test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So uh, Ground BOFF ability selection...

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So uh, yeah, those Ground BOFF abilities...is there any particular reason that I need to select them again every single time I go to do a Ground map? I set them on the BOFFs. They're fine. Then, they're not fine. I have to select them again. Over and over...er...over and over...yeah...over and over.

This is what I set it as...this is what I want...

Battle Strategies I, Suppressing Fire I, Target Optics II, Plasma Grenade II
Battle Strategies I, Target Optics I, Overwatch I, Plasma Grenade II

Shield Recharge I, Shield Generator Fabrication I, Medical Generator Fabrication I, Support Drone Fabrication I
Medical Tricoder I, Medical Tricorder II, Vascular Regenerator II, Nanite Health Monitor I

...stop changing it to this...this is not what I want...

Battle Strategies I, Suppressing Fire I, Plasma Grenade I, Motion Accelerator I
Battle Strategies I, Lunge I, Suppressing Fire II, Plasma Grenade II

Shield Recharge I, Reroute Power to Shields I, Turret Fabrication II, Quantum Mortar Fabrication II
Electro-Gravitic Field I, Medical Tricorder II, Neural Neutralizer I, Hypospray - Melorazine II

...deal? Pretty please? :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes

this is getting annoying...

at least my boffs don't need their abilities to absolutely dominate the battlefield for my main toon.
  • iusassetiusasset Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So uh, yeah, those Ground BOFF abilities...is there any particular reason that I need to select them again every single time I go to do a Ground map? I set them on the BOFFs. They're fine. Then, they're not fine. I have to select them again. Over and over...er...over and over...yeah...over and over.

This is what I set it as...this is what I want...

Battle Strategies I, Suppressing Fire I, Target Optics II, Plasma Grenade II
    Battle Strategies I, Target Optics I, Overwatch I, Plasma Grenade II

Shield Recharge I, Shield Generator Fabrication I, Medical Generator Fabrication I, Support Drone Fabrication I
    Medical Tricoder I, Medical Tricorder II, Vascular Regenerator II, Nanite Health Monitor I

...stop changing it to this...this is not what I want...

Battle Strategies I, Suppressing Fire I, Plasma Grenade I, Motion Accelerator I
    Battle Strategies I, Lunge I, Suppressing Fire II, Plasma Grenade II

Shield Recharge I, Reroute Power to Shields I, Turret Fabrication II, Quantum Mortar Fabrication II
    Electro-Gravitic Field I, Medical Tricorder II, Neural Neutralizer I, Hypospray - Melorazine II

...deal? Pretty please? :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's frustrating - and unlike loadout bugs, there's just about nothing you can do to serve as a workaround. My favorite part of this bug is when the powers lock and refuse to change. :confused:
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wheee, so after today's patch...oh wait, that's right...that was for loadouts. My BOFFs still have fubar Ground abilities that I need to reslot. :(
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yep. for a second i thought they finally fixed the ground abilities, but nope. everything still keeps resetting.

to replicate, just buy every ground ability and teach it to a boff, then set something specific up. give each boff a few abilities to choose from, then go on a few space>ground>space>ground changes and the abilities will start resetting soon enough.

if this keeps up, i'll have to request an ability un-learning item, so that i can remove every ability that's not the one i want. that's the only way so far to make a boff not reset his ground abilities. don't give him any choice, like pre-boff system change.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
    edited April 2015
    Odd, I've just run through the Breen arc today and it didn't happen once...quirky. Thanks! Maybe? Er...hopefully.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Been doing this to me, for days now, not just related to the patch!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I get the feeling this is a side effect from the load out bug. Hope they can fix this and not break load out clearing again.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I said it in the announcement thread where they announced the loadout / boff abilities / tray bug was getting fixed, that I won't believe it anymore because it's just too greatly spread out to ever fix it cumpletely.

Unfortunately, once again, I was right (I already predicted this in the previous fix hopes for this bug). The ground abilities of all bridge officers keep changing, even though I set the default abilities each time manually. Every time I beam down to a new location, I have to arrange them all and set them up as I would like them to look like, before I can even engage in battle at all.

The space abilities however seem to hold ... for now. So at least something related to the loadout issue seems to have been fixed, butt as I said ... for now.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1 on the ground skills still resetting every map change for the BoFF's.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same problem. Usually every ground map I go to, there's at least 1 boff I have to reassign the skills I want the boff to have. They keep reverting to the default skills they had when I commissioned them.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't recall if my other/old toons are having this issue or not (I don't think I've done any ground missions on them in a while), but with my Delta Recuit KDF-Aligned Romulan Alien character (Rea@PatricianVetinari) I've noticed this, too.

My BOff abilities keep revering to their default settings, switching away from the powers I've trained into them. Almost every time the Away Team window pops up I see that I have to go back to my Stations screen and reassert their trained-in abilities.

If it helps, my Away Team includes Tovan Khev, Satra, Veril, and a KDF Nausicaan Tac Officer I recruited while leveling.

This is a very annoying bug. Please fix asap. :(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't recall if my other/old toons are having this issue or not (I don't think I've done any ground missions on them in a while), but with my Delta Recuit KDF-Aligned Romulan Alien character (Rea@PatricianVetinari) I've noticed this, too.

My BOff abilities keep revering to their default settings, switching away from the powers I've trained into them. Almost every time the Away Team window pops up I see that I have to go back to my Stations screen and reassert their trained-in abilities.

If it helps, my Away Team includes Tovan Khev, Satra, Veril, and a KDF Nausicaan Tac Officer I recruited while leveling.

This is a very annoying bug. Please fix asap. :(

its not those "specific" BOs. Its any BO that is "special". Those are just the most noticeable since everyone has them and most Roms get stuck using them. Basically any BO that has skills listed instead of being blank.

This happens nearly 99.9% of the time.

I just don't even bother any more,

I also have the same issue with space but its more sporadic and can often be fixed with a loadout.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its not those "specific" BOs. Its any BO that is "special"...
    My Nausicaan mentioned above isn't a special BOff and he's affected by this bug, too, so it's not just Special BOffs. Maybe it only affects Standard BOffs if there are Specials on the Away Team?
    ...I also have the same issue with space but its more sporadic and can often be fixed with a loadout.
    Yes, so do I, even after Tuesday's update. And you're right, the Loadout feature does help with that. Sadly, we don't have a Loadout for ground.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Nausicaan mentioned above isn't a special BOff and he's affected by this bug, too, so it's not just Special BOffs. Maybe it only affects Standard BOffs if there are Specials on the Away Team?

Yes, so do I, even after Tuesday's update. And you're right, the Loadout feature does help with that. Sadly, we don't have a Loadout for ground.

its likely IMO the Nausican has a trait or skill that made him "special". Like Torp Spread III for instance or some ground skill that isn't standard.

For me the common denominator for all BO issues now is that that they are "special".
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    Odd, I've just run through the Breen arc today and it didn't happen once...quirky. Thanks! Maybe? Er...hopefully.

Nope, well, partial nope. All of the Breen stuff was fine. Hit up Uneasy Allies today...reset. I'm wondering if this is something content related.