test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My problem with "Uneasy Allies"

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
Someone help me out. either im missing something or "Uneasy Allies" has a major flaw. How the heck did Taris get on the sphere? in the old episode, she made it through the iconian gate, but in the new federation episodes, Taris gets arrested and turned over to Captain Shon on the Belfast. Perhaps I need to go back to redo the romulan mission but even then.....u have 2 separate things happening to taris....federation sees her arrested, romulan sees her escaping through the gate....which can't happen. either she's arrested or she escapes through the gate, not both.
Post edited by shinnok918 on

Comments

• Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WHere's that picture of Giorgio Tsoukalos and the caption saying "Iconians" instead of Aliens? :P
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    She escapes in the 2800 Series, from facility something something...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Taris gets arrested and put into the holographic prison.
    You go to the holographic prison and it breaks Down for a bit
    Taris escapes
    She goes to risa. Watches a movie. Goes to the sphere.
    You show up in the sphere
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh that's right, I was wondering why I saw Taris' name in one of those prisons in my recent replay of 2800
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My problem with that mission is that after the first run I knew that I didn't need to kill the herald or the elachi at the end, that I should just be running to the gate. In my most recent run-through I was so successful that I made it to the gate before the herald's cutscene.

The issue is that my boffs don't know to run, I don't tell them, and they die with the elachi as I'm running away like a coward. And yet somehow I not only escape court martial when I get back to the Milky Way, I remain captain of my ship and am still respected by the people I left to die as I ran away screaming, "OMG a herald! Take my boffs, just let me go! I'm too pretty to die! I don't wanna die!"
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well mine boffs never died on that one.....

well except that one time when I decided to kill herald to check if there are any accolades for it (meh nothing)

at that one they died alot.....

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    alex284 wrote: »
    My problem with that mission is that after the first run I knew that I didn't need to kill the herald or the elachi at the end, that I should just be running to the gate. In my most recent run-through I was so successful that I made it to the gate before the herald's cutscene.

The issue is that my boffs don't know to run, I don't tell them, and they die with the elachi as I'm running away like a coward. And yet somehow I not only escape court martial when I get back to the Milky Way, I remain captain of my ship and am still respected by the people I left to die as I ran away screaming, "OMG a herald! Take my boffs, just let me go! I'm too pretty to die! I don't wanna die!"

if they were wearing red shirts, they knew the risks.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My problem was the Herald kept running away until I was left with nothing to do but meander through the gate.

It was kind of like Second Wave...blow up all the Jem'Hadar...but still have to run away from them...lolwut?

I prefer how it was handled in Sphere of Influence.
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    , "OMG a herald! Take my boffs, just let me go! I'm too pretty to die! I don't wanna die!"

I wish that was actually a scene from the mission and you free some Captain and their senior staff then the captain does that and you can just watch it as a cutscene i would be laughing for hours xD

actually thats got me thinking, I wonder if there are any cryptic bloopers :)

omg now im imagining a troll face on a dividian as he's leaving the mess hall on that cardy ship in "skirmishes" >.<

oh god shoot me now.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2015

You even can't kill the herald, the coward just does not returns after you beat him down to about 33% health.
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WHere's that picture of Giorgio Tsoukalos and the caption saying "Iconians" instead of Aliens? :P

copyright ;)

iconians filed a lawsuit so its nowhere anymore :/
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    Taris escapes

she never escaped by herself, she was assisted in an escape by the iconians. its from there she was likely probed for information and left to rot in the andromeda battle sphere.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    Someone help me out. either im missing something or "Uneasy Allies" has a major flaw. How the heck did Taris get on the sphere? in the old episode, she made it through the iconian gate, but in the new federation episodes, Taris gets arrested and turned over to Captain Shon on the Belfast.
    No, she always got arrested, even in the old episodes. You're probably confusing her with that Romulan who escapes through a gate in Cutting the Cord.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What really irritates me is the whole pointlessness of the episode. Sure, Sela wants to escape but she already proved capable of getting away without the need of an Iconian gate. I know she wanted to show us exactly what we'll be facing, but we already knew it was coming. We just rescued Q'onos from the Undine and restored the Khitomer accords. An Iconian crashed our celebration. We kicked the TRIBBLE out of the Vaadwaur. And to top it off, the herald sphere showed up on our doorstep anyway immediately after we got a peek inside. We're not exactly resting on our laurels here. I wish the episode had served more than as a glorified teaser of things to come.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think intel is pretty happy about knowing that there is a shiite ton of so far unseen vessels and a new ground force that escaped a D&D session and casts doom spells.
    Not to mention that its good to know that there is a new servitor force, considering how much we whooped the elachi and vaadwaur - the 2 species we thought were the principal combat servitors until now.

Think about it.
    Facing of elachi? pft. cannon fodder. Who cares?
    Vaddwaur? Already in the ropes by internal division and out machinations.
    The undine, after having that meld with tuvok, perhaps have grown a brain by now and stopped being an easy go to force for the iconians.

So yeah, the sneak peaks was valuable.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can do that in any mission. Just get your boffs killed and leave them. Of course they'll just respawn when you change map. Because dying is for NPCs.

At least its a smart Herald. When it finds out you can't kill <Insert Name Here> of Infinite Respawns, it runs away and doesn't come back. The smartest enemy in the game. :D
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    At least its a smart Herald. When it finds out you can't kill <Insert Name Here> of Infinite Respawns, it runs away and doesn't come back. The smartest enemy in the game. :D

mass effect 3, asari are converted, they warp about, loudly scream at the sight of justin beiber but still damaged after each round sunk into it, eventually no matter how many times it warps around, it ends up dead.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You even can't kill the herald, the coward just does not returns after you beat him down to about 33% health.

actually he does.....

at least he did when I was checking if there is any accolade fro killing him

he dissappeared twice and returned twice and on third appearance he just died dropped crappy loot and that was all of it :/

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is not so much a problem, but I am wondering about something regarding this mission.

At some point you and your away team gets on a platform, Sela is with you and Taris is here. You are in the inside of a Dyson sphere. Up is the central star and there are thousaans of iconian spac ships. Sela pushes Taris of the platform and she falls.

Where does she fall to? Is there gravity? How and why. We are there to and can breath, so it means there is oxygen. We are probably on a higher structure which stands on the inside of the Dyson sphere. There is an atmosphere. The structure has a platform, we can go there, but there is no fence. A pretty risky building if you ask me.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,519 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Red... matter... I need... red... matter!

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble