Install Arc
Options

Changes to Surgical Strikes

2»

Comments

• Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited March 2015
    But how will Hobos kill anything without their SS3 crutch?

edit: Oh, right, I forgot. Console swapping.
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    heckgoblin wrote: »

Nah, I'll just blow you up with a few torps like I always have. :D
    cI5XEZr.jpg
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Oh don't worry, pvers are already bawling their cute little heads off over on tribble bug reporting over [redacted] enemies using boff powers.
  • Options
    mikehunt2013mikehunt2013 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Fix is way too late. Pvp is dead. Still too much build mitigation every half season. Still too much grind. Still too much cost.
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    heckgoblin wrote: »

They could probably say the same about you and your dependency on FBP going way back. You've even made threads QQ'ing about there being ways to counter your counter...
  • Options
    dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    "Resolved an issue that was causing some Disruptor Cannons to benefit less from this power than intended."

I was/am using ACCx3 disruptor weapons with SS3 and I noticed that my BO3 scored more than SS3.
    Couldn't explain that to myself and always my opinion was that SS3 is not so OP no matter what other people were saying in forums.Now I know why I had this impression.

It is a pity I couldn't had the chance to experiment the full power of SS3.
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    scurry5 wrote: »
    They did do a decent job with Command, though - mostly. At least not to the level of the fiasco Intel was.

I think its clear someone at Cryptic and I think we know who is blaming Intel for the low sales on command. I would guess that is why it is getting the hammer now before the next round. :) lol
  • Options
    illoominartiilloominarti Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The time I spend in Driveclub is inversely proportional to the time I spend in STO currently = 0.

I couldn't care less about the SS fix, but I like the forums too much to not enjoy them meanwhile lol.
  • Options
    heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited March 2015
    jjdez wrote: »
    They could probably say the same about you and your dependency on FBP going way back. You've even made threads QQ'ing about there being ways to counter your counter...

Yeah, they could probably say that. I picked FBP as my focus because it made Hobos angry. And those threads QQing I made? They worked :p
    I AM WAR.
  • Options
    prestilprestil Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    " We arrived at these figures after a LOT of internal testing. Parsing using different weapon types, comparing to multiple different firing modes, in many various different weapon configurations.

In all of the tests we performed, even after the above changes, Surgical Strikes reliably outperformed every combination of Weapon Type and Firing Mode we tried, once the player had a reasonable amount of +CritH and +CritD.
    "

I guess we dont test things or need a Q&A team to test abilities that should have never made it Live. But hell, the millions of EC and time spent was well invested to alter builds structured around an ability that "outperforms ever combination of weapon type and firing mode".

Maybe make a login tooltip for players: If you see something awesome, don't get attached were just going to hack it away.

Or could start paying back some of the players who are apparently the Q&A testers now.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The most amusing thing I've always gotten out of those who've 'blamed PvPers' for something being nerfed is when they say, 'oh it was nerfed because PvPers didn't want to adapt'...

...Then of course, despite being the 'divinely skilled' player that person is to have the high horse to blame PvPers, will most assuredly NOT give any means of 'adapting' to whatever in question has been nerfed.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thread closed.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.