test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Secondary Deflector - [Sen]x2 only registering as x1

skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have an epic secondary deflector with [Sen]x2 mod, which shows 2 bonuses, each of +15 sensors. After I equip it, it appears it is only registering 1 [Sen] mod instead of 2 as my sensors skill goes from 109 to 124. I imagine this is the same with secondary deflectors that have [Sen]x3, but can't confirm that.
Post edited by skurf on

Comments

• skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This may seem like a small problem, but when 1-2 mods don't register at all, I consider that quite substantial, and that's in addition to all of the wasted resources I spent getting this deflector to Epic quality only to have it not work properly. Could somebody please look into this?

BTW, I was using an Inhibiting Secondary Deflector.
    edited March 2015
    What's the point of making a bug-report thread in this section if it just gets completely ignored?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Problem:
    Secondary deflectors not giving listed sensor boost.

How to replicate:
    Equip a 2nd deflector with [Sen]x2 mod. Will only apply one.

Expected behavior:
    You get the boost from both [Sen] mods.

Proof it's broken:
    http://tinypic.com/m/ims3tx/3

Extra note:
    This deflector's bonuses behaves like a lot of ground gear where the bonuses of the same type aren't lumped together. I wonder if those are broken too.

To OP:
    When you get a x2 or x3 on a regular deflector it works fine. It's just 2nd deflectors broken.
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Problem:
    Secondary deflectors not giving listed sensor boost.

How to replicate:
    Equip a 2nd deflector with [Sen]x2 mod. Will only apply one.

Expected behavior:
    You get the boost from both [Sen] mods.

Proof it's broken:
    http://tinypic.com/m/ims3tx/3

Extra note:
    This deflector's bonuses behaves like a lot of ground gear where the bonuses of the same type aren't lumped together. I wonder if those are broken too.

To OP:
    When you get a x2 or x3 on a regular deflector it works fine. It's just 2nd deflectors broken.

Dear frost:

This is 100% definitely broken, please fix.
    edited April 2015
    2 weeks and still no official reply or acknowledgement. This is a simple bug to replicate and verify that it exists. Why not at least acknowledge it and work towards finding a fix when you have time?

Thanks for that post lucho- much more succinct than my post. There should be no question that it is broken now. Also, your secondary deflector is a different type and rarity than mine so it appears to be a universal problem with all secondary deflectors.

You know what's ironic? The last bug I reported I had the exact same problem getting acknowledged and it took over 6 months to fix it, which again affected very expensive equipment on my ship that I had sunk a lot of resources into obtaining.

A person can only be ignored so much before realizing that the gaming company he has paid hundreds of dollars towards no longer (never did?) values him as a customer and moves on to other games, other games specifically unrelated to said company.
    edited April 2015
    skurf wrote: »
    2 weeks and still no official reply or acknowledgement. This is a simple bug to replicate and verify that it exists. Why not at least acknowledge it and work towards finding a fix when you have time?

Thanks for that post lucho- much more succinct than my post. There should be no question that it is broken now. Also, your secondary deflector is a different type and rarity than mine so it appears to be a universal problem with all secondary deflectors.

You know what's ironic? The last bug I reported I had the exact same problem getting acknowledged and it took over 6 months to fix it, which again affected very expensive equipment on my ship that I had sunk a lot of resources into obtaining.

A person can only be ignored so much before realizing that the gaming company he has paid hundreds of dollars towards no longer (never did?) values him as a customer and moves on to other games, other games specifically unrelated to said company.

Don't loose hope, but don't wait on them unless you're willing to bump this thing up each month for months on end. It took them a bit over 3 years to "fix" the [Stl] mod, and I use quote marks because they just removed it completely and replaced it with [ShdS] instead of fixing it. If stealth sucks so much on deflectors, they should have removed it completely from Tachyon ones and put in something more useful in its place.

Frankly, I'd test all those ground items where they separate boosts from the same type (armor in particular). I wouldn't be surprised if they're just as broken. It's a bit harder to test because it involves Cryptic resistance math, but I suspect they're broken also.
    edited April 2015
    3 weeks and no response. Do devs still check this forum?
    edited April 2015
    Just a heads up but this is still broken and not even acknowledged 5 weeks after reporting it.
    edited May 2015
    6 weeks- still no word. I have reported a ticket as well. Should I report another one?
    edited May 2015
    It's been well over 2 months and there has been no dev response. Should I submit another ticket? Make another thread?

What do I need to do to have this bug recognized?
    edited May 2015
    From Tribble Patch Notes:
    Secondary Deflectors that come equipped on new Science vessels can now be sold to vendors for 0 ec, instead of only allowing them to be manually discarded.

So you fix something that doesn't even matter with the secondary deflectors, but you ignore a bug that affects actual stats and gameplay...what?...why?...sigh.
    edited June 2015
    Another week gone. That's 10 weeks. And still you ignore me. The only way you will get me to shut up is if you give KDF the Tacheon Detection Field console, then the Sensor skill won't matter, but as it stands this is a huge imbalance between Fed and KDF and the only way to counter it is with super-high Sensors, which is why I keep bring this up.
  • ethercircuitethercircuit Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't think this company has any US-based non-outsourced employees left to respond. If they did they'd probably still tell you to 吃鸡巴.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]