test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xindi-Terrestrial Duty Officer Infodump

borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
A total of eighteen new Duty Officers are included in the Xindi-Terrestrial Lock Box! (9 Fed, 9 Kdf)

Each of these officers has a new Active Roster Ability (described below). While they do not have R&D Specializations, like the previous Xindi Doffs did, these officers are instead Ultra-Rare quality, which will enhance their impact on rewards and outcomes when used for Doff Assignments.

They also all come with a total of five traits, including Resolve.

-- ADVISOR --
Active Roster Ability:
(Space) Grants a chance to reduce the cooldown on Bridge Officer and Captain hull heal powers by 5 seconds, when activating any shield heal.

* 25% chance: Reduce cooldown on Hull Heal powers by -5 sec

Traits: Congenial, Cunning, Resolve, Teamwork, Unscrupulous

Faction: Fed
Name: Celijo Settra
Species: Arboreal

Faction: Kdf
Name: Kilal Trennit

-- ARMORY OFFICER --
Active Roster Ability:
(Ground) Whenever you summon a Turret or a Drone there is a chance that the remaining cooldown on all other Turret and Drone abilities will be reduced.

* 25% Chance: Reduce cooldown on Turret and Drone powers by -10sec

Traits: Aggressive, Logical, Resolve, Teamwork, Unruly

Name: Zi'lizch'thik
Species: Insectoid

Name: K'chik'lak

-- BIOCHEMIST --
Active Roster Ability:
(Space) When activating any damaging non-weapon Bridge Officer ability, there is a chance that your outgoing threat will be reduced dramatically for a short amount of time.

* 10% chance: -50% Threat Generation for 10 sec

Traits: Aggressive, Eidetic Memory, Logical, Resolve, Unruly

Name: Ch'zilti'la

Name: Kil'thik'zi

-- BIOLOGIST --
Active Roster Ability:
(Space) When activating any damaging non-weapon Bridge Officer ability, there is a chance to gain an Accuracy boost for a short amount of time.

* 10% chance: +25% Accuracy for 10 sec

Traits: Efficient, Honorable, Peaceful, Resolve, Unscrupulous

Name: Enarchi
Species: Primate

Name: Chusra

-- DIAGNOSTIC ENGINEER --
Active Roster Ability:
(Space) When activating any hull healing ability, you have a chance to have your ship's Auxiliary power boosted, which in turn improves the effectiveness of many abilities while also improving your perception and hangar recharge rate.

* 10% chance: +25 Auxiliary Power for 10 sec

Traits: Eidetic Memory, Logical, Resolve, Teamwork, Unruly

Name: Ikzi'chik

Name: Tik'chiki'zi

-- DIPLOMAT --
Active Roster Ability:
(Space) Adds a chance to instantly restore a portion of your maximum hull capacity each time you activate Feedback Pulse or Reverse Shield Polarity.

* 20% chance: Restore 2% of Max Hull when activating Feedback Pulse or Reverse Shield Polarity

Traits: Efficient, Emotional, Honorable, Peaceful, Resolve

Name: Hurra

Name: Allina

-- DOCTOR --
Active Roster Ability:
(Ground) Any time you activate a Science Kit healing power you have a chance of reducing any remaining cooldowns on all other Science Kit healing powers.

Medical Tricorder, Triage, Hypospray: Dylovene, Nanite Health Monitor and Vascular Regenerator

* 20% chance: Reduce cooldown on Science Kit healing powers by -5 sec

Traits: Efficient, Emotional, Honorable, Resolve, Unscrupulous

Name: Logra

Name: Naara

-- EXPLOSIVES EXPERT --
Active Roster Ability:
(Ground) Each time you fire on a foe with an Exploit Attack, you have a chance to cause a small radiation explosion at the target to deal extra damage to them and any other nearby foes.

* 10% chance: Moderate Radiation damage in a 5m radius at target's location (damage split among affected foes, up to 5 max)

Traits: Congenial, Resolve, Stubborn, Teamwork, Unscrupulous

Name: Ruul Tarr

Name: Tuula Sajita

-- PROJECTILE WEAPONS OFFICER --
Active Roster Ability:
(Space) Each time a torpedo weapon is activated, you have a chance to apply a boost to torpedo damage for 15 seconds. This boost may stack up to 3 times.

* 20% chance: +5% Kinetic Damage Bonus with Torpedoes for 15 sec (stacks 3 times)

Traits: Congenial, Cunning, Resolve, Stubborn, Teamwork

Name: Sartis Krett

Name: Kelti Aruu
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
"Play smart!"
Post edited by borticuscryptic on

Comments

• bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the info, Borticus!

Active Roster Ability:
    (Space) When activating any hull healing ability, you have a chance to have your ship's Auxiliary power boosted, which in turn improves the effectiveness of many abilities while also improving your perception and hangar recharge rate.

