test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Operations Com BC bug

theredviola2003theredviola2003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When I have my Adapted M.A.C.O. Cov Shield array visuals on and when the camera pans, and while I'm moving, the nacels flash bright to dull over and over. It's becoming quite annoying.
Post edited by theredviola2003 on

Comments

• Options
    hydevhydev Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm hijacking this post because I am tired of waiting for the forums to allow me to create my own.

First off, I'm a very avid and long time gamer. I have been playing MMO's for more than ten years and video games in general for far longer. I am well acquainted with the games and that sometimes they do not always work as expected. But STO has a serious flaw that is annoying the living hell out of me.

Since I first started playing, I have had to endure what appears to be random penalties of being AFK. I am well aware that failing certain objectives in Advanced PvE scenarios award the "AFK Penalty." Sometimes, even failing objectives in normal PvE scenarios can award you this penalty. But my problem is that I am not failing objectives. I'm completing them! I'm getting marks! I see win screens! I will hit the "LEAVE MAP" icon or the warp out icon on the upper left corner of the minimap and when I respawn at my previous location after the scenario is finished, I have an AFK PENALTY and I am locked out of the finder for two hours.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If I were just sitting there not participating, I can see being punished. I do not necessarily agree with being penalized for failing an objective in Advanced, so I avoid playing Advanced. But I am not failing anything! I'm winning! And I'm punished for that? That is not cool.

I will not pay real world currency for a game that assigns me a penalty and locks me out of queuing for content on what some are telling me is a programming bug. A pretty serious bug if you ask me. I even sent in a ticket to the GM's and the GM response was to define to me what AFK meant and that I just simply had to wait.

That is not acceptable. There is no reason for the game to be locking me out when I am participating and completing objectives properly. If this is a bug, it's a horrible bug and it should be added to a priority fix list. I find it hard to believe this is intentional.

"Vote with your wallet" is a popular phrase when people express dissatisfaction with product. This game is already free to play. But the company would love to take my money by subscription or store fees. I can promise you that unless this penalty bit is addressed, you will not get one red cent from me. And I will spread that stance around and explain to people exactly why too.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hydev wrote: »
    I'm hijacking this post because I am tired of waiting for the forums to allow me to create my own.

First off, I'm a very avid and long time gamer. I have been playing MMO's for more than ten years and video games in general for far longer. I am well acquainted with the games and that sometimes they do not always work as expected. But STO has a serious flaw that is annoying the living hell out of me.

Since I first started playing, I have had to endure what appears to be random penalties of being AFK. I am well aware that failing certain objectives in Advanced PvE scenarios award the "AFK Penalty." Sometimes, even failing objectives in normal PvE scenarios can award you this penalty. But my problem is that I am not failing objectives. I'm completing them! I'm getting marks! I see win screens! I will hit the "LEAVE MAP" icon or the warp out icon on the upper left corner of the minimap and when I respawn at my previous location after the scenario is finished, I have an AFK PENALTY and I am locked out of the finder for two hours.

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If I were just sitting there not participating, I can see being punished. I do not necessarily agree with being penalized for failing an objective in Advanced, so I avoid playing Advanced. But I am not failing anything! I'm winning! And I'm punished for that? That is not cool.

I will not pay real world currency for a game that assigns me a penalty and locks me out of queuing for content on what some are telling me is a programming bug. A pretty serious bug if you ask me. I even sent in a ticket to the GM's and the GM response was to define to me what AFK meant and that I just simply had to wait.

That is not acceptable. There is no reason for the game to be locking me out when I am participating and completing objectives properly. If this is a bug, it's a horrible bug and it should be added to a priority fix list. I find it hard to believe this is intentional.

"Vote with your wallet" is a popular phrase when people express dissatisfaction with product. This game is already free to play. But the company would love to take my money by subscription or store fees. I can promise you that unless this penalty bit is addressed, you will not get one red cent from me. And I will spread that stance around and explain to people exactly why too.

Hijacking someone's thread about a topic that has nothing to do the the OP is not cool.

We all had to wait to be able to post our own threads and sorry to call you out on this but you are not an exception.

As for your comment this is not a game breaking bug it happens from time to time and there are a million other things to do besides the PvEs in the game.

All you have done with your rant is show that your unwilling to play as most of us do and show that you think your entitled to special treatment.

As for the OP I've yet to experience this bug, maybe if you posted pics or something to help other try to reproduce it thus allowing the Dev team to track down what maybe issue. :-)
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    hydevhydev Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sorry to disturb your perfect world, Mr. Deity.

Play like the rest of you? Oh, you also enjoy being given an AFK penalty?

I got news for you, pal. I have reached an empass in the game because without better equipment, I cannot continue solo quests; the enemies outclass me by several levels. This is why I was using the PvE scenarios to obtain gear and sell what I did not need to buy Tech Upgrades which so many of your fellow players sell for five or six figures (or more) on the Exchange. It's difficult to do that when you're locked out of content through no fault of your own.

Go find someone else to lick your backside.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hydev wrote: »
    Sorry to disturb your perfect world, Mr. Deity.

Play like the rest of you? Oh, you also enjoy being given an AFK penalty?

I got news for you, pal. I have reached an empass in the game because without better equipment, I cannot continue solo quests; the enemies outclass me by several levels. This is why I was using the PvE scenarios to obtain gear and sell what I did not need to buy Tech Upgrades which so many of your fellow players sell for five or six figures (or more) on the Exchange. It's difficult to do that when you're locked out of content through no fault of your own.

Go find someone else to lick your backside.

Well someone is asking for a warning from a mod.

Also I have experienced this bug. The op could have described it better but its a bug where the shield visual stops working on some parts of the ship causing it to "flash". Its more noticeable on shoields that have a larger affect on visuals.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.