test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

JHSS Go For the Kill trait is bugged

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello all.

I was fortunate enough to win the JHSS. I must say, I love that ship as it's really nice to fly. (Just wish the Command abilities were more useful!!) Unfortunately the Go For the Kill trait is bugged.

You're supposed to be able to extend the duration of Cannon Rapid Fire for 3 seconds every 5 seconds if you land a crit. Depending on who you ask, the theoretical longest duration of this ability should be between 19 - 28 seconds.

During a match I had it going for over 6 minutes. The only reason it didn't go any longer was because I had no enemies near me to keep killing.

I'm a player who believes in balance. Whilst this bug is giving me a huge advantage I don't think it's fair. As such I think it should be fixed. Personally, I feel that the original 10 seconds of the CRF ability should be the only time able to trigger the extension, giving the total maximum time for CRF as 16 seconds. With 2 copies of CRF that means you can have rapid fire up 100% of the time for the cost of 2 abilities. Having it up for 100% of the time with only one ability? No thanks, please fix my ship!!
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    That is a feature to help sell the new ship

Its not tabled to be nerfed until the sale is over

Thank you for supporting STO gambling mechanics :)
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1, 13
    6, 16
    11, 19
    16, 22
    21, 25

0, 13
    5, 16
    10, 19
    15, 22
    20, 25
    25, 28

If somebody has two copies, has Reciprocity, has it DOFF'd, AtB, or using Tac Initiative...as long as there was something to shoot, why wouldn't it be indefinite? Cause it wouldn't actually be indefinite. Cause all they'd be doing is 10/15 w/ 16/15...two crits to get the overflow on time.

Now, if was being maintained indefinitely with a single copy without any form of reduction...that would point to a bug since one couldn't get to the CD otherwise, yeah?

It's not clear if you had DOFFs, Reciprocity, were using TacInit, AtB, 3pc Contractual, etc, etc, etc...with the single copy...for whether this is an actual bug report or a balance request, eh?
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Virusdancer, I had a single copy of CRF 3, no reciprocity, no Aux2B, not using Tactical Initiative and none of my DOFFs affect cannon abilities.

Basically I can sit at a gate, hit CRF 3 and voila, non-stop pummelling. No reactivation of CRF needed, either. The ability cools down and then the icon greys out as it can't be activated due to CRF already being active. It looks like it's adding 5 seconds every 3 seconds, like they got the numbers the wrong way around.

To me, that seems excessive and OP. To make it fair I feel that once the original 10 seconds of CRF has expired then the trait should no longer extend the duration. That being said, that would make each CRF last 16 seconds, meaning that 2 copies of CRF would result in 100% uptime.

I'd love to hear from Cryptic so they can provide a little more clarification as to how this power works, too.
    edited March 2015
    Now that...definitely would be a bug, no doubt...should give Cryptic what they need to hit it up and not try to ignore it.
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2015
    I can imagine what happens in PVP with that trait ...........

Guess I will stay away from PVP a time until it will be fixed.
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just got the trait last night. Parked in front of the CE, CRF'd it from 100% to 0%, full up time, awesome! Even came first (and there was a Scimitar about), sorry I don't have a parser.

They'll definitely nerf it, after the event.
    edited March 2015
    Any Devs reading this? I'd love to know whether you guys know about it.
  • humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any dev who commented on this before the end of the event would get sacked on the spot.

...If not worse!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I doubt it will be even mentioned in any patch notes.

I have heard old Dev blogs can be edited as well easily if needed.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dova25 wrote: »
    I can imagine what happens in PVP with that trait ...........

Guess I will stay away from PVP a time until it will be fixed.

ye i can tell what happens when i fly my JSS with this
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
    edited March 2015
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    ye i can tell what happens when i fly my JSS with this
    edited March 2015
    right on m8!!

start with surgical strike, broken disables, list goes on

this semi-relevant trait is pretty far back in the priority list 2 be fix'd. it does nothing (i say again, NOTHING) beneficial that couldnt be done anyway with 2x rapid cycle

this is NOT the ACTUAL dmg dealer , buff-ups are. (since u obviously jumping around how opstrong it is. it is not. -wish it was-.)

p.s.: also devs aint said if its intended or not. but by its name "go4tehKILL" id assume 'rapid' toggle is suitable even tho it has nothing do with getting TEH actual kill. sadly.

ps2: http://youtu.be/GurHFt7oXPk <-- here, have a laugh. until this **** is "works as intended" the **** we r talking about. srsly.
    edited March 2015
    You do realise that by pointing out this bug I'm not saying all other bugs should be ignored, don't you? You know that bug fixes don't have to be mutually exclusive, yes?

