test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Still crashing on DirectX 11

hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I've been playing on DirectX 9 for weeks now since this game doesn't seem to support the latest Catalyst driver. Please add support for Omega (14.12) AMD Catalyst drivers.

On DirectX 11 I get visual artifacts and crashes to desktop.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by hatchetl4d on

Comments

• mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ditto here... on two different machines using same type of card. Cannot run DX11 with two r9 290x cards and latest catalyst drivers or even the new beta drivers. DX11 freezes up setting my cards at 100% gpu usage and resets pc intermittently regardless of power usage and graphics settings, it's DX11 errors related to shader problems. Tried Win 8.1 and Win7 and system reinstalls. I even tried on my laptop with an intel chipset and I still get pixel shader errors on all three machines running DX9 but on DX9 its playable.

It's a shame really because the game looks awesome with DX11 when it works but I've just given up on STO. Wasted too much time troubleshooting a problem that is game related and not my system. I have to decide whether to spend time on some other games since I still have a big investment in my video cards. I subbed up for the next 6 months with another mmo on two accounts, that's a few hundred bucks that STO just lost and the time I'm going to spend playing them instead.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can turn off AA and AF ingame and force it through the catalyst control center. That works for me. But we should not be forced to find workarrounds ourselfes after 4 months of a new driver release. I wonder how many folks are locked out due to this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]