test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Listed items not showing on the Exchange

lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Items that I list for sale on the exchange are not showing up. I do get the message that my items were successfully listed and the show up in my sale tab. However, they do not show up for sale if I search for them.

Example: I listed several Fleet Ship Modules for 15m each. They showed up fine in my sale tab. After I checked back I saw that the cheapest ones were now going for 16m. Mine had still not sold. So these are not showing up at all.

I tested this on all my characters. Nothing I post on any of them shows up on the exchange. Everything shows up fine in my sale tab on all of them.

Successfully submitted ticket ID #3,389,005.
JWZrsUV.jpg
Mine Trap Supporter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Tried this again after the patch. Was hoping that maybe it was some random glitch and that it might have cleared up after the patch. No such luck. I took a few pics to show what I mean.

My listed module that shows up fine in my sell tab:
    http://i.imgur.com/aZhNEcD.jpg

But when I search for it, it doesn't show up:
    http://i.imgur.com/YM0eGvX.jpg

It should be between the 13m and the 14.98m but it isn't. I am also refreshing the search after listing it and not just looking at the old price page. I've always done this and always had my items properly listed on the refreshed page.

I went and tested it again with all sorts of other random items I had on my other characters. Hypos, tribble carcasses, random loot drops I had, etc. Nothing is showing up at all on any of them.

Obviously the exchange is working as I see people list new stuff. I also don't see anyone else having this problem anywhere. I don't know why it's just me having this suddenly. It's not necessarily a game breaking issue, but it's absolutely a bank breaking issue. Does anyone out there have any ideas at all?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    killergillkillergill Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Try changing the rank in the search field from “Any Rank”, to “Lieutenant”. For some reason when posting items they only show up for some under the Lieutenant rank.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    killergill wrote: »
    Try changing the rank in the search field from “Any Rank”, to “Lieutenant”. For some reason when posting items they only show up for some under the Lieutenant rank.

OMG thank you. That was it. I've never had that happen before, how strange.

It gives me 2 separate lists. The one in the Any Rank gives me 134 item listed, but Lieutenant gives me 286 listed.

I'm ready to throw this exchange out the window lol. Thanks again.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    khenaliankhenalian Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Keep in mind - you also should be doing this when searching for items to buy. This bug happens for many people, and you'll often find unranked items selling for much lower when the filter is set to Lieutenant than it is when it is set to "Any Rank".

I reported this and Cryptic acknowledged the issue, but said there was no ETA on a fix (which likely means it will never get done). I really wish they'd put this on the Known Issues list, but it makes the game look less like its horribly broken if the "Known Issues" list is kept small, even though there are many others that have been acknowledged. :-/
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    killergill wrote: »

This didn't work for me. Other items I placed on the exchange tonight sold almost right away, before I finished posting them,... but the FSM's I put up,... seem to not want to show at all.

I tried every option under sort, rank and quality,... took a good 30 minutes to try all combos and re-search,... even the item count isn't changing from when I pull mine down, and then put them back up again.

This is very frustrating.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I also recently decided to file another report about this bug.

Holodeck ticket #3,411,570: Exchange does not show all items in "All" Category

The bug is very old and has been brought up several times before.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    khenaliankhenalian Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A dev replied to my issue (which was the same as this) previously and said that they are aware that it is an issue and that there is no ETA on a fix - which basically means that it's a backburner item and that we shouldn't expect them to ever address it.

It makes the Exchange practically unusable at times - not good for a healthy game economy, but they don't seem to care or have the resources to address it. Not the answer I know you were hoping for, but there it is.