test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 4 Vor'cha and Vor'kang turn rate bugged

toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
For years I've been believing the advertised turn rate of 7 degrees per second for the Tier 4 Vor'cha battlecruiser as well as the T4 Vor'kang battlecruiser was merely a typo in descriptions.
Finally now I've taken the two ships for a spin, comparing their turn rates with other battlecruisers (Mogh, Negh'var, T5 Vorcha retrofit and T5 Mirror Vor'cha) and calculating their base turn rate through addition of set bonus turn.

To my surprise, all the ships mentioned ended up having their advertised turn rate (T5 Vor'chas: 10, Negh'var and Mogh: 9, T4 Vor'cha and Vor'Kang: 7).
As the turn rate of 7 for the T4 battlecruisers absolutely doesn't fit, I call it a bug.

T2 K'tanco Battlecruiser has a turn rate of 13 --> Tier 3 K't'inga family (including fleet versions) a turn of 11 --> Tier 3 Kamarag (including Fleet version) a turn of 10.5 --> T4 Vor'chas a turn of 7 --> T5 Vor'chas (including Fleet version) a turn of 10 --> Negh'var family a turn of 9, Mogh versions a turn of 9.

Only the BortasQu' line stands apart, a unique misfit with a much slower turn rate.

Not only the Tier 4 Vor'chas don't fit among the other KDF battlecruisers, they don't even share the turn rate of other T5 Vor'cha variants. Thus it must have been an oversight.

The expected turn rate for the Tier 4 Vor'cha and the Tier 4 Vor'kang is 10 (same as the turn rate of T5 Vor'cha variants), that way it fits within the KDF battlecruiser progression, the Vor'cha family of ships and KDF battlecruisers in general.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!