test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sector Space Revamp Bug Thread

Comments

• leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can you please check Tuffli\Cell\Excelsior trans-warps. All of them lost number of destinations.
    All "Exploration" clusters missing on Tuffli\Cell .
    Excelsior missing :
    Alpha Centauri Sector Block
    Sirius Sector Block
    Regulus Sector Block
    Pi Canis Sector Block
    Psi Velorum Sector Block
    Iota Pavonis Sector Block
    Eta Eridani Sector Block
    Beta Ursae Sector Block
    Alpha Trianguli Sector Block
    Tau Dewa Sector Block

Thank you.
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll start by saying i like the sector space revamp visually, its awesome, but i totally don't like how this seemingly time-gated sector space traveling heavily.

- Transwarps within the same quadrant seem to generally not work.

Sitting outside sol atm, all mission transwarp buttons within beta quadrant seem to show "travel", looked at drozana missions, romulan missions.. so even ones on the other side of the quadrant are "travel" now. I seriously hope thats either a bug or just for the first few days so people get to enjoy the new sector space... cause thats quite the timegate there.. and time gates suck, the whole game is already a gigantic timegate no need to add more of em!

- The transwarp to tau dewa seems to be missing in the transwarp menu, its still beeing mentioned in the romulan reputation as unlock on tier 1. I also hope this is a bug.. i want that back!

- cell ship transwarps to nebulas are missing. Its like one of the selling points of that ship.

- Pricetags on transwarps seem to have increased dramatically too.. i liked that low level missions were cheap to transwarp to. 20k now to transwarp to drozana from alpha quadrant. You guys really know how to make people not want to use the transwarp button anymore.

tl;dr version, new sector space is visually stunning, the changes to transwarps are total bs.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mikiiy wrote: »
    I'll start by saying i like the sector space revamp visually, its awesome, but i totally don't like how this seemingly time-gated sector space traveling heavily.

- Transwarps within the same quadrant seem to generally not work.

Sitting outside sol atm, all mission transwarp buttons within beta quadrant seem to show "travel", looked at drozana missions, romulan missions.. so even ones on the other side of the quadrant are "travel" now. I seriously hope thats either a bug or just for the first few days so people get to enjoy the new sector space... cause thats quite the timegate there.. and time gates suck, the whole game is already a gigantic timegate no need to add more of em!

When pressing the travel-icon, you will get a prompt wether you want to travel or transwarp to the location.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    * All of the star systems I've encountered thus far seems to be sitting right on the "floor" of Sector Space. It looks really bad and immersion-breaking when I pitch down and have barely flown 1LY before my ship starts scraping the bottom, and it makes all the open space above them feel wasted--as well as making the systems barely visible if you're near the top of the space. It would be so much cooler if all the systems were at different points on the Z-axis, but if that's not feasible for technical reasons, please at least move them to the middle of the Z-axis so that they're equally visible from the top and bottom of the sector, and players can fly both above and under them without immediately running into a blatant, immersion-breaking invisible wall.

Systems are at different levels on the Z axis. They range from about 100' off the floor, to 300' off the floor. Spreading them out further just made it more of a pain to get to them, since you'd have to do corkscrews to climb up or down to higher/lower systems that were nearby. They also do need to be relatively near the "floor" so that you can see the astrometrics grid even from the highest systems. That grid is not some real barrier in space, but simply a representation of the distances.

krilldarn wrote: »
    Planets are showing as light years from their parent starts not AU's

Unfortunately this is just the way it is. We have no way of changing units on you once you're within the bounds of a system, so everything is measured in LY. In addition, due to scaling up systems, the LY represented are meant to be those from system to system, and not from a planet to it's star. We know those are off, but again, can't really do anything to change that.

Also, auto travel doesn't bring your ship close enough to target to automatically bring up the F option to enter the system.

Auto-Pilot will only bring you to the system, you will still need to manually navigate to the planet.

guljarol wrote: »
    The autopilot brought me very close to a star, and after the mission I was deposited back half inside the star, and unable to leave. Stuck completely, as if I couldn't escape the star's gravity (maybe it was intended ;)).

I had to transwarp to another location to be able to escape.

Which system was this?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Breen and Deferi patrols are missing from sector space for the "Aid the Deferi" daily mission.

Same problem here.
    Additionally to other problems with the Deferi Dailies i have created a thread in the Gameplay Bug Reports section for it.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Systems are at different levels on the Z axis. They range from about 100' off the floor, to 300' off the floor. Spreading them out further just made it more of a pain to get to them, since you'd have to do corkscrews to climb up or down to higher/lower systems that were nearby. They also do need to be relatively near the "floor" so that you can see the astrometrics grid even from the highest systems. That grid is not some real barrier in space, but simply a representation of the distances.
    Thanks, after posting this I did notice what seemed like some very minor differences in "altitude"--if 100' is equivalent to 1LY in the game, then the range you quoted does seem to match my observations.

