test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, can something please be done with Dilithium Ore.

Comments

• hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    a3001 wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1378031

So....37 days have elapsed between thread above to current thread. *Hits reset*

lol could also mean that something needs to be done about dil refinement
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    How about using unrefined dil for upgrading and refined dil for everything else. Read this in another post. Seems like a good idea.

we would all love to remove or bypass the refine cap especially for crafting and upgrading but you need to look at the negative effects and realise its just not worth it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if I had $1 for every time this subject has come up I could buy all the dilithium I will ever need for life, isn't it about time they labelled this subject FCT, still its good for a laugh I suppose and boy does it make me laugh.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is already too much dil in the market! I can't wait to see even more dil sinks in because there is so darn much refined dil around now and the last thing casuals like myself need is for more inflation of it! There is no need to upgrade very much except certain items you might consider favorite but things like rarity and stuff never need be messed with, and I never for example upgrade ship set items, I get by just fine with XII. We don't NEED more refined dilithium to go around, actually less. Nor do we need to upgrade everything. Less is more when you know what you are doing.

And making unrefined usable in any form also makes inflation worse because that would devalue refined dil as well. Things are fine, but we need LESS dil right now in the market to keep a proper balance between zen and dil value which is starting to get out of whack badly and it's hurting.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    we would all love to remove or bypass the refine cap especially for crafting and upgrading
    Over the long term, it would have the same effect in reducing overall refined dilithium as any other dil sink.

Very few are the players such as the OP who have hundreds of thousands if not millions of unrefined dil stocked up.
    but you need to look at the negative effects and realise its just not worth it.
    Feel free to outline any negative effects an unrefined dil sink could produce. Hopefully you can come up with something I haven't.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A BIG FAT NO to the OP request!
    Any reason?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any reason?

Yes, the OP clearly hasn't bothered to spend any of it so, spend some!

The OP says it isn't useful, yeah ok we all know it's useless right? *Sarcasm intended*

The OP says, it cannot be exchanged with other character's, well yes it can among your own!

If someone is stockpiling dilithium, than either they really don't need it and, shouldn't worry about it or, they need spend it and, stop hoarding something that may actually help them.

We don't need, mass amounts of dilithium toon farmer's, flooding the market with absurdly cheap dilithium, simple!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• andyy22andyy22 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We don't need, mass amounts of dilithium toon farmer's, flooding the market with absurdly cheap dilithium, simple!

Correct, thats why i would propose a 1.5-2.5x daily limit increase, but make it account wide. So extra dil. farm toons become useless. I don't see the point of limiting dil. ore conversion ratio, if it can be circumvented using dil. farm alts.
    You should create a alt for the sake of playing differently not using them to circumvent some kind of limit. Its always a indicator for poor game design if alts are created/used to circumvent some per character limit.

PS: Cryptic wont change any of this anyway, we are way to late for any major change on this subject.
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If someone is stockpiling dilithium, than either they really don't need it and, shouldn't worry about it or, they need spend it and, stop hoarding something that may actually help them.

Exactly. Players are not supposed to be hoarding that much dilithium. They're supposed to be spending it as they go along playing the game. If people are sitting on a such a huge reserve of ore that it will take them months and months just to refine it all, all they were doing was earning dilithium for the sake of earning it, and not because they were storing that much for a specific purchase.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    minababe wrote: »
    Exactly. Players are not supposed to be hoarding that much dilithium. They're supposed to be spending it as they go along playing the game. If people are sitting on a such a huge reserve of ore that it will take them months and months just to refine it all, all they were doing was earning dilithium for the sake of earning it, and not because they were storing that much for a specific purchase.

I'm a causal player and I used to never refine the cap limit, but chasing specialization points plus the recent increase in Dilithium rewards plus the CE event and I find that that I have nearly a quarter of million unrefined ore. I spend it as fast as I can refine it as I'm a long way from completely my Fleet Holdings and upgrades.

There you have it- an entire month needed to refine and I didn't even try to get it as such.

Even so, I don't support increasing the refining limit.

I think if they do anything, they'll decrease the current rewards. So I view my growing amount of ore as a nest egg for when that happens.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just HOW many times does this topic have to be brought up.

Seriously, close it down, make it a F.C.T.

Even sick of providing the one word answer to why NO.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I fully support this idea, because like the OP I have also large amounts of dilithium which I am unable to refine faster and I really do need quicker way of earning zen. So the limit should be increase at least to a double of current amount (16k). Someone mentioned inflation, but that could be avoided if there would be a limit on highest zen price (which shouldn't be above 200 dil per zen). Everyone would be happy that way and it would be easier for us silver players :D

There is a limit on the exchange, it's 50 to 500 dil/zen. And yes, in the past, the price of zen has been up in the 300's. (God, I remember the threads from the people who bought zen to exchange for dil, when the price went down and stayed down.... "the economy is collapsing! Cryptic needs to fix things so it's over 300 again! Otherwise, no one will buy zen to exchange anymore! No one will complete any of these giant dil-sink projects without their wallet-warrior saviors to do it!")

