test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post-processing messes up my screen and makes my ship transparent

psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I activated post-processing yesterday to improve the new star art, and when I logged in yesterday I came across two weird graphical issues.

In the main screen: http://oi58.tinypic.com/x6dlaa.jpg
In-game: http://oi60.tinypic.com/21dhe8n.jpg

Disabling post-processing fixes them both, but I'd like to be able to use it while playing.
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can we get some hardware details, as well as driver version and such?

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Macbook Pro, OSX, version 10.7.5.

Processor: 2.4GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am going to assume that you are running the native mac client and not a bootcamp or parallels setup. I am further going to assume that you are using Intel Iris Pro graphics (the lack of actual differentiating product numbers on Macbooks makes it tricky to determine specs from the info you posted)

There were apparently some changes in the graphics engine in the s10 update. Intel Iris Pro graphics, despite being some of the best integrated GPUs in history, are feature incomplete, as are the drivers. My guess is that whatever DX11 functions they are calling for whatever new stuff they added just isn't properly being interpreted when post processing is enabled.

TL;DR, Bug report to Cryptic, and bug report to Intel, one of those two parties probably need to do some quick and dirty patching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.