That said, while I understand the point you're making, the grid seemed to be a pretty real barrier when my ship flew into it within (literally) a second of hitting the throttle, and started flying horizontally while pitched down. :/ It looks really bad, and considering that Sol is right by the floor, it's something new pilots are going to run into all the time.

I get that invisible walls are going to happen eventually no matter what, since the room has a fixed playable area like any other, but it really feels like this happens far too quickly at 100' distance, especially with the increased travel speed. Perhaps having them range from 200' to 400' or even 300' to 500' to give the systems a little more breathing room below them without expanding the maximum vertical gap?

I appreciate the need to see the astrometrics grid, for people who enjoy that, but perhaps if you can't see it from the middle of the Z-axis in a sector, the falloff range for that visual could be adjusted? I would think it ought to be visible from the "center" of any given sector.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Two threads about the "Defense Contract" Mission here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1436861

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1435931

The gist:
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Submitted on Holodeck as ticket #3,389,081

The missions "Defense Contract" and "Sh'mar - Distress Signal" are missing. The mission "Defense Contract" used to be available at the Alhena System, and the Sh'mar was located near the Zibal System. See the following screenshots from before the sector space revamp in Season 10.

Defense Contract
    http://i.imgur.com/WKFp9P0.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/fFrjB3B.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Vf2cApG.jpg

Sh'mar - Distress Signal
    http://i.imgur.com/zuLbfHq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/RAjcWdt.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/dEkY9W5.jpg

Steps to reproduce

1. Fly to the Alhena System.
    2. Look for the prompt to begin the mission "Defense Contract". It should say "Incoming Distress Call". The prompt is nowhere to be found.
    3. Fly to the Zibal System. Fly around and look for the Sh'mar. The Sh'mar is no longer near the Zibal System.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Tour the Galaxy" was completely broken for me, flying a Kobali cruiser on my Fed main with the Kobali warp core in the Alpha quadrant. The only "target zone" that dropped was the one where I started the mission, no amount of manoevering in subsequent target zones would cause them to drop, even as I was sure to pass directly over the center of the target.

Perhaps it would be helpful to have a 3D target "sphere" in quadrant space, if the Z-axis is a factor in dropping the targets. I initially had the astrometrics turned off, but soon found myself flying at some distance from any of the celestial objects that populate that area of space. When I restored astrometrics, I found myself some distance from the galactic plane, which might have contributed to missing the targets.

Some space targets ignore the Z-axis, like the Romulan orbital radiation scan mission from the Officer of the Watch at the Embassy there. I see no reason that the Tour targets should be any different... :confused:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • sicnathronsicnathron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kory453 wrote: »
    Unable to start Fluid Dynamics mission on KDF characters including KDF rom characters.

Am able to confirm this bug won't let me enter the Kuda system to start the mission.
  • sanmillssanmills Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sicnathron wrote: »
    Am able to confirm this bug won't let me enter the Kuda system to start the mission.
    Yep I am having the same problem .. Transwarp also takes you somewhere near the hotep System .. but nothing there either?
  • keihamkeiham Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Romulan mission "Tradecraft" auto-navigate has you fly in a circle and stop outside Drozana station instead of taking you to the Azha system in the Beta Quadrant to meet Charva.

Also using the transwarp option takes the credits and places you in the same position where you initiated the transwarp.
  • gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you change the camera angle to anywhere except directly behind your ship or very slightly to either side in Sector Space, your ship disappears completely.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    keiham wrote: »
    Romulan mission "Tradecraft" auto-navigate has you fly in a circle and stop outside Drozana station instead of taking you to the Azha system in the Beta Quadrant to meet Charva.

Also using the transwarp option takes the credits and places you in the same position where you initiated the transwarp.

It did that before, since your first way is to drozana, where you speak with the Romulan Intelligence Woman.
  • pratyekapratyeka Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kory453 wrote: »
    Unable to start Fluid Dynamics mission on KDF characters including KDF rom characters.

Can confirm. I'm stuck too. I want my DR goodies.
    Come join me @ unrepentantgaming.com . Tier 5 fleets for KDF and Fed.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    It did that before, since your first way is to drozana, where you speak with the Romulan Intelligence Woman.

Even after you do that it's still making you orbit around Drozana.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Even after you do that it's still making you orbit around Drozana.
    Auto travel has never worked for anything other than the initial mission start point.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »

Unfortunately this is just the way it is. We have no way of changing units on you once you're within the bounds of a system, so everything is measured in LY. In addition, due to scaling up systems, the LY represented are meant to be those from system to system, and not from a planet to it's star. We know those are off, but again, can't really do anything to change that.

?

Thanks for the reply.... makes it a bit more understandable..

On the same thread you asked What system in relation to Guljarol's post about being half in a star. I too have had this happen to me at Carraya and have had a fleet mate experience it at Acamar and Japori
    edited April 2015
    krilldarn wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.... makes it a bit more understandable..

