Install Arc
Options

Advanced PVE Queue Changes

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isn't it wonderful that this has turned into nothing more than a pissing contest? Some software companies would put an end to this sort of argument on their forums very quickly, but it seems that PWE lost control of their forums a long time ago...

Checked my PM's today and -- huh. No report from you or anyone else this thread was going south.
    It's the weekend...unfortunately moderation tends to be light unless folks spam the Hell out of askray or bluegeek over something. Hell, even during the week, imho, there's more going on than just two volunteer mods could be expected to handle with the countless number of posts going on...but yeah, the weekend - meh - it tends to be worse. :(

Yeah, unfortunately.

Well, it's a new week and we're back on. As this is an official news thread, it's up to Trendy to close or not to close. But reporting posts via PM is welcome. We volunteers don't get tickets from CS, and we don't try to read every single thread let alone every single post.

We kinda have to go with the assumption that if nobody's reporting it, then nobody's offended and there's no problem. Unless we happen to see it and it's bad enough to step in and do something.

My "How-To PM" is right there in my signature.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this game is garbage , these newcomers do not have any idea of the difficulty of the STF , and consequently hinder you. should have a level limit for these new players . Barring their entry into advanced and elite levels .:mad::mad::mad:

The issue is not with new players, but with the supposed entry level for end-game -- Standard (aka Normal) level.

The level has no enticement for new players to use this for learning therefore they go to the level with reasonable reward (to include the item needed for buying gear in certain Rep systems).

The game needs to give Standard level some real meaning which means equipment reward, such as playing a certain number of missions and the players will receive a MK XI version of the gear associated with mission (ground or space). The player will have to complete the mission objective to pass the evaluation the required number of time (5-10 plays through the missions associated with the Rep, not a specific mission). Also the Standard need to give the special items for reward at least once per day along with the 55 mark reward per day for that Rep.

If Standard levels are given real purpose then new players will go there to learn tactics and techniques needed for higher difficulty play in Advanced and Elite (that is how I played in the old system and wish it was still the same). :o
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Checked my PM's today and -- huh. No report from you or anyone else this thread was going south.

Yeah, unfortunately.

Well, it's a new week and we're back on. As this is an official news thread, it's up to Trendy to close or not to close. But reporting posts via PM is welcome. We volunteers don't get tickets from CS, and we don't try to read every single thread let alone every single post.

We kinda have to go with the assumption that if nobody's reporting it, then nobody's offended and there's no problem. Unless we happen to see it and it's bad enough to step in and do something.

My "How-To PM" is right there in my signature.

I know its not your department but Its a shame the "report" button is gone.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I know its not your department but Its a shame the "report" button is gone.

Supposedly it's still there, but hidden...have to do something via the URL to do it. I can't remember what it was though...meh.
  • Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is suppose to be a test to try out this new optional system. In patch notes there is a specific link to the dev. blog for this. And ask to discuss in forums presumably with the idea of someone reading and see hey this works or hey this needs to be looked at.

This hasn't been tested thus would require special attention from the QA team on this one thread. Not the myriad threads that cover everything from how to build a good dps set.

This is not working. Not working as in ships do not show up. We just did an Azure Rescue Advanced where we had 7 ships in 12 minutes and all ship were rescued. I took a screen shot of the end results. Someone want to explain how 4 tliss, 2 delan and 1 ha'apax is even remotely attainable for two optionals requiring 10 points each. Especially if the ships no not show up.

And it seems to be getting worse. Thursday they would spawn enemy npcs but no ship to rescue, now they aren't even spawning the enemy npcs.
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pre Delta Rising, I was running Azure advanced and all stf advanced without issue, and without dying, just with a ship full mk XII

now my Manasa T6, with full weapons and tact console Mk XIV, and rest of equipement mk XIII, I died 2 times in Azure advanced.
    Ok maybe trying to solo a group of tholians for a ship 3 (Ha'apax) was not a wise idea, but still.

Also ya, I haven't done enough azure advanced to give a real % but on many the numbers of spawn was not enough to hit the 10 points. especially when you have 4 ship T'liss "1"
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • Options
    persephone51313persephone51313 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I appreciate the change of the required objectives now being optional, however IMO the "rescue 10 points" needs to be reverted to "rescue X ships (where X=3 or 4)." Many times, even if the team has the dps (or TBR's) to rescue ships at all 4 locations (which is about all you have time for with the 2 optional timers), if the total of those 4 aren't 10 points then it is a no go...and most of the times that is the case.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    What I have to ask - and I will remind you that (1) The game itself offers neither advice on what "ready" looks like nor guidance to find that help, and (2) due to the fact that ESD is kind of an awful place a lot of people play without zone chat turned on - is this. How are people supposed to know if their characters are ready? How are they supposed to know how to make their characters ready?

Granted but, really player's should be smart enough to learn on their own and, besides.

Just like if you want to research just about anything, a simple search engine like google, can get you quite a bit of information related to this game and, what it cannot do, you can get from other player's willing to offer it and/or possibly from the forums.

