Comments

• Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    How about actual Desert attire?

From DS9
    From Enterprise

Hey, thanks! I'd forgotten about those. Though I'd prefer it to be more common in the series, it is good to know someone was thinking it through.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2015
    WOK

That's my number 1 for starfleet
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    TOS hands down. I liked where Roddenberry's "vision" of the future was ;)
  • Options
    insphcallahaninsphcallahan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I personally like the uniforms from "Yesterday's Enterprise". I mean they're not much different from the standard TNG uniforms, but that entire episode was built out of nothing but minor atmospheric details and the closed collar uniforms with the phaser belts were one of those details.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do like th,e Sierra series, specifically 1, 2 and 4. They look rugged and bulky enough to cover the body armor we're all wearing, and they look like they can take some serious abuse on an away mission.

Canon-wise, the DS9/TNG movie-era wins for being the most practical and comfortable-looking.

Non-Starfleet, gotta go with TOS Klingon uniforms.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On pure aesthetics, the TWOK uniform. Of course, in practical terms that would be about as good as the Redcoats' uniforms. And we know how that went. ;)

On real-life usefulness, the ENT flight suit. Because real life demands pockets. The flight suit also goes great with the set, which is the perfect blend between NASA and TOS.

The onscreen uniform I most associate with Star Trek, though, is the First Contact uniform. I love that one. :)

As far as STO, I think the Odyssey uniform was the best move they've made in a long while. That said I've done some fun "original"/non-canon designs as well.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    I do like th,e Sierra series, specifically 1, 2 and 4. They look rugged and bulky enough to cover the body armor we're all wearing, and they look like they can take some serious abuse on an away mission.

Hmm...I'd been under the impression that armor was too thick to put clothes on over. How thick do you think it is?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And what does it stand for? The look like pajamas or male ballet outfits to me. At least the first few seasons.
    It stands for a Star Trek where peace was something that was desirable (yeah i know it's boring, lol).
    I like that from a philosophical point of view. But as i said they aren't very practical and only have sentimental value for me.

In fact i think almost NO trek uniform would be used in real life, since most of them are just there to look "good" or look simply theatrical.
    The only ones i could imagine actually being used are ENT uniforms and its variants. Surely they could change its color scheme imo.

There's one thing i don't really get, why don't they use field jackets when going on excursions?
    I know (early) TOS had them just as ENT in one or two episodes. Why wheren't similar jackets used in TNG and later?
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lexxie1983 wrote: »
    For me, in game Odyssey practical and sleek modern looking, only the white shoulders for captains is a bit to stand out off the crowd in a fight.

Enemy commander: Kill the captains, enemy soldier: who is that its dark here? commander: the one with the withe shoulders: soldier: ah there bam! ah there bam! etc. Commander now kill the rest!!!

Eh, that's not so bad. In World War II and probably before, US Navy officers wore white, although once the war started there were standing orders to stain them with coffee. :D Nowadays white is reserved for the dress uniform; the day-to-day service uniform is khaki, I believe.

Similarly you'll notice there isn't a special CO's variant for the tactical versions of the uniform, i.e. the suit used in the field and for combat. Hell, the enlisted variant of the Odyssey Tactical is more obvious than the officer version. The one with the white shoulders is supposed to be worn on ship duty.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Personally I like the Odyssey dress uniform that I recoloured to look like the WoK uniforms, a classic look with modern lines..

Films and series wise I liked the WoK uniforms and the DS9 versions, also liked the Spec Ops uniform thet used on Nimbus, but would have changed the type of trousers they used.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my main exclusively uses the dyson research uniform for her crew. primarily black with career specific colorings on the shoulders, back and sides.

most of my others run the oddy uniform, in their default colors and later on when you become an admiral, you go white upper shoulder and collar line or default with gold trim like quinn has.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    zbzznzbzzn Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like all of the usual ones like The Wrath of Khan uniform and the First Contact uniform but I have always liked this one quite a bit too. It's funny how badly they upstaged the main TNG uniform of the time.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    The only ones i could imagine actually being used are ENT uniforms and its variants. Surely they could change its color scheme imo.

TWoK uniform could see use as a dress uniform, but otherwise spot on, no military organization would wear something as impractical as most Star Trek uniforms.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png