know what we want and what we dont want, better than we do.............:mad::mad:
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fragthar wrote: »
    Normally, using the support portal would be a good suggestion. You posted that reply in the 'Gameplay Bug Reports' section of this forum however while suggesting people do not reply at all.

Please take into consideration that the Arc site itself suffers from page redirect errors that effectively renders it useless in the most common web browsers. This is a known issue.
    As a workaround you can attempt to send an email about issues to customerservice@perfectworld.com, or... use this forum.

I keep reading counterproductive comments...
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Voth gound crashes the game to desk top after every 3 seconds of game play... It is consistent enough to force players to do the natural AFK till a boss comes around. Then you use the 3 seconds wisely and get a reward if lucky. (sarcasm intended but also honest)
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Worst part is that 99% of the time the crash reporter also crashes, which makes it kind of useless >.>
  • Options
    fragtharfragthar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    keihamkeiham Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Reading what fragthar said is not counterproductive, as they are pointing out a there is a problem system that requires fixing.

If they wanted to be counterproductive, they could have just not mentioned the problem at all.
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    cypherous wrote: »
    As per the title, since S10 i've had very little apart from constant crashes in this battlezone, needs fixing asap

I have some additional data regarding this bug. I can consistently reproduce this crash bug on my Human Female Engineer wearing the Dyson Uniform. This bug doesn't affect my Fed aligned Romulan Tactical female.

Please see attached Youtube Video which shows the STO client initialization with terminal console open revealing the exact error string when trying to reload the character after a client crash.

http://youtu.be/yc75OnhFh6k
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm crashing in the outskirts with whatever character I bring there, every time I go there. I'm also getting crash log messages, I hope they are put to use, for it is very annoying, especially when you crash right before the Rex goes down.
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    snipey47a wrote: »
    I have some additional data regarding this bug. I can consistently reproduce this crash bug on my Human Female Engineer wearing the Dyson Uniform. This bug doesn't affect my Fed aligned Romulan Tactical female.

Please see attached Youtube Video which shows the STO client initialization with terminal console open revealing the exact error string when trying to reload the character after a client crash.

http://youtu.be/yc75OnhFh6k

All of my characters are male aliens and i've used all 3 careers and experienced crashes and i dont have anything apart from the standard uniform pieces
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still not exactly sure what causes the crash but once I crashed I have to login several times on that character before it actually works. I usually crash 4-5 times in a row first.