test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changes to Romulan Armour?

artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When did these change to unique items? I had two sets and was on the way to get the shield for a third, when I went to claim it I couldn't, so I tried putting the others in my bank and it didn't work.
I only picked up the second set the other day, so when did they change it?

My biggest issue with this change (if it is intentional) is that there are a LOT of unique weapon rewards from missions and the fact that the Romulan Navy Armour was a 2 piece armour and shield was perfect for outfitting BOFFs with a set bonus and a way of using all the nice weapons.

To any Devs; if it was intentional, I'd even accept it being knocked down to a Mk XI, and have to upgrade it, than it being unique.

Level 65 Fed Alien.
22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
'...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
'...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think this was intentional since the blog now also says the gear is uiniqe and limited to once per toon.

I just thought I was misremembering things but obviosly that wasn't the case, I really hate this stealth patches/nerfs.:mad: If it was intended to be this way from the beginning then at least mention the bug/change the patch notes....
    artan42 wrote: »
    My biggest issue with this change (if it is intentional) is that there are a LOT of unique weapon rewards from missions and the fact that the Romulan Navy Armour was a 2 piece armour and shield was perfect for outfitting BOFFs with a set bonus and a way of using all the nice weapons.

Also planned exactly this till I was hit by reality.
  • Options
    bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, this wasn't a stealth patch or a Nerf. It was always intended to by a "Claim once" item and teh majority of the player base could only claim it once when the mission did drop.

So yeah, consider yourself lucky, cos some of us were never able to claim it more than once.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, that's a bugger :mad:.

I hope they reconsider it.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bobsled624 wrote: »
    Yeah, this wasn't a stealth patch or a Nerf. It was always intended to by a "Claim once" item and teh majority of the player base could only claim it once when the mission did drop.

So yeah, consider yourself lucky, cos some of us were never able to claim it more than once.

Well, that's good to know. But there's still the issue that they silently fixed this without even acknowledging it and left people guessing wth just happened, which resulted in the OP's bug report.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well, that's good to know. But there's still the issue that they silently fixed this without even acknowledging it and left people guessing wth just happened, which resulted in the OP's bug report.

Yeah, I wish this sort of thing ended up in the patch notes, even if just to show they do address bugs.

#TASforSTO