Install Arc
Options

Cryptic THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!

2»

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Maybe it's me not being used to Cryptic listening to the community but I'm still sceptical and reluctant to shower Cryptic with praise. Listening to feedback and responding to the metrics of the pve queues to me are two different things unless you count the community's voice somehow speaking through the metrics but then that's open to interpretation as to what those metrics are telling Cryptic and why.

I'll judge them on what they do and let the community as a whole decide. It sounds like a step in the right direction but I'll expect something to compensate this positive step (maybe the new pilot boff seats is the counterpoint).

Between the complaints and the metrics, they should realize people need to feel more rewarded for ground queues which is why they're in such a sorry state in general.

What the metrics don't tell them, but the forums do is that the spec grind is still a source of complaints and they should double the XP gained at level 60 or halve the XP needed for a spec point.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Pvp wasn't removed though.

Your point?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Between the complaints and the metrics, they should realize people need to feel more rewarded for ground queues which is why they're in such a sorry state in general.

What the metrics don't tell them, but the forums do is that the spec grind is still a source of complaints and they should double the XP gained at level 60 or halve the XP needed for a spec point.
    Doing so would also benefit them financially, as readily available spec points certainly wouldn't discourage people from filling new trees and buying new ships.

As it stands, I skipped Command entirely and have very little interest in grinding Pilot either. Some measure of grind is to be expected, but there's a limit to everything; post-nerf DR is far beyond mine.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    I'm far more interested in the Surgical Strikes nerf.

What do you mean?! Bort didn't listen to community feedback at all (or listened, but decided to ignore it all).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »

The Mirror Invasion event, for example, got a lot of my level 50 captains to level 53-54.

The level 50 captain I ran through all but two days of the CE event has made it to 51 through it. Now this is only doing normals as I wanted the shard and not the crafting mats with a good chance of eating the bug.

Doing non-DR story lines gives not even a level for an arc, quite the change from a level per mission of under 50. I've got one 60, a plasma torp boat captain. Roasting the Vaaduar inside their shields turned out to be much faster than plinking away with energy weapons, which means running the missions on my non-decked out captains using conventional setups is nothing but a slog.

The 60+ levels come so slowly I've just considered them to be like Highlander II and not exist. Now that Argala has a cooldown they should consider adjusting the time-to-level to work with non-Argala grinding instead of being punitive for anything but Argala grinding.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    oh i didnt see this well patience is a virtue I guess thanks. This autofail option was kinda wierd considering the type of content it was. It was a wonderful tool for trolling pugs though.

I might consider doing some pugs again now we shall see. I wasn't a huge stf person beforehand, but I did jump in them once and awhile for a quick thing to do if the spirit moved me.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Before I foolishly logged off and got locked out I did Azure once. We actually made the optional by 1 second. Strong group. We had 9 points and freed a 5 pointer as the clock expired. It was indeed as fun as I remembered trying to do the optional without the miserable fear of getting the 'goodbye loser' statement. There was a lag of about 30 seconds where no warbirds spawned after freeing the first 4.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I'm glad they made this change, I have to echo what some others have said: This should have been made months ago. Yeah, they want to "check the metrics" but they shouldn't need 6 months to do that. The queues have been empty for months.

I'm not criticizing them per se, I'm just saying that it would be nice if they moved a bit quicker. This was a pretty easy change to make and it was easy to see that it needed to be made 5 months ago.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cecil08 wrote: »
    I'm not criticizing them per se, I'm just saying that it would be nice if they moved a bit quicker. This was a pretty easy change to make and it was easy to see that it needed to be made 5 months ago.

Ahh , but first they had to get all the $$$ they could with their DR & Upgrade changes .

The metric numbers must have shown that they sucked all the $$$ that they could from the feeble minded on that front, thus it was time to announce a quick fix to the queues ... but not before announcing a brand new recruitment incentive (Delta Recruiting) to start the numbers game again, on old and new players alike .

... All Of This Has Happened Before And Will Happen Again ...
    - BSG
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, it's taken FAR longer to get this fixed then it should have - in fact, it shouldn't have been implemented at all!

However, I am still giving thanks for their fixing it. After all, they could have just conintued ingonring it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    After all, they could have just conintued ingonring it...

If profits weren't down.. they would have.
    Insert witty signature line here.