All of which, the people most complain about not being ready for advanced, seemingly do not ever bother to use!

IMO, the excuses in most of the threads, is like disease.

Just keeps growing and, gets ever worse!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    camenecius#5698 camenecius Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I appreciate the change of the required objectives now being optional, however IMO the "rescue 10 points" needs to be reverted to "rescue X ships (where X=3 or 4)." Many times, even if the team has the dps (or TBR's) to rescue ships at all 4 locations (which is about all you have time for with the 2 optional timers), if the total of those 4 aren't 10 points then it is a no go...and most of the times that is the case.

Having played it a few times, I agree the current optional objectives need tweaking.

I didn't think I'd mind the randomness despite how much the RNG hates me, but after feeling the "All Ones" frustration, I do think at least one optional should always be *possible*.

I've also tried to organize some groups to use the original advanced strategy (tank and trac), but one time I got a "this can't be done so calm down" from somebody I'm guessing wasn't a total noob. It only takes one or two fatalists on the team to assure failing both optionals, so this perception has to be addressed.

So, I'd like to see something like the ship-based objective come back too, maybe "do 4 ships in 5 minutes for 10 marks" and then an easier "do 6 ships in 8 minutes" that overlaps with the previous time/ship objective so you're still rewarded for trying even if there's a bad throw of the RNG.
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay, precious, if that makes you feel better.

Reality hurts it seams. ;)
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is suppose to be a test to try out this new optional system. In patch notes there is a specific link to the dev. blog for this. And ask to discuss in forums presumably with the idea of someone reading and see hey this works or hey this needs to be looked at.

This hasn't been tested thus would require special attention from the QA team on this one thread. Not the myriad threads that cover everything from how to build a good dps set.

This is not working. Not working as in ships do not show up. We just did an Azure Rescue Advanced where we had 7 ships in 12 minutes and all ship were rescued. I took a screen shot of the end results. Someone want to explain how 4 tliss, 2 delan and 1 ha'apax is even remotely attainable for two optionals requiring 10 points each. Especially if the ships no not show up.

And it seems to be getting worse. Thursday they would spawn enemy npcs but no ship to rescue, now they aren't even spawning the enemy npcs.

Yeah, it is a pity this is so bugged at the moment.

They do need to fix problem with all those 1 point ships spawning if this is to work, and they probably need to set rewards bit higher (I get more per time unit doing ground on New Romulus then doing ANR now).
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bjornfried wrote: »
    Please if you keep "adjusting" things all the time all you achive is, you just ruin the playability of those STF's.

And please adjust those spheres and probes in th Borg STFS on advanced to more normal stats. Cubes are weaker than spheres?
    Since when?
    Spheres where mearly escape pods with some weapons attached, in the canon Trek universe.

Anyway!
    It is just nearly imposible to win this ****. Even with "T 6" Ship.
    Or just scrap the stupid idea of not letting any probes through the time gate.

Its always either the ships that are to weak in your team, or the people are to stupid to play as a team.
    I mean neither my T5 U nor my T 6 is able to stop the probes alone anymore! It wasn't that way last Month.
    Half of my Fleet isnt playing anymore becaus eof that and we are about 80"on the paper".

And i swear, when i see only one ****ing mixed weapon T-6 ship, in those "advanced" misisons again... I will scream so loud, even you murricans will have bleeding eardrums. Its "T 6"! Those are ment to be equiped to the optimum.
    If you not get it, dont fly advanced Misisons.
    It is the least you cretains can do. Holy*** is it anyoing to try to get your nanites for your projects these days.

Ummm, no!

Spheres were battle ready Borg vessels, not cannon fodder shuttles!

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Borg_sphere

http://s2.postimg.org/wjty52bla/Borg_Fleet.png [quite a few, that we never even see]
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also... tachyon beams are way overpowered.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2015
    bjornfried wrote: »
    Please if you keep "adjusting" things all the time all you achive is, you just ruin the playability of those STF's.

And please adjust those spheres and probes in th Borg STFS on advanced to more normal stats. Cubes are weaker than spheres?
    Since when?
    Spheres where mearly escape pods with some weapons attached, in the canon Trek universe.

Anyway!
    It is just nearly imposible to win this ****. Even with "T 6" Ship.
    Or just scrap the stupid idea of not letting any probes through the time gate.

Its always either the ships that are to weak in your team, or the people are to stupid to play as a team.
    I mean neither my T5 U nor my T 6 is able to stop the probes alone anymore! It wasn't that way last Month.
    Half of my Fleet isnt playing anymore becaus eof that and we are about 80"on the paper".

And i swear, when i see only one ****ing mixed weapon T-6 ship, in those "advanced" misisons again... I will scream so loud, even you murricans will have bleeding eardrums. Its "T 6"! Those are ment to be equiped to the optimum.
    If you not get it, dont fly advanced Misisons.
    It is the least you cretains can do. Holy*** is it anyoing to try to get your nanites for your projects these days.

simple

The cubes need to be a lot stronger..................A lot stronger spheres are fine like they are
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I think we seem to missing a little but important point here...

