Options

Science Ships?

2»

Comments

• Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    synfoola wrote: »
    Thanks, all. :) I have enough refined dil to grab enough Zen for a couple of T6 ships but, if the T5's are still good for my playstyle, then I'll happily consider them. Do you think the fleet upgrade of the Scryer and other T6 ships will bring something that might make me want to hold off on ship purchases until later?

You'd still want to get the C-Store versions first because they come with the ship traits. After a few weeks/months if you really like your ship and you think you're maxing it out, then maybe get the Fleet variant.
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh no, no, if I buy a ship, then it has to be something I can use across my faction alts.

Thanks again, all. :)
  • Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Nebula is worth a look at, it's a decent sci/cruiser hybrid

The T5-U Nebula/Fleet Nebula is a solid all-around choice, with staggering partgen/exotic damage potential! :D

As raven above says, it's basically a Sci ship that thinks it's a Cruiser; it won't win any dps races, but with it, you can basically toss dps out the window in exchange for the ability to shrug off damage that would drop a lot of the larger Cruisers/Carriers, snare entire groups of mobs with an amped up Grav Well III, and -still- keep your teammates alive/supported.

That said, the ship still has issues...; the above-mentioned lack of normal dps potential scares off a lot of players, it handles like a drunk BRICK, has significant inertia issues, and relies -very- heavily on it's Auxiliary Power numbers to be of use....

:)
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D