test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconian Invasion

xastirxxastirx Member Posts: 71 Arc User
This is a copy of an email sent to my Fed fleet and its KDF sister fleet. Hopefully the content of this message will give the devs a few extra ideas about how to proceed with this story arc that they haven't already thought of.

To All BES members,
CC: Chancellors Chosen fleet, Dahar Masters eradicatrix and atlantisman1

The Iconians have arrived in what looks like a prototype dyson sphere. Intelligence reports reveal that this very sphere was the one they used to flee to the andromeda galaxy hundreds of millenia ago. Inside this sphere the Iconians have been manipulating events in our galaxy as well as setting the denizens of other dimensions against our galaxy to try and divide us from within.

While inside that sphere with Empress Sela, I and my senior officers beheld the horror that is to come. For in this sphere it appeared to be night time. NIGHT!!! In a structure that has no habitable surface facing away from the sun, an environment where as far as sun position is concerned it is 12 P.M. at ALL TIMES!! But Sela pointed out that it cant possibly be "night" but rather the Iconian fleet is so large so massive in number, that their ships BLOTTED OUT THE SUN!!!

Based on what we know about Iconian ships, their destructive power, size and toughness, as well as our knowledge about dyson spheres, if the iconian fleet is large enough to bring "night" to the inside of a dyson sphere, and ASSUMING that their fleet exists strictly at orbital altitude above the "ground" inside, then there would have to be BILLIONS of ships in there. BILLIONS, to face off against the maybe...8000-9000 ships of the Federation, KDF and RR? And whatever allies we can muster from the Delta quadrant? That might bolster our numbers to maybe 75,000 ships. 75,000 ships against 100+ Billion enemy ships? This does not bode well. After conferring with my officers, there is only a few options that could allow us to survive the coming darkness. My engineer believes that we can use an iconian gate to open a 1-way portal to the core of that spheres sun. We could then fire a soranite probe fired into the core of their sun, destroying the sphere and the fleet in minutes. {OOC: for those of you who dont know what a soranite torpedo is, it is a reference to the solar probe that Soran used to destroy a few suns in star trek generations.} My first officer suggests contacting the faction of Undine that Janeway formed a rapport with. Maybe they can be convinced to get the rest of the Undine to back us up. One of my Bajoran officers suggested going into the wormhole to ask the "prophets for assistance. Or maybe see if they would release Captain Sisko. And another officer suggested that we seek the aid of the Dominion or the Q Continuum. We need more options! We need more time. But as you all can see, time is one thing we will have run out of once the doors of that sphere open. Remember, one of their frigates has enough firepower to send the mightiest borg vessels running towards death at the hands of the Undine. If the borg would prefer death at the hands of the Undine as opposed to the iconians weapons, then the Iconians are not to be underestimated.
Post edited by xastirx on

Comments

• Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hasn't the HUGE HOLY MASSIVE INVASION OF THE BIG BAD thing sort of gotten a little worn out?

Soran's sun-destroying torpedo as an exclusive lockbox weapon doesn't sit well with me.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lt Cumbrsome: "Sir, receiving transmission!"
    Cpt. Frownybrows: "Where from, from whom?"
    Lt Cumbrsome: "Location unknown sir, but the who... sir just look at the message."
    It reads:
    'We got this. - the 20k+ DPS channel'

Cpt. Frownybrows: "What."
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You mean the Herald invasion, because we're not actually fighting Iconians. In fact, we've only ever seen one.

Our Captain's have essentially murdered trillions of Voth, Undine, Borg, and other species throughout our careers. As far as I'm concerned, this "invasion" just another Tuesday of slaughtering trash mobs.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah... in short... we're ****ed.

Time to make a 5 parter diplomacy series Cryptic... Imma gonna need some Tholian, Breen, Undine, Borg and Dominion support on this one.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    * Looks around to ensure there's no Klingon's near *

I must admit, I was feeling kind of *cough* vulnerable when I saw the huge amount of ships at the end of the episode.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    risian4 wrote: »

I must admit, I was feeling kind of *cough* vulnerable when I saw the huge amount of ships at the end of the episode.

Yeah but somehow toven khev will suddenly show up and order your captain what to do.. and somehow some NPC will save the day... like Sela will somehow have a backdoor because you're captain is too incompetant to save one of the explosives from the Romulan ship and just blow the TRIBBLE out of Hakeevs door...

And you're Captain will be like "Oh thank you Toven for saving us... you're my hero..." and Toven and Sela will go and marry and have kids and everything will be right as rain...

and you're Captain will still be written as a total idiot.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    My Trill had a "Holy ####" moment... twice.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My toon's reaction when thinking about fighting all those ships…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAtcDYTZUi4
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    My Trill had a "Holy ####" moment... twice.

My toon had two as well. The first was that moment with VanZyl, the second was when I saw the Iconian/Herald fleet.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My reaction when thinking about fighting all those ships…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAtcDYTZUi4

Alternatively, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    You mean the Herald invasion, because we're not actually fighting Iconians. In fact, we've only ever seen one.