Want!!!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Meh, no interest in DOFFs that give me a "chance" to do something, especially when that chance is 20% or less. I'd much rather use DOFFs that are guaranteed to do something for me each and every time a condition is met.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wish we got Romulan specific DOFFs from lockboxes...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing OP (at first glance at least) for a change, good to see.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Lol, they created a FPB build doff since many of them use FBP+RSP.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, they created a FPB build doff since many of them use FBP+RSP.

but its only 2% restoration

not enough to save anybody
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you!

The ground doffs are pretty nice(Doctor will definitely help EG-Induction Field combing), as is the new Projectile doff(I will be looking into getting one for my Armitage). While there's nothing.. mold-breaking.. here, they all look pretty solid and otherwise useful for just doffing at the very least.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the dump, Bort.
    -- ARMORY OFFICER --
    Active Roster Ability:
    (Ground) Whenever you summon a Turret or a Drone there is a chance that the remaining cooldown on all other Turret and Drone abilities will be reduced.

-- DOCTOR --
    Active Roster Ability:
    (Ground) Any time you activate a Science Kit healing power you have a chance of reducing any remaining cooldowns on all other Science Kit healing powers.

Medical Tricorder, Triage, Hypospray: Dylovene, Nanite Health Monitor and Vascular Regenerator

-- EXPLOSIVES EXPERT --
    Active Roster Ability:
    (Ground) Each time you fire on a foe with an Exploit Attack, you have a chance to cause a small radiation explosion at the target to deal extra damage to them and any other nearby foes.

* 10% chance: Moderate Radiation damage in a 5m radius at target's location (damage split among affected foes, up to 5 max)

For these Ground abilities, are BOffs counted? In other words, if my BOff Engineer summons a turret or my BOff Sci uses Medical Tricorder, will my Eng/Sci captains' kit cooldowns be reduced? What about my Tac captain? Will his BOff's abilities get CD reduction?

And then for the Explosive Expert, how does that work with BOffs, if at all?

Or in all these cases is the "You" only the Captain? So the Armory Officer and Doctor have no use on anything but an Eng and Sci, respectively?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great doffs might get some of them one day but gotta see how season 10 pans out before getting involved in the game again.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That projectile weapons officer sounds nice, but it'll be tough giving up a cooldown reduction slot for them. I'm not sure if the damage increase will make up for torps firing less often.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A Biochemist with Eidetic and Logical? Yes please.

OTOH, that Explosives Expert is useless with Stubborn; it's a Disaster trait for Defuse Mine Field and Dilithium Mining, which are the two core assignments for which that specialization is essential.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015

It does kind of read like...eh?
    Adds a chance to instantly restore a portion of your maximum hull capacity each time you activate Feedback Pulse or Reverse Shield Polarity.

* 20% chance: Restore 2% of Max Hull when activating Feedback Pulse or Reverse Shield Polarity

There's got to be something wrong with the wording.

20% chance for a 2% heal when activating the ability?

Somebody with 60k hull...20% chance for a 1200 heal every how many seconds one can activate the ability? Even if one were to take into account damage resistance and viewing it as an effective addition back to hull health...hrmmm.
    edited April 2015

That either has to be a typo or the most useless doff ever.
    edited April 2015
    these officers are instead Ultra-Rare quality, which will enhance their impact on rewards and outcomes when used for Doff Assignments.

The EMH doff was only the beginning. I change my opinion on these, they are very valuable for doffing purposes. I went straight to the abilities and completely missed this aspect of them.

40%+ crit chance anyone?
    (Space) Grants a chance to reduce the cooldown on Bridge Officer and Captain hull heal powers by 5 seconds, when activating any shield heal.

* 25% chance: Reduce cooldown on Hull Heal powers by -5 sec

At this point, the heal cooldown reductions have to add up to more than 50% when you combine everything.
    -- ARMORY OFFICER --
    Active Roster Ability:

Awesome engineer ground doff. Very nice.
    Active Roster Ability:

* 10% chance: +25 Auxiliary Power for 10 sec

Lol, I'd say this is a bad idea, but Aux2bat builds would have to sacrifice in other areas in order to slot these.
    -- DOCTOR --
    Active Roster Ability:

-- EXPLOSIVES EXPERT --
    Active Roster Ability:

Doctor doff - I'd love the equivalent for offensive abilities

Explosives expert - Very nice
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    -- DIPLOMAT --
    Active Roster Ability:
    (Space) Adds a chance to instantly restore a portion of your maximum hull capacity each time you activate Feedback Pulse or Reverse Shield Polarity.

That's the only one that could be interesting, but 2% ? And a proc, not even guaranteed ? No thanks.
    At this point, the heal cooldown reductions have to add up to more than 50% when you combine everything.
    Quite frankly, the space cooldown doesn't mean anything anymore. An a2b build will bring them to base CD. And if you don't play that, then reciprocity and various buffs, doffs, traits and whatnot will do the same anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Quite frankly, the space cooldown doesn't mean anything anymore. An a2b build will bring them to base CD. And if you don't play that, then reciprocity and various buffs, doffs, traits and whatnot will do the same anyway.

