test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I crazy, or did they remove something?

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
So I'm leveling my Delta Recruit, and I'm noticing that, while I'm getting additional Bridge Officers at certain levels, I'm not getting any additional Bridge Officer roster slots. Unless I'm misremembering, didn't it used to be that you would also get additional Bridge Officer slots as you leveled, as well? Like, at least one or two additional slots? It's not as big of a problem right now, at lower levels, but once I get higher-tiered ships, I'm going to need more than just four Bridge Officers, or I won't be able to fill all the bridge officer seats on even the regular T5 ships.

So did they remove the ability to gain additional Boff slots as you leveled, or has it always been that, if you wanted more than four Boffs at a time, you need to pay Zen for additional slots?
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are you gold or silver? Silver players get less slots than gold as they level.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silver (ftp) players get 4 slots but should end up with 6 slots at lv50 so they are added as you go along.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silver (ftp) players get 4 slots but should end up with 6 slots at lv50 so they are added as you go along.

Yeah, that sounds right...but on the level up rewards screen, it also doesn't show when those extra slots get added. And I could have sworn you got at least one slot earlier on in your career...again, though, it has been awhile since I've leveled a character. I guess I should wait to worry about until I get closer to level 50....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • g0rb4gg0rb4g Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If memory serves, I started with 4 bridge officer slots and gained additional ones at levels 20, 40, 50 and 60 for a total of 8.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Silver gets 4, and earns 1 additional at Captain and 1 additional at Rear Admiral, Lower Half for a total of 6. If you want more after that you must pay for them.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Silver gets 4, and earns 1 additional at Captain and 1 additional at Rear Admiral, Lower Half for a total of 6. If you want more after that you must pay for them.

This why I forked out some cash. and got the slots on sale. Had 4 slots which I will do eventually but hey why not.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1