Our Captain's have essentially murdered trillions of Voth, Undine, Borg, and other species throughout our careers. As far as I'm concerned, this "invasion" just another Tuesday of slaughtering trash mobs.

Ah, just like classic Star Trek.

Remember kids join the federation, we have decent mental health professionals and the good happy drugs to allow you to survive this universe with your sanity some what intact...

Hopefully.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Reapers are coming, and they are so many, they'll block the light from the suns of our Homeworlds.

I heard Section 31 is looking for a Ghostly kid with 3 colored buttons. We are not doomed yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    The Reapers are coming, and they are so many, they'll block the light from the suns of our Homeworlds.

I heard Section 31 is looking for a Ghostly kid with 3 colored buttons. We are not doomed yet.

Section 31? I thought is was the temporal agency... and they were beginning their search next week...
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Section 31? I thought is was the temporal agency... and they were beginning their search next week...

I'd rather have Section 31 on the job. Their track record is sooooo much better. They actually do things. Not like the Temporal Agency who only showed up if they were done with their siesta and faffing.

I might only trust Drake as far as I can throw him but that's still a good few feet and he'll be there if he's needed so that I can throw him. The Temporal guys, they don't even show up!
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ah yes "Iconians" :P
  • Options
    sentinelbluesentinelblue Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I for one welcome our "reap..", I mean Iconian overlords with a ship full of non replicated bacon.

Don't worry something tells me they will follow the classic villain plan of onesie, twoesie ship attacks, cause the blitz tactic always fails.:eek:
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, they should make a SB 24 type PvE queue for these bad boys, you know, swarming so badly that if you arent methodical they will just tear you a new one. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, they should make a SB 24 type PvE queue for these bad boys, you know, swarming so badly that if you arent methodical they will just tear you a new one. :D

Theoretically they should be tearing us a new one even if we are methodical. I mean these are the big bads to end all big bads... nothing we should be able to do should be able to counter them.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Meh, bug after bug killed any immersion, which in term killed the supposed DOOOOOOOOM moment. Maybe if they'd used better cinematography or something, and hadn't given it all away with the last few weeks forth of dev blogs. Marketing people just don't comprehend the concept of spoilers.
  • Options
    sentinelbluesentinelblue Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Borg 2.0

They have a lot of ships, these ships regenerate damage and adapt to your weapons quickly. Pretty strong ship, so what does the plan call for.... ONE ship attacks a sector. Hey they defeated the one ship. New plan send another ONE ship. At least the dominion got it right and gave the alliance a run for their money and it only took virus to truly make them stop.
  • Options
    greenpushergreenpusher Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    risian4 wrote: »

I smiled. It looks like there will be plenty of targets for everyone!:D
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    With those numbers, the heralds must be small fry. Else there is no story-adaption of "how we defeated the them", at least not a sane one.

Though I can see getting an APU-Ship and playing Carter with their sun. Though in the End, that might just end like it did in andromeda...
  • Options
    sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Plot twist: Turns out the Heralds can be negotiated with. Because, you know, the Iconians are jerks. And seeing a whole other galaxy that they can stand alongside with to throw off their shackles, they'll be like, "Yeah. We can do this. We can actually do this. For the first time in thousands upon thousands of years we can break free of our oppressors and decide our own fate as a civilization."

Or maybe the final mission will involve fighting through the Mothership, sabotaging it along the way while the battle for the future of the Milky Way, and possibly Andromeda, rages outside. Then when we reach the end the entire room we're in changes to show us the battle taking place all around outside, letting us see just how futile this whole endeavor is. Add in some monologuing by an ominous voice, change the scenery to get glimpses of worlds conquered through time. Then either a.) we're still able to somehow accomplish the mission and disable/destroy/disrupt the mothership, or b.) this is where the time travel comes into play.

:)
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My rom toon had a TRIBBLE his pants momment when i had to fight the herald during my escape...talk about OP holy cow. :eek:
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Yeah... in short... we're ****ed.

Time to make a 5 parter diplomacy series Cryptic... Imma gonna need some Tholian, Breen, Undine, Borg and Dominion support on this one.

I would even consider a trip into the mirror universe to get Terran Empire help, they have a battle hardened military and they can do things that Starfleet command would look down on.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Well the new FE did point out that...

Spoilers

the Alliance has the advanatge of being able to travel through time while the Iconians can't becuase it drives them nuts

So there's that.
    • Options
      quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      I assume it'll be The Doctor that gets sent back in time. Because, obviously.
      w8xekp.jpg
    • Options
      kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Incoming message from starfleet command: Desk of Fleet Admiral Kintisho

I got this

End transmission.....
    • Options
      reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      hartzilla wrote: »
      Well the new FE did point out that...

Spoilers

the Alliance has the advanatge of being able to travel through time while the Iconians can't becuase it drives them nuts

So there's that.

False.

The iconians can send servitors instead. ^^ And they will.