As for "and I really do need a quicker way of earning zen".... as already mentioned several times, an increase in the supply of refined dil would drive up the price on the exchange. You wouldn't get more easy zen, you'd just spend more dil on it.
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    refinement cap increase? NO
    A use for unrefined dilithium to spread it to other characters or for fleet projects would be appreciated.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    andyy22 wrote: »
    Correct, thats why i would propose a 1.5-2.5x daily limit increase, but make it account wide. So extra dil. farm toons become useless.

I don’t “farm” Dil I play for Dil and what you suggest would limit me to do so greatly. 2,3k can be played for in 5 minutes easily if one knows how and has the means (gear, in game friends). What you suggest would leave me bored to doffing after an hour of play but I couldn’t even do that because on some occasion I can get Dil even faster out of that system than through active game play.

By the means of alting peeps can define their refine limit themselves while the market still is in balance more or less.

I really think it’s time a lot of peeps with dil problems refine their mountains and use the time and outcome to tend to their alts.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm a causal player and I used to never refine the cap limit, but chasing specialization points plus the recent increase in Dilithium rewards plus the CE event and I find that that I have nearly a quarter of million unrefined ore. I spend it as fast as I can refine it as I'm a long way from completely my Fleet Holdings and upgrades.

There you have it- an entire month needed to refine and I didn't even try to get it as such.

I'm also a casual player and have been doing the CE event like clockwork every day for the past 23 days. At most I only have 122k unrefined ore, and that's including not only CE but the Voth battlegrounds, Foundry, patrols, turning in rep marks, etc. I've also been getting the 2k/day bonus from CE on top of my regular activities. So I'm not really sure of this picture being painted that all this ore is practically falling into everyone's laps just from increased rewards, specialization points and CE alone. That certainly hasn't been true in my case.

But this is a moot point, anyway. In the end, I wasn't talking about people who have that much ore, but those who are farming this stuff at far more excessive rates than the average player to the point where they have millions of unrefined ore. It doesn't seem fair to me that people are complaining about being limited by the cap when they were never supposed to be earning such an excess number of unrefined ore in the first place. The solution isn't to blame the cap but stop being Scrooge McDuck.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "I just got a big pile of unrefined dil from finishing the Crystal event on all my alts, and it's taking forrrevvvver to refine it all! Fix it, Cryptic!"
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just HOW many times does this topic have to be brought up.

Seriously, close it down, make it a F.C.T.

Even sick of providing the one word answer to why NO.

Tell me about it. You explain it why it won't happen clearly over and over again and we come back to it easily once every month anyway.
  • cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree, some sort of use for unrefined dil would be nice, i'm currently stacking up loads of it and i'm getting it faster than i can refine it :(
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kiralyn wrote: »
    There is a limit on the exchange, it's 50 to 500 dil/zen. And yes, in the past, the price of zen has been up in the 300's. (God, I remember the threads from the people who bought zen to exchange for dil, when the price went down and stayed down.... "the economy is collapsing! Cryptic needs to fix things so it's over 300 again! Otherwise, no one will buy zen to exchange anymore! No one will complete any of these giant dil-sink projects without their wallet-warrior saviors to do it!")

As for "and I really do need a quicker way of earning zen".... as already mentioned several times, an increase in the supply of refined dil would drive up the price on the exchange. You wouldn't get more easy zen, you'd just spend more dil on it.

Well, 500 dilithium per 1 zen seems highly overpriced :D 200 dilithium per 1 zen is already a lot for me (150-160 I can handle easily), but more than that is a simply outrageous. If there's the limit for lowest rate, there must be one for highest rate, but one that would actually be useful.
    So the best way to make most of the people happy would be to increase daily refinement limit to 16k dil and the dil/zen highest price rate to 200 dil per 1 zen.
    If that wouldn't work (although I don't see a legitimate reason for it), they could also make possible to refine ore every few hours and the more ore you refine, the longer you will wait for a next chance to do it again. So there would be virtually no limit on how much dil you can refine, but there still would be one (time limit).
    For example: If you refine 10k ore, you can't refine any more for another 12 hours, if you refine 20k ore, you can't refine any of it for another 24 hours and so on. Simple, you see :D
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
    edited March 2015
    Well, 500 dilithium per 1 zen seems highly overpriced :D 200 dilithium per 1 zen is already a lot for me (150-160 I can handle easily), but more than that is a simply outrageous. If there's the limit for lowest rate, there must be one for highest rate, but one that would actually be useful.
    So the best way to make most of the people happy would be to increase daily refinement limit to 16k dil and the dil/zen highest price rate to 200 dil per 1 zen.
    If that wouldn't work (although I don't see a legitimate reason for it), they could also make possible to refine ore every few hours and the more ore you refine, the longer you will wait for a next chance to do it again. So there would be virtually no limit on how much dil you can refine, but there still would be one (time limit).
    For example: If you refine 10k ore, you can't refine any more for another 12 hours, if you refine 20k ore, you can't refine any of it for another 24 hours and so on. Simple, you see :D

More daily refined ore cap, simply deflates its value!

If the exchange rate as of now is some 190:1@8k per day.

Than it would skyrocket to 380:1@16k per day so, think about it!

And, putting a limit of 200, would make the zen seller's irate!

• stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, the OP clearly hasn't bothered to spend any of it so, spend some!

The OP says it isn't useful, yeah ok we all know it's useless right? *Sarcasm intended*

The OP says, it cannot be exchanged with other character's, well yes it can among your own!

The OP( Yes thats me) clearly has'nt bothered to spend any of it, because there is nothing to spend it on. I am maxed out in everything, plus I play STO frequently. The missions being inclusive of dilithium ore.
    I know you can exchange refined dilithium with Alts, but not dilithium ore, which is what i meant in the first place if you had read and understood it properly. Unless there is a way I have overlooked.
    I know I am not the only one with large amounts of dilithium ore, so please do not point the finger solely at me.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And, putting a limit of 200, would make the zen seller's irate!

It could also mean less people are willing to sell Zen as well if there was a 200 cap limit and the refinement cap is raised to 16k per day. This could lead to a situation where there are a lot of people with refined dilithium, but no one in the Dilithium Exchange is willing to trade their Zen for only 200 refined dilithium. So basically, the market could end up with a lot of sellers, but no buyers.
    edited March 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    The OP( Yes thats me) clearly has'nt bothered to spend any of it, because there is nothing to spend it on. I am maxed out in everything, plus I play STO frequently. The missions being inclusive of dilithium ore.
    I know you can exchange refined dilithium with Alts, but not dilithium ore, which is what i meant in the first place if you had read and understood it properly. Unless there is a way I have overlooked.
    I know I am not the only one with large amounts of dilithium ore, so please do not point the finger solely at me.

If you have everything you need, than do not concern yourself with the way dilithium is handled.

Otherwise, I would suggest refining it and, spending it.

If you make more than you can refine, well that's just how it goes and, there is already listed the main reasons, for it to remain this way.

edited March 2015
    ** Redacted **

Incorrect information.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,645 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Actually you can transfer dilithium ore to your alts.

Simply put in an order to purchase Zen, like 3,000 Zen. Set the dilithium to Zen rate to something less than the current exchange rate, like 150. Submit your order, then cancel your order. Switch to the alt you would like to transfer the dilithium ore to, and then click withdraw. You have just successfully transferred 450,000 dilithium ore to one of your alts.

The dil exchange accepts refined dil not ore.
    edited March 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Actually you can transfer dilithium ore to your alts.

Simply put in an order to purchase Zen, like 3,000 Zen. Set the dilithium to Zen rate to something less than the current exchange rate, like 150. Submit your order, then cancel your order. Switch to the alt you would like to transfer the dilithium ore to, and then click withdraw. You have just successfully transferred 450,000 dilithium ore to one of your alts.

Thats for refined only. not ore
    edited March 2015
    The dil exchange accepts refined dil not ore.

Whoops...

Sorry, I was focused figuring out a problem and reviewing a solution for it. So just ignore what I stated above.
    edited March 2015
    It would be nice and somewhat practical if cryptic allowed us to split a bulk load of dilithium ore between all our alts. why its just refined only is crazy.
    edited March 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    It would be nice and somewhat practical if cryptic allowed us to split a bulk load of dilithium ore between all our alts. why its just refined only is crazy.

Because they want [preferred if you like], people to play their other character's, as to obtain those rewards.

Not, gain everything for all character's, by playing 1 character.

• buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It would be useful for those players who still have starbase projects to complete. I'm solo building a T4 starbase right now and need 1.6 million refined dilithium and I have a pile of unrefined dilithium I can't do anything with. A refining cap increase would be wonderful for me. It would inspire me to keep playing the game beyond setting doff missions, doing the crystaline daily and logging out.

You are solo building a fleet so if you leave you are the only person that will suffer...