test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot Dismiss EMH Mk I

hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I accidentally clicked the box containing the EMH Mk I on a character that I do not want to have him. Now I cannot dismiss him. Clicking the "dismiss" button gives the "are you sure?" prompt, but when I click to confirm, the EMH is still not removed.

I do not want this duty officer. I consider the fact that he cannot be removed through the usual interface to be a bug. If anyone who did want the EMH was to accidentally dismiss him, even with the confirmation, they could easily re-acquire him by running the mission again; so IMO, there is no reason to make the EMH flat-out impossible to get rid of.

For obvious(?) reasons, i.e. not wanting to get stuck with more unwanted officers, I have not verified whether the same is true of other gold-quality awards.
Post edited by hfmudd on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First of all, why would you want to get rid of an epic quality doff? Since they fixed him, using him for doffing is great because his high quality greatly affects the outcome in a positive way.

And also you can't get him again, he's obtainable once per character and not obtainable through replay.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    why the bloody heck would you not want this doff? this is the best, an epic doff, that you can get.

you don't need him on active duty, but he's very useful for doffing
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Lol, he wants to drop the ONLY epic doff in the game. Heck, there aren't UR doffs which makes him extra nice to have.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hfmudd wrote: »
    I accidentally clicked the box containing the EMH Mk I on a character that I do not want to have him. Now I cannot dismiss him. Clicking the "dismiss" button gives the "are you sure?" prompt, but when I click to confirm, the EMH is still not removed.

I do not want this duty officer. I consider the fact that he cannot be removed through the usual interface to be a bug. If anyone who did want the EMH was to accidentally dismiss him, even with the confirmation, they could easily re-acquire him by running the mission again; so IMO, there is no reason to make the EMH flat-out impossible to get rid of.

For obvious(?) reasons, i.e. not wanting to get stuck with more unwanted officers, I have not verified whether the same is true of other gold-quality awards.

I have the same problem.

While the Doff is great, he doesn't fit in with the scheme of my crew and I badly want to dismiss him. However this option isn't available in his current bugged state (No matter how many times I press the 'Dimiss' button hoping maybe THIS time I press it, it will work - lol).

Please Cryptic, fix the ability to get rid of this Doff. :)
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are you guys NUTS? Getting rid of an epic doff? I can't bring myself to junk a purple I don't need.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem.

While the Doff is great, he doesn't fit in with the scheme of my crew and I badly want to dismiss him. However this option isn't available in his current bugged state (No matter how many times I press the 'Dimiss' button hoping maybe THIS time I press it, it will work - lol).

so, you're being racist? getting rid of one of the best doff for doffing because he doesn't fit your crew?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem.

Lol, some people prefer role playing than having a doff that maximizes the crit rate of doffing assignments.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cryptic allows us to get access to our own version of the best Star Trek character after Spock, which is an Epic Doff with cool stats... and people want to dismiss it.

You know what, I think I don't want to live on this planet anymore and I'm gonna join the Iconians...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, some people prefer role playing than having a doff that maximizes the crit rate of doffing assignments.

In a word? Yes.

However, I submit that my reasons for wanting to dismiss this doff aren't relevant. What is relevant is that I can't, not by any means. "Dismiss" is not even greyed out, and produces the usual confirmation dialogue, but the confirmation is ignored. That suggests a hard-coded exception, one which I do not appreciate. If I want to dismiss the doff, for whatever reason, and confirm my decision, I should be able to; it should function as it does in other cases.

I have the EMH on other characters. I do not want it on this one. Unpacking it was a mistake and one that I want to have the ability to correct.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Update: I have now had this... officer commit honorable suicide once, executed him twice, attempted to trade him to aliens, and tried to simply dismiss him innumerable times. Despite all my efforts, he remains on my roster.

Will no one rid me of this insufferable hologram?
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hfmudd wrote: »
    Update: I have now had this... officer commit honorable suicide once, executed him twice, attempted to trade him to aliens, and tried to simply dismiss him innumerable times. Despite all my efforts, he remains on my roster.

Will no one rid me of this insufferable hologram?

Nope. :P

/10 characters
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy