test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jemhadar 3 piece damage bonus

djaricaricson#1377 djaricaricson Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Not sure if this correctly working. I have all 3 consoles equipped and says I'm supposed to be getting a 20% damage bonus. I do not see that bonus being applied to my weapons.

When I'm running pedal to the metal (for example; reads 1% all damage bonus per stack every 2 seconds), the 10 stack bonus clearly shows the 10% damage increase being applied.
Post edited by djaricaricson#1377 on

Comments

• unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can acknowledge this bug. it does apply some dmg Bonus, but not 20%. ist more like 2% instead of 20%. simmply equip and disequip the 3 pc set and grab a calculator, than you see it.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it's probably the same kind of boost as tac consoles, meaning it applies to base weapon damage, not to anything involving rarity/mark/power levels/etc.

The question becomes is that how it's supposed to be working, or is it supposed to be one of the end of equation boosts?
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It was always the same bonus as tactical consoles, never heard anything different.
  • captainblueshoescaptainblueshoes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so how much is the actual percentage to base damage ...is it significant? is there a bug in the application? its a lot of ec to spend to test it out ....
  • onethousandsonsonethousandsons Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, it works just like a regular tac console. So at 20%, that's like having a Tac console that gives 20%. Try throwing one like that on your ship and you'll see about how much it will add. For obvious reasons, it works out to about half of a Mk XIV epic spire console (which is 37.5%)
  • captainblueshoescaptainblueshoes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this has probably been covered before but i havent seen the thread...typically only come here when there is something new. but this is about "all damage" bonuses...and how theyre calculated. the player who mentioned "getting a calculator" and checking yourself is right....things dont check out sometimes....so either theres a problem with the application or the variables used by cryptic to calculate are different from what is plainly communicated in the tooltip....

i realize that 20% is over half a tac console but thats not what the actual bonus is to base damage in an actual calculation of the numbers according to the player above. this is something ive noticed before.

an example that applies to my character right now.

tactical fleet III...

I wanted to see on paper what the 20% all damage bonus with the 3 part jem hadar set looked like to my base antiproton damage....but noticed something unusual...

with Anchored trait applied...i have 2,738.7 antiproton damage sitting... in my new bug...

and with tactical fleet III applied it becomes... 3,445.3 antiproton damage...that is actually a 25.8% all damage increase...not a 37.4% increase to damage as the tooltip says...which would actually push it to 3763 antiproton damage rounded up...

i tried removing Anchor trait and received same equivalent results....although it is actually a 25.4% percent increase...again...not the 37.4% increase that tactical fleet III is said to apply to "all damage"

again... how do "all damage" percentages work in game?
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    this has probably been covered before but i havent seen the thread...typically only come here when there is something new. but this is about "all damage" bonuses...and how theyre calculated. the player who mentioned "getting a calculator" and checking yourself is right....things dont check out sometimes....so either theres a problem with the application or the variables used by cryptic to calculate are different from what is plainly communicated in the tooltip....

i realize that 20% is over half a tac console but thats not what the actual bonus is to base damage in an actual calculation of the numbers according to the player above. this is something ive noticed before.

an example that applies to my character right now.

tactical fleet III...

I wanted to see on paper what the 20% all damage bonus with the 3 part jem hadar set looked like to my base antiproton damage....but noticed something unusual...

with Anchored trait applied...i have 2,738.7 antiproton damage sitting... in my new bug...

and with tactical fleet III applied it becomes... 3,445.3 antiproton damage...that is actually a 25.8% all damage increase...not a 37.4% increase to damage as the tooltip says...which would actually push it to 3763 antiproton damage rounded up...

i tried removing Anchor trait and received same equivalent results....although it is actually a 25.4% percent increase...again...not the 37.4% increase that tactical fleet III is said to apply to "all damage"

again... how do "all damage" percentages work in game?

This has your answers. WIP, but a good in-depth explanation.

Short version:

base weapon damage * (1+sum of base boosts) * (1+sum of "all damage" boosts) * (weapons power/50) * (weapon enhancement multipliers) * (1-weapons fall-off percentage) * (target's damage resist multiplier) = damage.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • djaricaricson#1377 djaricaricson Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so basically in other words its bugged :P
  • thejoker767thejoker767 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the bonus is based off the mk 0 version of the given weapon .... a console which says 9-10% damage boost will actually give you 1-2% boost on mk xiv weapons

some abilities like EPtW will add the say 10% damage bonus to current damage ... so ex 1400dps x 1.10

The bonuses that show up in info are kinda misleading ... once you know how this works , you will be ableto make better choices :)
    edited March 2015
    lemec25 wrote: »

No.

Basically people don't understand what tooltips say because Cryptic Math is often very convoluted, and tooltips often are imprecise.

For example, Damage Resistance (a percentage, which is displayed) is a function of Damage Resistance Magnitude (a number which is not displayed).

A console that says "+30 Damage Resistance vs Kinetic" does not mean you take 30% less damage from Kinetic Damage, it means +30 Kinetic Damage Resistance Magnitude, which depending on your existing Kinetic Damage Resistance Magnitude may result in a 30% damage reduction, but usually won't because you have existing sources of Kinetic Damage Resistance Magnitude.
    edited March 2015
    the whole thngs is misleading would arrepecieate a dev response
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its not actually 20%

It should be +15.7% polaron damage... if I'm not mistaken
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    Its not actually 20%

It should be +15.7% polaron damage... if I'm not mistaken

I think you're thinking of the Jem'Hadar space set (shields, deflector, engines).

I think the OP is referring to the Dominion console set (from JHSS, JHDC, and JHHEC).
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited March 2015
    darkjeff wrote: »
    No.

Basically people don't understand what tooltips say because Cryptic Math is often very convoluted, and tooltips often are imprecise.

For example, Damage Resistance (a percentage, which is displayed) is a function of Damage Resistance Magnitude (a number which is not displayed).

A console that says "+30 Damage Resistance vs Kinetic" does not mean you take 30% less damage from Kinetic Damage, it means +30 Kinetic Damage Resistance Magnitude, which depending on your existing Kinetic Damage Resistance Magnitude may result in a 30% damage reduction, but usually won't because you have existing sources of Kinetic Damage Resistance Magnitude.

I'm guessing that "diminishing returns" nonsense on stacked console bonuses also comes into play here...
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I think you're thinking of the Jem'Hadar space set (shields, deflector, engines).

I think the OP is referring to the Dominion console set (from JHSS, JHDC, and JHHEC).

Oh, gotchya, my apologies.
    :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited March 2015
    im seeing the other two piece bonsuses come into play but the 3rd piece (20% damanage ) not seeing sigh. My other two other fleet mates who have the ship as well are saying that the same thing is happenening to them
    edited March 2015

In which case, I'm also talking about something completely different (I was thinking the space set, not the console set), hah! :o:P
    I'm guessing that "diminishing returns" nonsense on stacked console bonuses also comes into play here...

You mean the "people don't know what 'Diminishing Returns' means" thing? :P:rolleyes:
    edited March 2015
    In which case, I'm also talking about something completely different (I was thinking the space set, not the console set), hah! :o:P

It's easy to get the two confused, LOL. Both give some form of damage boost, according to their tooltip. The space set gives polaron bonuses, while the console set gives an all damage bonus.
    You mean the "people don't know what 'Diminishing Returns' means" thing? :P:rolleyes:

Heh. It would also be nice if this was more clearly reflected on the ship page.
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

It's very much working as intended.
    the whole thngs is misleading would arrepecieate a dev response

If you read back through what I posted, we have had dev responses confirming that this is WAI. For example, adjudicatorhawk is all over this thread.

This is working as designed, and believe me, it's a good thing. If it was working as you think it should be, the difference between high-dps players and low dps players would be orders of magnitude worse than it is now.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
    edited March 2015
    Well still, others in my fleet have been lucky enough to get the ship and are just as confused as I am. Would appreciate an official response from the cryptic team Ty :)