test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Crashes at Load Screen. Fatal Error

plasticwidowplasticwidow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Both ARC and STO updated without problems, I pressed engage and watched the loading line at bottom of STO screen load, then the splash screen came up with Iconian icon, after a few moments this message came up:

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DSGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.
Technical Details: Sync query 8 0x37173c0 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 0 D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006.

I restarted, rebooted, then brought up STO again, let it verify all files. Everything went smooth. I hit Engage, everything went fine, then the splash screen came up again and the game closed, like before, and same error message came up again. I do not even get to the character screen.

I am running Windows 8.1
Post edited by plasticwidow on

Comments

• Options
    ajlagaranajlagaran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Many other people are having the same issue.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1435711
  • Options
    ccollinsonccollinson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had a similar problem with arc. At First when I would click on the launcher it wouldn't do anything but minimize arc . When I went into the folders and pulled up the launcher it crashed instantly after hitting play. Eventually I got it to work by loading it on steam. Arc had an update and it looked like it would work because it could then pull up the launcher, however it still crashed after pressing play and then it spread to neverwinter and that wouldn't work. Uninstalling and reinstalling wouldn't solve anything. At this point it also broke sto on steam and that didn't start working until I uninstalled arc.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Had this same issue, loaded into STO in safe mode and it worked fine - possibly related to something that has changed in video settings (or been turned on by default that should not be)...

Only catch, I had to reconfigure all my settings but I could at least play after doing so...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    hillyfarhillyfar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    def something they changed about two days ago. but now it is even worse as first post i can get past the star t online screen now.