Install Arc
Options

I miss the game from before Delta Recruits

2»

Comments

• Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im in the UK, only have lag in space & its very random, started getting problems Feb 9th, chat screwed up & lag started, sometimes its like watching my ship trying to line dance but play the same mission 30 min later & no problems,,,,,,

ps last time i tried the EU proxy it dident work, the US made it worse.
  • Options
    christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OP, What may have caused your problem to suddenly start up when it hadn't been present before may have something to do with any number of networks your trace path from your ISP to the server experiencing issues.

For example, if a network your trace path ordinarily goes through is experiencing problems, your path may have been rerouted through the part of the cogentco infrastructure that is experiencing the problems so many have posted about.

So many people seem to think that the only points on the internet that matter is their computer and the server they are attempting to connect to. There is a massive number of points along the way that could fail or malfunction at any time.

As convoluted as the internet has become, it's a wonder that things like this do not happen more often. Of course, if you have a major segment of the network operating at sub-par efficiency COUGHCogentcoCOUGH, then you get what people have been dealing with for a while now.

It's not just as simple as switching ISPs. The ISP has to be able to provide support for an MMO-grade server farm and the bandwith needed to allow the level of traffic necessary. There simply may not be an ISP in the area capable of delivering. That leaves them with what they have, which up until the issue started, WAS able to deliver what was expected and needed by them.

If the issue was with Cryptic's server, everyone would be experiencing the same issue at the same time... like when it goes down for whatever reason. But with it affecting only SOME people, it is an external issue, very likely somewhere between the client and the server along the trace route.

holy TRIBBLE an intelligent response....I had no idea those existed!!!!!!! I would agree as I have no issues myself.
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    However we have been aware of the connection issues, and I've been grabbing data back and forth to the engi teams trying to figure out why some players in particular are having such a connection issue.

I've been suffering from this since Delta Rising launched. ANYTHING I can do to help, just ask.
    If the issue was with Cryptic's server, everyone would be experiencing the same issue at the same time... like when it goes down for whatever reason. But with it affecting only SOME people, it is an external issue, very likely somewhere between the client and the server along the trace route.

Here's the part that confuses me. I can understand how being routed through a problem area can cause some people issues, but not others. But whatever the problem is, it's inconsistent in game.

Flying solo, I notice a hint of lag here and there in space. Almost never on the ground. Crystalline Entity, very little to no lag. Azure Nebula Rescue, sometimes a little laggy, but playable. Khitomer Space, a little laggy to almost unplayable. Infected Space, almost always unplayable.

I just came from another attempt of ISA played with fleetmates, in which we lost because there was so much lag, inputs were not being accepted. We were all being affected by it. I get out of there, we grumble about it for awhile, then I go into a Sector alert and everything is hunky-dory.

I don't understand why, if it's a simple connection issue, it's not consistent at all times. If it was always like Infected space, I would simply not be able to play. Unless, for some reason Infected Space just requires a TRIBBLE-ton more data flow.