test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
This brings us to our final major planned change and perhaps the most important – Advanced difficulty PvE queues will no longer fail for not completing the mission objectives that had previously been optional on Normal difficulty.

Enough said!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Agreed, This goes a long way to get me playing queues again.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The number don't lie, the current system made the ques undesirable and created an exodus not just from the ques but from the game in general.

It's sad that it took them this long to realize their mistake, but I am happy to see them FINALLY taking steps to fix it.

After the Patch, I will play the Azure que frequently, I'll continue to ignore every other que until they are fixed as well. It will be nice once this is fully implemented and ques might actually be fun again.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jury is still out on if they have noticed at all. the previous ep did the same thing once and that bought him a few months at most. fyi, this stuff is still coming out is from under d'angelo's watch still, so i have yet to see the new ep come up with anything yet. however this may have been a farewell peace offering from d'angelo more then anything else? who knows.

in a few months time, we will see whats what
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It was THE number one reason I didn't like playing so much after Delta Rising aside from the story missions and battlezones that kept me playing. Now if only they'd triple our XP gain or something, I'll be infinitely happier and feel playing more, adding all this new specialization stuff is pointless (no pun intended) if casuals can never earn the points for them.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The change is a right one in my opinion but no thanks to cryptic over this from me.

If at all I thank the players making use of it and continue to give STO a chance after all that happened the past 6 months.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm far more interested in the Surgical Strikes nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hope there is a reward-reduction, so the now no-failing-normal-objective gives a boost only to those who are able to complete it.

I dont care wether same reward than before if you complete it or more reward (same as before + bonus of new "optional"), but it should make a difference wether or not you are able to.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just need one one change and the damage from Delta Rising would be completely healed, reduce the XP for each level past level 60.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    indeed a move in the right direction.

I would also like to say thanks for this, I reported this some time ago and its nice to see they have fixed it at last.
    >>>>>>
    Romulan players with a Risian Luxury Cruiser can reclaim the Soliton Wave Generator console from the Dilithium store.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    The change is a right one in my opinion but no thanks to cryptic over this from me.

Agreed, I'm happy about the change but no way I'm going to thank them.

This should have been done months ago, they have done everything they can to ignore player feedback and now on the heels of profit loss and layoffs they're finally forced to listen.

It's been obvious for months now that players don't like the changes they made to the ques. This should have been fixed before players started voting with their wallets.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Hope there is a reward-reduction, so the now no-failing-normal-objective gives a boost only to those who are able to complete it.
    It sounds like it is, except maybe for elite content where all the optionals are completed.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Just need one one change and the damage from Delta Rising would be completely healed, reduce the XP for each level past level 60.
    That almost sounds like you want it to take longer to gain a spec point.

I assume you mean, reduce the XP required for each level past 60.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    Enough said!

It only took them half a year to reverse the monumental mistake they originally made that drove away players and killed the endgame. They were warned for months about it and did nothing. If we're lucky, they'll also figure out that the queues should award more than a piddling 3k XP each to entice players to do them again. Maybe in another 6 months.
  • Options
    elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I cant get excited until these fixes affect a relevant stf, like one that awards bnp. Do you guys think they started with a Q that only awards normal marks on purpose?
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I cant get excited until these fixes affect a relevant stf, like one that awards bnp. Do you guys think they started with a Q that only awards normal marks on purpose?

Could be. But could also be that they started with ANRA because metrics told them so and this mission has suffered the most from fails and lack participation.

They also know that peeps are eager to run Borg STF anyway because they are the only long term fun maps cryptic was able to produce the last four years.

Rest is just played till reputes are filled and/or recourses (mats, salvage, dil) are gathered as quickly as possible for the day.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its nice to see that cryptic is listening regards queues. Lets hope it will get most or all queues active again. Cryptic please let dead queues be a thing of the past.
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

If at all I thank the players making use of it and continue to give STO a chance after all that happened the past 6 months.

I'd like to think that, once they make the spec point gain more friendly, it might even be possible to convince people to come back. Whether people like it or not, the game suffered badly and it was entirely avoidable since the tribble testers (myself included) said DR was going to cause real issues. But what do us players supposedly know? :rolleyes:
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I actually think Azure is a good choice. The pug fail rate is very high. Borg Disconnected is another good choice and is much higher fail still.

Look, it's all fine and good to say - oh these missions don't require dps they require communication. This is simply not going to happen in the pug. The mission just fails and people have stopped playing it. The only choices are to allow people to complete it and have fun or not play and remove it from the game. That is the reality. It's pathetic to say how many times I've freed 12 borg in BDA and the rest of the team freed Zero. If the changes go to all queues now at least they can be pugged and the players doing a decent job can get their materials.

I remember in December I got so frustrated I started doing elite stf channel runs. Sure, the success was 100% however I was waiting 15 to 30 minutes to get a game. I quit that by January. The STO pug is what is lovable about this game aside from Trek. Here's hoping to see her revitalized!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I actually think Azure is a good choice. The pug fail rate is very high. Borg Disconnected is another good choice and is much higher fail still.

Look, it's all fine and good to say - oh these missions don't require dps they require communication. This is simply not going to happen in the pug. The mission just fails and people have stopped playing it. The only choices are to allow people to complete it and have fun or not play and remove it from the game. That is the reality. It's pathetic to say how many times I've freed 12 borg in BDA and the rest of the team freed Zero. If the changes go to all queues now at least they can be pugged and the players doing a decent job can get their materials.

