test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server boom again?

captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
Been having massive SNRs and DCs for the last 10 mins or so, fleet mates also affected. Now it seems to be down.
Is it just me?
I need a beer.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maristonmariston Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm have login server issues.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This Is Shakaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Wee. I get my account back, just for the servers to fall down again. Yay. [/Sarcasm]
    I need a beer.

• Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Been having massive SNRs and DCs for the last 10 mins or so, fleet mates also affected. Now it seems to be down.
    Is it just me?

No, I'm in the Boston area and it's affecting me as well. It isn't my internet either. My internet is working fine for everything else.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is absolulty idiotic.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Khaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!!!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having issues as well here in the Netherlands. Trying to switch proxy server from none to EU, see if that helps...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Launcher still shows as green.
    EDIT

I'm in!

EDIT

Maybe not. Very slow, got to the character select screen, but it is very slow.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I suppose it is too much to ask just once when Cryptic launches a major update to the game, this does not happen.

EDIT: The Launcher has a red bar which says the website is experiencing difficulties but gameplay is not affected. What in the world does one call being DC'd then?

Normal Gameplay is not affected. I simply get as far as my Character Screen. Which has no characters on it. So, since I am obviously not playing the game, "Normal gameplay" is not affected.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    This is absolulty idiotic.

Odd, i think is Cryptic :P
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ugh. Again. Five levels till 50 and I start doing my story missions. Ugh.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Well... I was wondering why my character started practicing her pitching when I wanted to throw a single Plasma 'nade.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the lag is just laggy :):D

Please pay your bills Cryptic.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really wish Cryptic would move Launches to Monday from Thursday. At least then the first string would be available for correcting the inevitable.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    Again, it's not the servers in Boston (Cryptic). It's the ISP Cogent that's showing red flags at the moment. Cogent is not Cryptic.

Get a grip. This is out of their control, and YES it's been an issue for years.
  • Options
    acherion2175acherion2175 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Again, it's not the servers in Boston (Cryptic). It's the ISP Cogent that's showing red flags at the moment. Cogent is not Cryptic.

Get a grip. This is out of their control, and YES it's been an issue for years.

Days I can understand. Weeks I can give you, Months starts getting a bit silly but years is just plain stupid. But, then again, it's a company that can't make money in the US even though this last expansion was billed as the most profitable of any of them.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey Askray, might I ask you to close this thread please? It has served its purpose methinks.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Days I can understand. Weeks I can give you, Months starts getting a bit silly but years is just plain stupid. But, then again, it's a company that can't make money in the US even though this last expansion was billed as the most profitable of any of them.
    Cogent's having an ongoing dispute with Level 3, a Verizon subsidiary that provides Internet services. When data packets are handed off from a Level 3 node to a Cogent node, Cogent wants Verizon to pay them a lot of money for handling the data. (Hopefully the FCC's new Net Neutrality regulations will start to clear this up soon - assuming Congress doesn't override the regulations, which Cogent and Comcast are paying them a lot of money to do.) One of the ways Cogent displays their displeasure is by placing such data at an extremely low priority - which can indeed lead to lag, SNRs, and DCs.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a lot Cryptic Studios can do to force Cogent to process their data in a more timely fashion.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey Askray, might I ask you to close this thread please? It has served its purpose methinks.

Just popping in before thread closure :)
This discussion has been closed.