Normal STF's are meant for the 'fresh 50' group, people who either don't have the experience or proper gear to handle higher difficulties.

Advanced is suppose to be for 50+ who generally know what's going on and have some good gear.

Elite is meant for those 'High-DPS' people and those who find Advanced too easy.

That said, I do believe that the enemies (shperes mostly) in Infected Space Advanced are too tanky for the level of difficulty that Advanced is suppose to be, and even the firepower of the spheres is a bit overdone, though that could be the fact that there are more of them now...

Also there will always be people who (wrongly) believe they can handle Advanced when they should be in Normal, unfortunately there's little that can be done to prevent these people from biting off more than they can chew, so the Devs will have to adjust the difficulty slightly to ease the load on the other team members who have to 'carry' these people.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    Also... tachyon beams are way overpowered.

Feels like one of those misplaced decimal moments, yeah?
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Azure Nebula Rescue isn't working with current optional goals.

You'll either have to lock the first ships so they make up 10, lower the points needed for the optional or something wild and fun.
    Because starting the the map and seeing 4 ships that are 1 point each doesn't look good for the optional, funny enough that happened on a run to me today. 4 ones then the next ship to spawn was a 1 then 2 and after that 5 when the timer was almost over.

Maybe add an optional with a shorter timer to do while you free the ships. Like there's in VCE in the first part. But this time make it in a way it doesn't cause a failure every time.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2015
    Azure nebula rescue Advanced

Full Mk XIV Antiproton build on tactical command battlecruiser(w/Elte scorpion fighters), medium-high crits (Base CrtH 16.7%, base CrtD 81% with at least +40-60 and [over] mod on each beam), ISA reads 18-24k DPS depending on the quality of the pug.

I can barely damage Orb Weavers, not to mention that tarantulas and recluses take like 1-3 minute pounding by the whole team to be destroyed. I should be able to wipe the small ships out with the opening volley with gear I invested so much zen and lobi into on Advanced.

Plus i got killed 12 times on the last "Advanced" i tried @ Azure nebula rescue. It's so logical to have my ship have 50-60k hitpoints and 900 dps per weapon while every opponent frigate has 200k+ hitpoints and every weapon deals 2-5k dps minimum damage to players. Real good logic there.

Aren't you tweaking this stuff a little too high? This shouldn't be called Advanced, you should introduce nightmare mode and maybe give refined dilithium as a reward or a few zen for all optionals and mandatories cleared on Nightmare mode and leave normal, advanced and elite alone.

The PvE queues are getting unplayable, even the normal difficulty ones that should be playable with loot-dropped mk xi - xii gear are quite difficult to clear. And the thing that pisses me off the most on "normal", can't clear all optionals with my current build that is all crafted and upgraded and lobi store stuff. Sucks bigtime.

You're pushing it too much because of a few exploiters who find loopholes, making it impossible for the rest of us to even bother trying, let alone enjoy the game.

I think they want you to use a science ship and push the bad guys out of range then grav well them

Then go rescue the ship

Cryptic doesn't want you to even shoot the bad guys

just sell you a science ship :/
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're doing ANRA wrong. One player (tank) grabs aggro, a second player sneaks in and releases the ships. The only issue is the Recluses pack FAW which interrupt the interaction, though ideally the tank trains the Tholians out of range. There's no reason to actually kill the ships, just grab their attention. They hit hard enough that you'll want to group as 3 and 2 or if your team is weak, 5-man everything.

Remember how this game is actually supposed to have the MMORPG holy grail of the three classes? Tank is back again, baby!

It's quite easy. I'm doing a lot of ANRA as I'm farming it for the Gas, and I can reasonably often get both optionals, depending on my team. It's still RNG-based, of course, depending on what spawns.
  • Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could be, but again, special strategies and such powerful opponents shouldn't be in Advanced, they should be either Elite or Nightmare mode.

Infected Space Advanced proves otherwise.

The fact that it's so popular that everyone knows how to do it doesn't disprove the point. It requires special tactics or overwhelming DPS, just like ANRA.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    So, two months on from the dev blog about these up coming changes... Are we any closer to them actually coming into effect? I've actually been playing more of the game since the new Iconian queued missions went up since it's now possible to do advanced with a pug, even if you fail the optionals about 60% of the time, you can still complete the missions so it's more fun than spending an hour failing mission after mission because people either don't know how to handle the new objectives or simply don't understand that 4K dps no longer cuts it for these objectives.

I'd really like to be able to play the old faithful missions with pugs again. Just for a bit more variety.

Also, have you guys paid attention to the feedback for the changes to Azure Nebula rescue? By that I mean the fact that the optional should actually be possible to do and not require 10 points of ships when it's RNG is only giving you 4 points worth of ships to free...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!