I remember in December I got so frustrated I started doing elite stf channel runs. Sure, the success was 100% however I was waiting 15 to 30 minutes to get a game. I quit that by January. The STO pug is what is lovable about this game aside from Trek. Here's hoping to see her revitalized!

I completely understand the feeling. I stopped doing queues when the wait times got too long, and the wait times got too long because the times people played, they often failed. And I personaly have no patience for organizing any runs. (And yes, that means I am part of the single player mentality that "ruins" the multiplayer aspects of this MMO.)

It might be sad that players seem not capable to coordinate better in PUGs and beat the quite doable chances, but things are what they are. You can't ignore reality for the sake of some idealistic concepts of what players should be.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The STO pug is what is lovable about this game aside from Trek. Here's hoping to see her revitalized!

100% agreed. i'm glad to see these changes coming. i'm not a nervous or anxious person, but sometimes, i would have almost destroyed my pc, after several consecutive failures :P
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The STO pug is what is lovable about this game aside from Trek. Here's hoping to see her revitalized!

Agreed x1000!

STO used to be a game I could just log into, pick a random que, join a quick pick up group and just play and have fun.

The DR Que changes killed that completely and took almost all the fun out of the game. I'm hoping this is a step back toward how it was before their unnecessary, unrequested, and unwanted que changes that came with DR.
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    This has gone backwards in my opinion.....
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you still have elite stfs
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Agreed x1000!

STO used to be a game I could just log into, pick a random que, join a quick pick up group and just play and have fun.

The DR Que changes killed that completely and took almost all the fun out of the game. I'm hoping this is a step back toward how it was before their unnecessary, unrequested, and unwanted que changes that came with DR.

Absolutely right. The DR queue changes were a monumental foulup.
    This game is meant to be fun and with all busy PVE queues, Not dead queues.
    Hopefully cryptic will speedily return things to the way they were, with all busy queues.
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe it's me not being used to Cryptic listening to the community but I'm still sceptical and reluctant to shower Cryptic with praise. Listening to feedback and responding to the metrics of the pve queues to me are two different things unless you count the community's voice somehow speaking through the metrics but then that's open to interpretation as to what those metrics are telling Cryptic and why.

I'll judge them on what they do and let the community as a whole decide. It sounds like a step in the right direction but I'll expect something to compensate this positive step (maybe the new pilot boff seats is the counterpoint).
  • Options
    tenoholtenohol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Now if only they would upgrade characters models and movements..... now they look like game was made in the 90's.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe it's me not being used to Cryptic listening to the community but I'm still sceptical and reluctant to shower Cryptic with praise. Listening to feedback and responding to the metrics of the pve queues to me are two different things unless you count the community's voice somehow speaking through the metrics but then that's open to interpretation as to what those metrics are telling Cryptic and why.

I'll judge them on what they do and let the community as a whole decide. It sounds like a step in the right direction but I'll expect something to compensate this positive step (maybe the new pilot boff seats is the counterpoint).

Given their history of distracting with a shiny while a trainwreck happens as people are looking at said shiny, yeah I'm going to agree with this.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A step in the right direction, but a long, LONG way to go.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    It was THE number one reason I didn't like playing so much after Delta Rising aside from the story missions and battlezones that kept me playing. Now if only they'd triple our XP gain or something, I'll be infinitely happier and feel playing more, adding all this new specialization stuff is pointless (no pun intended) if casuals can never earn the points for them.

Doubling it would be good enough. That is the one bad thing left over from DR, the slow grueling spec grind.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The "community's voice" are those individuals who chose to log onto the forums (or other social networking channels) and decide to contribute to active discussion (two points of sampling bias). The shape that discussion takes is in part a process of reasoned debate but it is also largely just a matter of demographics. Ie. what part of the game's population most readily chooses to engage in online discussions about game mechanics and developments. If its one more than another (which almost certainly the case), their interests more strongly determine just what the "community's voice" is asking for.

It is not representative, which isn't to say "its always wrong" but just to point out that the community's voice is not equivalent to a boss whose opinion should be held as the ultimate authority for shaping STO's development. The operative phrase is "special interest group."

Not listening to the voice therefore isn't necessarily bad, its incidentally what you would expect from the error term associated in the voice's statistical unreliability (sometimes its in line with more objective developments, sometimes it isn't.) To the special interest group an irreverent dev might be a sore point but to the game its not necessarily a problem unless that group can argue effectively from the standpoint of objective game design (which is almost never the case with player-based gaming communities) while the dev's just try to exercise their view of what gaming ought to be irrespective of how well their game functions (for a dev in that position, see. Bungie.)

Metrics on the other hand are representative of the measurable responses of the game's population (because that is what they are). Where you can't rely on a voice to show you how people (not just those you may consider as "people) respond, you can use in-game statistics though you are left to interpret much less explicit data. Never the less because you get around the problem of bias with a whole population data source it is a more dependable especially when supplemented by reasoned arguments from the community (ie. feedback) which in providing numerous points of view may incidentally find correct interpretations where a single dev may not (see. the point of intelligent discourse even when handling quantitative data).

Therefore, I am going to shower the devs with praise for this one. They seem to be balancing data and argument to find a better equilibrium for advanced difficulty. It might not be as responsive as one may like, but the more considerate approach is probably less likely to create additional problems (and lock us into a perpetual crisis management cycle).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pvp wasn't removed though.