test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paradox Corrector not working as described

kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
On the tooltip and description for the Paradox Corrrector, it says that the device works even when defeated.

While up and fighting it's a good team heal and works to res any defeated boffs.

When defeated, the device is greyed out and doesn't function.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I found you need a boff or another character on close proximity for it to work on the revive yourself.

It has like a 30m sphere of effect, on Kobali when I tested it the boff on my team had to be really near for it to work. Like within a few meters.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Currently, it can only be used while Defeated if another player on your team is still standing. This was done to ensure that it wouldn't break certain Mission Content that may be designed to reset when all Players die (ignoring Boffs that might still be alive).

We're still evaluating if we can expand it to register alive Boffs as valid teammates for this purpose.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    bluethirdworldbluethirdworld Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That kind of makes sense, if we all fall down into the lava then we'll rez in the lava and die again.
    I think having it only work when on a team is too limiting and makes it a bit useless. Having one alive boff for it to work would be the minimum, I think. And the tool tip needs to be updated, as the op said it's a bit misleading.
    Good luck finding a way to improve this great idea.
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's a shame, kinda ruins the best sounding feature of the item.

I was hoping it would help with a wipe of my team at an objective in the voth battlezone or the like.

Without that, it's more or less the same as the borg rep active power.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Currently, it can only be used while Defeated if another player on your team is still standing. This was done to ensure that it wouldn't break certain Mission Content that may be designed to reset when all Players die (ignoring Boffs that might still be alive).

We're still evaluating if we can expand it to register alive Boffs as valid teammates for this purpose.
    To be honest, if it doesn't count alive Boffs, only other players, then that makes it pretty much 100% useless to solo players, and eliminates most of my motivation for getting it.

I understand the kind of trigger you're talking about and how the Corrector might break sequence that way, but it really seems like the sort of thing you ought to be able to add a check for, depending on how much information you expose to the item code.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster