test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ULC 10 Discussion Thread

worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
This is the discussion thread for ULC #10: Redux #1.

As usual, be honest and polite, please.

Mercilessly savaging me for the episode rewrite prompt would normally be actively encouraged, but I don't want to see this thread dissolve into a flame war, so please keep the arguments on VOY's quality out.

Entries thread here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I do something (juggling projects at the moment) it'll be a redux... Already doing something with Ael at the academy, and rewrites simply don't interest me (to read or to undertake...) I'll see what time allows :cool:
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I do something (juggling projects at the moment) it'll be a redux... Already doing something with Ael at the academy, and rewrites simply don't interest me (to read or to undertake...) I'll see what time allows :cool:

That's fine. :cool:

I have a sort-of second date tonight (LIFE EXPERIENCE!!!!!), and two papers coming up plus my Bio project and the 3 stories I haven't finished yet. >_<

So yeah, I totally understand. :)
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, if I manage to get my ULC8 finished, may as well include it here instead of the ULC8 thread. Might be able to then get the next one hammered out for the 'Freestyle' LC prompt, since that is the perfect place for that story, instead of trying to force things. Although I also need to check the prompts, see if there's anything else that could fit the rough plot.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    Worffan's opinions aside ... not "Scorpion" eh?

I'd write Janeway being thrown in the Brig, Chakotay growing a pair, and the Borg being blown to oblivion by the Undine with Voyager's help on tactics and countering Borg adaptation.

Besides. War crimes aside, Scorpion's actually a halfway decent episode. It just needs a Slap The Hell Up for Janeway.

Unimatrix zero? Now that's a CHALLENGE.
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Doubt I'll touch Prompt 3. Prompt 2... maybe.

For the Redux, though... well, I guess I have another month for ULC 9.3. :D
    76561198160276582.png
    edited March 2015
    takeshi6 wrote: »
    Doubt I'll touch Prompt 3. Prompt 2... maybe.

For the Redux, though... well, I guess I have another month for ULC 9.3. :D

:D

I can't wait to see the finished product; what you have so far is very cute. :)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Worffan's opinions aside ... not "Scorpion" eh?
    Worfie actually already did that one in a side project IIRC.

I was hoping for DS9: "Rules of Engagement", personally. Had a plan to deconstruct the utterly inept frame-up and judge, up to and including Worf's JAGO (an OC instead of Sisko) threatening to sue the judge for judicial malpractice if she lets the Klingons use Klingon law instead of the SCMJ.

I'm doing "In the Beginning" with Brokosh for the redux. Got a rough idea how it'll go, even part of a scene with him consoling his very pregnant wife after he reveals he's signed on with the KDF.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not touching an episode rewrite.

Like to do something with reactions to Sela's comments when you bring a Romulan to Uneasy Allies, still making progress on something longer, there's a couple more segments I want done to make sure I've got the pacing how I like, that may be fun for prompt 1 with finding the right redux.

2 should be fun, a lot can be done with it with all sorts of fun captains. Maybe another faction trifecta. (They amuse me, at least, though the posts run long).
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    edited March 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    That's fine. :cool:

I have a sort-of second date tonight (LIFE EXPERIENCE!!!!!), and two papers coming up plus my Bio project and the 3 stories I haven't finished yet. >_<

So yeah, I totally understand. :)

Life experience for the win :cool:

I've just worked out just how old Aidoann t'Mirok actually is (207) so this gives me the opportunity to use another crew I rarely work with. Now, to choose a suitable LC for them all to appear in :cool:
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since I took too long working on some other stuff, I will try to get my "In memory of Spock" piece out on this ULC. No promises though...things are a bit chaotic right now.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited March 2015
    Life experience for the win :cool:

I've just worked out just how old Aidoann t'Mirok actually is (207) so this gives me the opportunity to use another crew I rarely work with. Now, to choose a suitable LC for them all to appear in :cool:

FSM, I don't know what to wear...but by His Noodly Appendage, I WILL find SOMEthing!

Ooh, that sounds awesome!

(Btw, what do you think of the new sigpic?)
    edited March 2015
    FSM, I don't know what to wear...but by His Noodly Appendage, I WILL find SOMEthing!

Ooh, that sounds awesome!

(Btw, what do you think of the new sigpic?)

Something clean's always a plus ;) Chinos and polo shirt're always a good staple... A polo shirt will always outclass any t-shirt, regsrdless of the brand, simply because it has a collar :cool:

Not sure if you ever read this entry, but I think Rufus and co may come out to play again :cool:

Shows Ba'al in all his regal majesty, rather than traipsing through the woods like a hillbilly, so definitely a thumbs up from me :cool:
    edited March 2015
    Something clean's always a plus ;) Chinos and polo shirt're always a good staple... A polo shirt will always outclass any t-shirt, regsrdless of the brand, simply because it has a collar :cool:

Not sure if you ever read this entry, but I think Rufus and co may come out to play again :cool:

Shows Ba'al in all his regal majesty, rather than traipsing through the woods like a hillbilly, so definitely a thumbs up from me :cool:

Yeah, starsword and takeshi were suggesting polos and button-downs. I found a decent pair of pants and a decent linen shirt, so I should be OK-ish.

Now that would be fun to see. *cool smiley*

LOL! *biggrin* I also have one that shows Jack O'Neill and a generic "You can't trust this Tau'ri!" slogan, and a great one with Apophis.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I recommend wearing pants. Nothing ruins a date faster than being arrested for indecent exposure.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    I recommend wearing pants. Nothing ruins a date faster than being arrested for indecent exposure.
    Huh. Well that explains that. ;)

*blink blink* I'm sure there's a story there but I'm not certain I want to know it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Huh. Well that explains that. ;)

Surely she wasn't offended by a kilt? They are, after all, fully legal even if the less common choice. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    edited March 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    Surely she wasn't offended by a kilt? They are, after all, fully legal even if the less common choice. ;)

Well, I wore a night-dress in public once...

You know, one of those thin white things? Frilly and old-fashioned?

Showcased my near-sickly pallor and unmanly lack of physique very, um, well.

:D
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, starsword and takeshi were suggesting polos and button-downs. I found a decent pair of pants and a decent linen shirt, so I should be OK-ish.

Now that would be fun to see. *cool smiley*

LOL! *biggrin* I also have one that shows Jack O'Neill and a generic "You can't trust this Tau'ri!" slogan, and a great one with Apophis.

It's always better to be over-dressed than under-dressed at a venue :cool:

I'll have to see what comes through, Aidoann's age has definitely opened some possibilities :cool:

Awesome :D
    edited March 2015
    It's always better to be over-dressed than under-dressed at a venue :cool:

I'll have to see what comes through, Aidoann's age has definitely opened some possibilities :cool:

Awesome :D

Nice khakis and a T-shirt with laser birds on it, worked like a charm. Never before have I talked about religion with a religious person for 40 minutes straight and had both of us come out feeling better about ourselves, each other, and the world.

(then again, the last time I talked about religion with a religious person was me being called a "godless heathen f*g" by somebody from a particular Baptist church with a certain reputation, so...)

I await a cool story. :cool:

Maybe I'll rotate them; I should definitely use the Apophis one next.
    edited March 2015
    Nice khakis and a T-shirt with laser birds on it, worked like a charm. Never before have I talked about religion with a religious person for 40 minutes straight and had both of us come out feeling better about ourselves, each other, and the world.

(then again, the last time I talked about religion with a religious person was me being called a "godless heathen f*g" by somebody from a particular Baptist church with a certain reputation, so...)

I await a cool story. :cool:

Maybe I'll rotate them; I should definitely use the Apophis one next.
    Glad to hear, and awesome, just takes the right conversation and the right person :cool:

I'll see what I can come up with. I can definitely see it being 'back in time', just a question of what, where, when and why :cool:

That could work, go with what works :D
    edited March 2015
    Glad to hear, and awesome, just takes the right conversation and the right person :cool:

I'll see what I can come up with. I can definitely see it being 'back in time', just a question of what, where, when and why :cool:

That could work, go with what works :D

Yeah, I had a pretty good time. It was nice.