On the same thread you asked What system in relation to Guljarol's post about being half in a star. I too have had this happen to me at Carraya and have had a fleet mate experience it at Acamar and Japori
    I had a similar experience today when I finished that mission where you save the Horta from the Tal Shiar. when I got done my ship was touching the star. Not STUCK, but....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These aren't all bugs, per se, but things that are missing or weird none the less:

Trade ships, like the Mudd, Ferengi, and other traders that used to ply the space lanes are missing. While they aren't absolutely necessary, they did fill a nice role when you, the player, are far away from regular vendors and need to sell gear between missions for better-than-replicator prices. This is even more important now with Sector Space becoming wide open and it being easier to be out in the middle of nowhere away from hubs for a bit.

The freighters that used to sell the commodities that fleets require were also useful in that they were slightly cheaper than buying from the replicator or hunting down specific NPCs at various hubs for certain commodities.

This might be a good time too to upgrade what Mudd and the Ferengi trade ships sell, perhaps give them slightly more interesting gear, or alternate what they sell every so often.

Deep Space K-7 should probably instead be replaced with the system Sherman's Planet is in, as STO lore has had K-7 moved to its orbit, as evidenced by when you enter the "system." I personally like how it was handled with Starbase 39 at Sierra, with the system having a small station in orbit as seen in Sector Space, so I feel it would be consistant and neat to see the same for K-7, and by extension Ganalda, which has a system but no visible station in Sector Space.

The Romulan Flotilla is kind of hard to find even with the marker, since Sector Space is so dark (which I like, by the way), and the ships aren't illuminated enough to show their position, as well as with them being so spread apart. This is a problem in that, when you autopilot to this destination, you still stop far enough away from it that finding the center of it yourself can be a little difficult. I feel this might be better if they were more bunched up together so you could see the mass of them as opposed to how it is currently.

While slipstreaming across space in a variety of ships, I notice if you're zoomed in all the way, the ships go invisible while in slipstream at different angles. This varies depending on the ship, it seems. Like when using the Exeter (the c-store tier 2 cruiser), it'll do this from the front and the T6 Phantom Intel ship does this along the sides.

I prefer having the camera very close up to the ship, both in Sector Space and elsewhere, as I loved extreme close-ups of ships in the series/films, so having the ship go invisible puts a damper on that. Otherwise, out of slipstream, this isn't a problem.
  • phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The auto-travel often doesn't stop your ship within interaction range of your target. It makes doing colony chains a bit irritating.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still no fix or even acknowledgement of Tour The Galaxy being broken...Cryptic is living up to my sig statement! :(
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Borg Battlefield patrol, both by itself and as part of the "Friends in Unlikely Places" mission, has "Patrol The Battlefield" or "Start: Patrol The Battlefield" prompts extending almost as far out as the Jenolan Sphere. As most other missions that require you to approach systems only show the prompt as you're near the location of the mission, this seems pretty far out.
    edited April 2015
    Hmm,... Bajor sector is apparently being treated as part of BREEN space for doffing purposes. I just picked up and assignment to examine ruins in Raveh.... while just outside Bajor.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Too much to read through, but:

• Betreka Nebula isn't offering any assignments
    • When 'traveling to nebula' you still have to manually fly that last little bit before you get the interaction menu - could do with a further field of interaction with said object(s)
    • Doff system appears to be a mess :(
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not quite sure if this should be posted here...

Warp out animation from any location shows Sci/Tac Oddy with light green warp trails. I have AMACO engines which I've made sure the visuals are turned off. I haven't tried with any other ship yet.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Autopilot doesn't take you within interaction range of most systems.
    2. The interaction trigger areas on some systems are off-center and not wide enough to include the star, making it appear as if the system can't be interacted with at all unless the player approaches from the correct direction.
    3. Various transwarp prompts (Borg alerts, mission transwarp) don't tell the player where its going to take them.
    4. Mission transwarp's cost increases massively if used from a system or ground map, as opposed to sector space.
    5. If you have auto-pilot on when you take a transwarp to a Borg alert, the autopilot isn't stopped and will immediately move you away from the Borg alert again. (IMO, the old system where the alert prompt put you directly into the mission instance was better anyway)
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got stuck on the geometry of the Nukara star after beaming up from the Nukara Prime adventure zone, reported in-game with bug number 3398297. Was able to resolve being stuck by using a Transwarp power, admittedly didn't try the "stuck" command since I had to go to Sol anyway.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • slayerninja13slayerninja13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When is the Kuda system going to get a fix so that my Klingon can run fluid dynamics?? I mean its only effecting Klingon side characters i don't get it.
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game is unplayable since s10, everything lags, really everything. Single player, multiplayer doesn't matter, it's all unplayable.
  • dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some of the remnants of the old deepspace encounters seem to pop up without actually being accessible.

Also in the new deepspace encounters:

Have had issues with the camera losing it's mind. ( Only seems to happen when other players enter the fight. Alone, not an issue. )

The time to travel from one DSE to another is a little long even when using the assimilated engine and slipstream. Perhaps adding a couple of minutes to the timer would give more people a chance to participate. Or adding a red alert type option.