A2B and heal boat don't mix up well unless you plan on somehow boosting Aux power after you drain it with aux2bat (Even if the aux drain from it is buggy as all hell)
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone better at builds and math than me let me know if that diagnostic engineer is helpful for synergy with the positive feedback loop trait, or the 10% is too low a chance for it to really matter?

Granted, most ships that could benefit would be at or near 125 aux anyway...
    edited April 2015
    Can someone better at builds and math than me let me know if that diagnostic engineer is helpful for synergy with the positive feedback loop trait, or the 10% is too low a chance for it to really matter?

Granted, most ships that could benefit would be at or near 125 aux anyway...

That depends, if you run your Aux power at or very near 125 to 135 (Depends on warp core) then it's not worth it (Unless the +25 can surpass the max power level which I doubt).

Like you said, most ships that use heals and exotic damage already run with Aux maxed. This would benefit engineers more IMO.
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    -- DOCTOR --
    Active Roster Ability:

Can i slot 3 of them, or only 1?
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Meh, no interest in DOFFs that give me a "chance" to do something, especially when that chance is 20% or less. I'd much rather use DOFFs that are guaranteed to do something for me each and every time a condition is met.

Agreed, "chance" boff aren't the least bit interesting, not unless the chance is at least 75%.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zenn3k wrote: »
    Agreed, "chance" boff aren't the least bit interesting, not unless the chance is at least 75%.
    Well, I'd say that also depends on how often those dice get rolled. Something that, say, procs 10% chance every time a beam attack does damage is going to be fairly useful for a FAW build, simply by the sheer frequency of the checks against the proc.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That depends, if you run your Aux power at or very near 125 to 135 (Depends on warp core) then it's not worth it (Unless the +25 can surpass the max power level which I doubt).

Like you said, most ships that use heals and exotic damage already run with Aux maxed. This would benefit engineers more IMO.

I do have a build that runs a split weapon/aux setting from time to time and drains to pump to full. Might be interesting there.

Thanks for the confirmation on my suspicions though.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    Well, I'd say that also depends on how often those dice get rolled. Something that, say, procs 10% chance every time a beam attack does damage is going to be fairly useful for a FAW build, simply by the sheer frequency of the checks against the proc.
    One of the timecops has a power with a 1% proc rate. I think Isis? Anyways, that proc is checked each time you hit an anemy with a energy attack, so 1% is actually not as bad as it sounds.

A 10% chance on a ship that cycles EngTeam*2 well.... that'll get used a bit more than other ships.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ironchefbbqironchefbbq Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Active Roster Ability:
    (Space) Each time a torpedo weapon is activated, you have a chance to apply a boost to torpedo damage for 15 seconds. This boost may stack up to 3 times.

* 20% chance: +5% Kinetic Damage Bonus with Torpedoes for 15 sec (stacks 3 times)

Traits: Congenial, Cunning, Resolve, Stubborn, Teamwork

Almost interesting, but I would only ever see one stack as I run a Hargh'Peng. What really needs to happen is to ease some of the restrictions that have been unfairly employed against the people's Hargh'Peng.
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    -- DOCTOR --
    Active Roster Ability:

At last a new DOFF that affects sci ground healers, hurrah! Much needed seeing as there are precious few. Interesting that dylovene counts as a heal, mind you, when it doesn't restore health (even if it boosts maximum).

Also thanks for the info; I have added them to my list here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1099371
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A2B and heal boat don't mix up well unless you plan on somehow boosting Aux power after you drain it with aux2bat (Even if the aux drain from it is buggy as all hell)
    As I said, with reciprocity and DOFF you can achieve the same results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited April 2015
    Active Roster Ability:

Severely under-powered, this doff. I can equip 3 of them on my torp bomber, and receive a maximum of 15% damage with just torps... OR, I can equip Torosek + Exocomp, and receive 20% damage to all weapons any time I pop a weapon battery.

Highly recommend buffing it so it's not actually worse than other options.
    I AM WAR.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    these officers are instead Ultra-Rare quality, which will enhance their impact on rewards and outcomes when used for Doff Assignments.
    Does this mean you are fixing The Doctor/EMH Mk I to have a quality bonus? And will it be greater than ultra rare?
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That 10/20% chance of something kills my enthusiasm to buy any of this doffs.:(
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Severely under-powered, this doff. I can equip 3 of them on my torp bomber, and receive a maximum of 15% damage with just torps... OR, I can equip Torosek + Exocomp, and receive 20% damage to all weapons any time I pop a weapon battery.

Highly recommend buffing it so it's not actually worse than other options.

These doffs work for torpedos too?:eek: