test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still Can't Play Fed Delta Recruit

fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ever since it started,I'm not able to play my new fed DR.it keeps frezzing up at the end of the cutscene.this is BS! I put in two tickets two weeks ago and it still is not fixed.:mad:
Post edited by fletch57 on

Comments

• Options
    blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same problem! I don't want to play Klingon or Romulan. Got to many of those already!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    this thread needs to keep going if a patch to fix comes out----soon.
  • Options
    doktormarengodoktormarengo Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some of us have tried a workaround that seems to work. It worked for me at least.

Info is posted here.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1417361

It's a known issue btw.

But basically.. the culprit is a temporary file in your STO Live folder called: binkw32.dll

Details are in the thread above, with work-around.
  • Options
    texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if this helps, but I found something in the "helps" that spoke about a hogg file error. I believe the instructions were to delete the hogg files then force verify at relog. If that dosen't work, you may need to uninstall the game (I reccomend Arc as well) and then reinstall as it said there may be a problem with the game installation. Took me about 1hr 45min.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yeah,I read that work around thread.I don't know that much about messing around with game files,so I guess I will wait for them to fix it.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    was hoping for a fix in todays patch,but I guess it will take longer?:rolleyes: