test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy Dreadnought Redesign

randal4104randal4104 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
This is a semi-important post I must make.

I love the Galaxy Class Starship, it is easily one of my favorite designs of the ship in the franchise and I personally LOVE the redesign of the ship in the game to make it look more like the the original filming model, I really do; I never seen such a beauty like it before to be honest, such a thing that made me go nuts.

But from a gameplay standpoint, I know that the Galaxy Dreadnought is a numerically and statistical advancement over the actual Galaxy Class (disregarding the recent Tier 6 Upgrade.)

But here is the thing I had no idea of until I noticed it, when the change was implemented into the game and it applied to every Exploration Cruiser in the game, it however failed to upgrade or update the look of the Galaxy Dreadnought!

As a player who prefers to use the Dreadnought Galaxy (mostly for Fighter Support and the easier turn rate as well as the cloaking capability, note I haven't bought the Tier 6 Exploration Cruiser, so I wouldn't know how much an upgrade it is in comparison), as well as someone who is serious about consistency and continuity I feel that this is a bit.... odd, I don't think it is something that should be ignored.

I would essentially like to request an update to the current Galaxy Dreadnought Model and to make it more streamlined for the design of the rest of the other ships as I'd expect from other ships.

I can only hope this request can be made to the development team. :)
Post edited by randal4104 on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,477 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    The current Galaxy-X model is based on the old Galaxy model. However I believe it is counted as a seperate model entirely, hence why the Gal-X wasn't updated alongside the Galaxy. They would have to make a brand new model just like they did with the Galaxy. It it had used the same model, it would look rather ugly being a mix of new model and old, complete with old and new textures and still slightly off center Phaser Lance.

While I don't believe it was ignored, I do believe it was not on the agenda at the time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    randal4104 wrote: »
    This is a semi-important post I must make.

I love the Galaxy Class Starship, it is easily one of my favorite designs of the ship in the franchise and I personally LOVE the redesign of the ship in the game to make it look more like the the original filming model, I really do; I never seen such a beauty like it before to be honest, such a thing that made me go nuts.

But from a gameplay standpoint, I know that the Galaxy Dreadnought is a numerically and statistical advancement over the actual Galaxy Class (disregarding the recent Tier 6 Upgrade.)

But here is the thing I had no idea of until I noticed it, when the change was implemented into the game and it applied to every Exploration Cruiser in the game, it however failed to upgrade or update the look of the Galaxy Dreadnought!

As a player who prefers to use the Dreadnought Galaxy (mostly for Fighter Support and the easier turn rate as well as the cloaking capability, note I haven't bought the Tier 6 Exploration Cruiser, so I wouldn't know how much an upgrade it is in comparison), as well as someone who is serious about consistency and continuity I feel that this is a bit.... odd, I don't think it is something that should be ignored.

I would essentially like to request an update to the current Galaxy Dreadnought Model and to make it more streamlined for the design of the rest of the other ships as I'd expect from other ships.

I can only hope this request can be made to the development team. :)

You will have to wait for a t6 dreadnought, i am afraid.

btw: Cryptic said the dreadnought would not get the model upgrade along with the galaxy.
  • randal4104randal4104 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The current Galaxy-X model is based on the old Galaxy model. However I believe it is counted as a seperate model entirely, hence why the Gal-X wasn't updated alongside the Galaxy. They would have to make a brand new model just like they did with the Galaxy. It it had used the same model, it would look rather ugly being a mix of new model and old, complete with old and new textures and still slightly off center Phaser Lance.

While I don't believe it was ignored, I do believe it was not on the agenda at the time.

Yeah maybe ignored wasn't the best choice of words but I get that it wasn't updated immediately, but I personally would not mind taking some of the assets of the old Model and putting them on the new one to be completely honest, anything to at least get more accurate shape really.

Something of which should not be too hard, giving benefit of the doubt; the old models weren't HIGHLY inaccurate, granted there were some problems (some of them minor, others were major), but they got the job done and it was nice to see the revamps happen.

But putting some of the Old Asthetics should not take too much time or effort in most regards with my somewhat decent knowledge in 3D modeling (took it up for 2 years in high school).

And I was under the impression that the photon bay behind the bridge (I'm guessing that's what it is) was what was off-center in the current Gal-X. :confused:
    edited April 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    You will have to wait for a t6 dreadnought, i am afraid.

btw: Cryptic said the dreadnought would not get the model upgrade along with the galaxy.

Did they ever confirm that they'll release a T6 Dreadnought at the very least?
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You missed my recent thread concerning the same issue. Let us join forces.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1417451
    Greenbird
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As much as I dislike the juvenile hotrod...i mean, galaxy dreadnought, it's almost certainly going to make to T6. The only question is how long til they get it scheduled and then released. Maybe the new variant will skip the 3rd nacelle and tiny wings/fins for some other indicator of 'tacked-on' parts.
    edited April 2015
    You missed my recent thread concerning the same issue. Let us join forces.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1417451

You have my support.
  • ian8519ian8519 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tier 6 Sovereign Dreadnought anybody?
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If they go with their current theme a Tier 6 Dreadnought will probably be based on the Andromeda that they recently released, with an update to the Galaxy version as an afterthought. That said, considering all of the redesigns and releases and how this ship keeps getting passed over every single time, I've pretty much given up hope that they will ever fix the model, let alone update and revise the graphics.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • ian8519ian8519 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    maxvitor wrote: »
    If they go with their current theme a Tier 6 Dreadnought will probably be based on the Andromeda that they recently released, with an update to the Galaxy version as an afterthought. That said, considering all of the redesigns and releases and how this ship keeps getting passed over every single time, I've pretty much given up hope that they will ever fix the model, let alone update and revise the graphics.

Star Trek Online! Making players give up hope of seeing the thing they want added to or improved upon since February 2010!