test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, why does the new Featured Episode suck?

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
BECAUSE IT'S SO BADLY BUGGED!!!

There are numerous reasons why it can't be completed for many people. You can't even beam back to your ship and then continue the mission from where you left it.

Art, story, voice talent, it will never matter to me or many other players because we'll remember the first few times we tried it our time was wasted due to Cryptic not even being able to play test their stuff.
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd say it's a joke, but no one's laughing. Cryptic CANNOT do anything right. Literally.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I haven't played it yet, but seeing so many people complain about how it doesn't run smoothly, I'll wait until it does. This is typical of Cryptic though, to release an episode/event that doesn't work properly. They did it here, they did it with the CE event, and they've done it countless times before.

... and people wonder why I criticize them all the time? They can't even test their own content. :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    I'd say it's a joke, but no one's laughing. Cryptic CANNOT do anything right. Literally.

I hate the word 'literally' being misused. Your use of that word, however, was perfect.
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's be specific:

Mission: Uneasy Allies

Chapter: Destination Unknown

ISSUE:
    When your toon dies, the respawn point is behind a closed Iconian door.
    - Jumping off the ledge to respawn elsewhere is futile; same respawn point.
    - Beaming back to your ship does NOT allow the mission to be resumed.

ANOTHER ISSUE:
    When successfully completing the collimator consoles, the toon can progress to the ledge. After interacting with Taris, "Talk to Sela" is NOT possible, as Sela is not present on the ledge area.

Cryptic: Please fix. And allow those who can't finish the mission to resume it, NOT start the entire mission over again!

(Btw, in-game Chat is saying: Fly to Nopada System in Psi Velorum sector to find/get back into the mission...)
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had no problem with it and completed it twice. The game disconnected though when i went to do azura rescue.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BECAUSE IT'S SO BADLY BUGGED!!!

There are numerous reasons why it can't be completed for many people. You can't even beam back to your ship and then continue the mission from where you left it.

Art, story, voice talent, it will never matter to me or many other players because we'll remember the first few times we tried it our time was wasted due to Cryptic not even being able to play test their stuff.

Well if you ignore the Bugs it's kind of meh ... every map I've seen within this Episode was recycled ... except outside of Hakeev's Base (Abydos *cough, cough*) ... still better than no new FE ...

... the Story is ok-ish, but the Bugs kind of screwed it up for me at the end ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    shineshadowshineshadow Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm standing on this little ledge, looking out at a very nice giant mob of ships. Would be nice if there was anything to do or anywhere to go, though.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm at the Unknown Sphere and at the point where the Iconian Fleet find you. I'm supposed to talk to Sela and get back to the Gate but she's invisible...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm at the Unknown Sphere and at the point where the Iconian Fleet find you. I'm supposed to talk to Sela and get back to the Gate but she's invisible...

Same thing here ... probably for lots of people ... Beam out ... go to Nopoda-System ... look at Cutscence ... Mission over ...

My favorite Bug : Selas Freighter blowing up ...
  • Options
    titansupremetitansupreme Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why does the new episode suck? Because the Devs are idiots.
    2821j4m.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Finished, finally.

Dunno if I'll bother with the next two weeks unless there's some serious bug-fixing.

1) Sela isn't always interactable with in the gate room.

2) the slow-loading consoles in the sphere are just a pathetic excuse to give Denise Crosby more dialogue (which isn't very good, anyway).

2b) make the level continuable from Hobus, unless you want everyone to fly 1/4 of the way around the galaxy to continue (or place us outside of the relevant system like you used to do on old - good - missions).

3) being placed in the next section if you die in the collimator room ... bad.

4) Sela not showing up at the end.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sounds like some useful feedback is being given, no quibble with the thread itself, just needed to move it to the correct feedback forum.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, bugged is a strong word, but true here:

image-314188-62ca2a3a.jpg
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Guess I'm lucky, because I've only encountered one bug, at that was near the end standing on the platform, which was countered by beaming back to my ship and transiting back to the Nopada system then beaming back down.

As for the mission it's self I'm hoping there's more to come because it was overall rather disappointing. And yet again another time gated reward system (Not so bad really) the tech upgrade token it'll get used for something I guess.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Well, bugged is a strong word, but true here:

image-314188-62ca2a3a.jpg

What's going on with the Orion(?). She got a skin disease? :eek:
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    What's going on with the Orion(?). She got a skin disease? :eek:

Its called lowest graphic settings possible.
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After the fight with the freighter I couldn't go out from Red Alert until I moved out of its range.
  • Options
    titansupremetitansupreme Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why does it suck? Because Devs.
    2821j4m.jpg
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2015

same.

beam up to ship

go to psi velorum

go to nopada system.

bugged but appears to be passable.
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    jst455 wrote: »
    same. cannot progress. cannot finish mission.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Read the Thread ... Beam out ... go to "Nopada" System (Psi Verlorum Sector Block) ... continue Mission (only one Cutscene left) ... -> it's annoying but it (should) works
  • Options
    lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, the mission is completeable, but you miss the chunk of the mission where you escape the sphere after Sauron--I mean... the Iconian ship--spots you. I'm guessing that is where they intended to introduce the Heralds.
  • Options
    sfcpoeticsfcpoetic Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sfcpoetic wrote: »
    Perhaps you need to take a time-out and calm down a little, since it seems that you must think yourself as a very important player of this game to say stuff like [REDACTED] or whatever. Just by saying [REDACTED] you've invalidated your whole feedback. I doubt any developer or anyone who really matters will look at your post.

REDACTED - Because [REDACTED] is technically flaming and there's no need to propagate its further use. ~ Bluegeek
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It need's fixing and i mean it needs fixing asap, some of the bugs required a beam out and back in just as a work around but just about doable.

The invisible sela is also annoying as you can't get that objective done
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      edited March 2015
      Perhaps you need to take a time-out and calm down a little, since it seems that you must think yourself as a very important player of this game to say stuff like [REDACTED] or whatever. Just by saying [REDACTED] you've invalidated your whole feedback. I doubt any developer or anyone who really matters will look at your post.

No one looks at anything. That's the problem. :P
    • Options
      leod198leod198 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Can not talk to Sela in Gateroom. Secure Gateroom phase cannot be completed.
    • Options
      richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      Great! Another major fail due to Cryptics penchant for lack of testing. When are they gonna learn for f*** sake?!?! :mad:
      I'm guessing that this is also what happens after massive layoffs. I'm assuming that we can expect more of this in the future. :(
      RichardCranium63
      Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
      Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
      KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
      KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    • Options
      aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
      edited March 2015
      tucana66 wrote: »
      Let's be specific:

Mission: Uneasy Allies

Chapter: Destination Unknown

ISSUE:
      When your toon dies, the respawn point is behind a closed Iconian door.
      - Jumping off the ledge to respawn elsewhere is futile; same respawn point.
      - Beaming back to your ship does NOT allow the mission to be resumed.

ANOTHER ISSUE:
      When successfully completing the collimator consoles, the toon can progress to the ledge. After interacting with Taris, "Talk to Sela" is NOT possible, as Sela is not present on the ledge area.

Highlighted the part I'm stuck at as well , as Sela is nowhere to be found on that ledge .

Previously it sounded as if she pushed Taris off the ledge , but all I heard was a punching sound , and saw Taris falling .
      There was no indication of who punched her , as Sela was not present in that cutscene either .

... other then that , it was ok for me so far , apart from Taris's slightly manish VO ...