Sweet. :cool: This oughta be good.

Uploaded a new one. Your thoughts?
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I had a pretty good time. It was nice.

Sweet. :cool: This oughta be good.

Uploaded a new one. Your thoughts?
    That's the whole point of a date, I hope things continue to go well for you both :cool:

Hopefully ^_^ I've still to go through the lists to find a challenge which gets my attention, and then need to see what they have to say in the subject :D But, fingers crossed...

Not so keen on that one, as it's simply winning votes by "Do you really want to vote for this guy...?" rather than "This is me..." Ba'al doesn't need to be shown to be better by comparison, he stands on his own merits :cool:

PS Thoughts on Lulu's latest scenes?
    edited March 2015
    Not to mention it shows Apophis in a relatively positive light in one respect: regardless of his other flaws he was one of the few System Lords to be INTENTIONALLY in the thick of it with his men.
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

edited March 2015
    That's the whole point of a date, I hope things continue to go well for you both :cool:

Hopefully ^_^ I've still to go through the lists to find a challenge which gets my attention, and then need to see what they have to say in the subject :D But, fingers crossed...

Not so keen on that one, as it's simply winning votes by "Do you really want to vote for this guy...?" rather than "This is me..." Ba'al doesn't need to be shown to be better by comparison, he stands on his own merits :cool:

PS Thoughts on Lulu's latest scenes?

Thank you.

H'mmm...maybe just use Freestyle and choose a community prompt?

Eh, point...although, Apophis is frankly an idiot, which is why Sovereign Ba'al likes to mock him...yeah, the other one's better. :D

I think Academy Daze is going well so far; frankly, I was more interested in seeing Chanos settling in as the prison's Big Good, but everything's nicely done. I'm super excited for the climax.
    edited March 2015
    Thank you.

H'mmm...maybe just use Freestyle and choose a community prompt?

Eh, point...although, Apophis is frankly an idiot, which is why Sovereign Ba'al likes to mock him...yeah, the other one's better. :-D

I think Academy Daze is going well so far; frankly, I was more interested in seeing Chanos settling in as the prison's Big Good, but everything's nicely done. I'm super excited for the climax.

No worries, the only advice I'd give, is take it one day at a time ^_^

Definitely prefer Ba'al getting his GoT on :D

Glad you're enjoying it, although a bit disapointed that Chanos' cameo has overshadowed all Lulu's appearances thus far :D (although I will admit, it is a seriously badass moment when he opens a can of whoopass on Daddy :D ) I think you'll like it, although there's still a ways to go yet :cool:
    edited March 2015
    I just like Chanos, and I'm happy to see that he's still finding a good purpose in life.

Lulu just hasn't been around long enough for me to care for her like I do Chanos. She is growing on me, though, despite my personal dislike of Funetik Aksents (too many Drizzt books, LOL).

Yeah, I have one with "SG-1 serves Ba'al. Vote with High General O'Neill, Supreme Marshal Carter, Mine Canary Jackson, and First Prime Teal'c! Hail Ba'al!" as well. But the Ba'al on his throne pic is my favorite. :D
    edited March 2015
    I just like Chanos, and I'm happy to see that he's still finding a good purpose in life.

Lulu just hasn't been around long enough for me to care for her like I do Chanos. She is growing on me, though, despite my personal dislike of Funetik Aksents (too many Drizzt books, LOL).

Yeah, I have one with "SG-1 serves Ba'al. Vote with High General O'Neill, Supreme Marshal Carter, Mine Canary Jackson, and First Prime Teal'c! Hail Ba'al!" as well. But the Ba'al on his throne pic is my favorite. :-D

His story's by no means finished yet, even if not necessarily in Academy Daze, this isn't the last we'll see of him :cool:

That's a fair comment, although you should hear it as it comes through, as it's much stronger than written, plus the dialect/vocabulary as well ;) Definitely one of the easiest characters I've worked with (for casting reference, Elize du Toit is spot on Lulu...)

It's definitely the throne :D And forgot to say, I'm going to go through all the lists and proposals to find the right challenge, I just haven't had the time to sit down to really think about it due to other projects :D