I want this bug to be fixed in addition to all bugs. Yes, I include surgical strikes as something that needs to be fixed.

Why did I start this thread, then? To see if anyone else had this problem and to also alert the devs of it. Not to make them choose this over any other bugs, but to make them aware.
    edited March 2015
    i honestly think this "bug"(?) is FARmost unimportant compared to what i wrote as it does not add anything of noticeable ( or game-braking for a matter ) dps wise - unlike SS3 and the disable exploits currently bruteforced

so yes, i think priority should be followed - exclusively with that magnitude
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You're supposed to be able to extend the duration of Cannon Rapid Fire for 3 seconds every 5 seconds if you land a crit.

See I don't see this as a bug but just really bad planning on Cryptic's part. Cannons fire once per second. People with very high crt rate of 25% can have one in every 4 shots crit. Turrets count as cannons. With 4 DHC you can have 7 shots in a second. That make it about one crit a second.

Every second you can extend crf for another 5 seconds. In a map where you continually fire at targets I wouldn't be surprised if you can have a minutes left on the ability once everything is dead.
    edited March 2015
    robdmc wrote: »
    See I don't see this as a bug but just really bad planning on Cryptic's part. Cannons fire once per second. People with very high crt rate of 25% can have one in every 4 shots crit. Turrets count as cannons. With 4 DHC you can have 7 shots in a second. That make it about one crit a second.

Every second you can extend crf for another 5 seconds. In a map where you continually fire at targets I wouldn't be surprised if you can have a minutes left on the ability once everything is dead.

That's how it seems to be working, however the extension is only supposed to be for 3 seconds and the extension is only supposed to happen only once per 5 seconds, regardless of how many crits you land.
    edited March 2015
    another possibility is that this trait is works per cannon/turret so it does not necessary means its bugged

1 cannon/turret on its own cannot trigger the trait even with crit hit beeing made but the more cannons/turrets one use the greater the trigger-rate

as for one can work up a decent crit rate is a personal matter. not all builds necessary based on high crit-rate (more like severity dopping to supply the dps-creep on surgical strike)
    >crtdx4 weapons+surgical strike3 = i_win.jpg
    edited March 2015
    another possibility is that this trait is works per cannon/turret so it does not necessary means its bugged

1 cannon/turret on its own cannot trigger the trait even with crit hit beeing made but the more cannons/turrets one use the greater the trigger-rate

as for one can work up a decent crit rate is a personal matter. not all builds necessary based on high crit-rate (more like severity dopping to supply the dps-creep on surgical strike)
    >crtdx4 weapons+surgical strike3 = i_win.jpg

You seem intent with making this a competition as to what gets fixed first. I'm not competing with you over this as there's nothing to compete with. I've alerted the forums that I believe there's a bug and I've submitted a ticket.

Feel free to continue your competition. With yourself. Maybe you'll even win.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2015

this sounds hilarious if that ends up being the case.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dev should come out and post if this is working as intended or not... if the trait effects per cannon as opposed to the ship... just say so.

would be nice to switch the balance back from beams to cannons and it's only single target cannons at that, since this doesnt effect cannon scatter volley.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    right on m8!!

start with surgical strike, broken disables, list goes on

this semi-relevant trait is pretty far back in the priority list 2 be fix'd. it does nothing (i say again, NOTHING) beneficial that couldnt be done anyway with 2x rapid cycle

this is NOT the ACTUAL dmg dealer , buff-ups are. (since u obviously jumping around how opstrong it is. it is not. -wish it was-.)

p.s.: also devs aint said if its intended or not. but by its name "go4tehKILL" id assume 'rapid' toggle is suitable even tho it has nothing do with getting TEH actual kill. sadly.

ps2: http://youtu.be/GurHFt7oXPk <-- here, have a laugh. until this **** is "works as intended" the **** we r talking about. srsly.
    Mother of God that is nasty.
    robdmc wrote: »

Dual Heavy cannons with turrets in the back has been pretty standard as long as I've been here. It was certainly predictable.

So in order for it to become infinite all you have to do is crit twice in the first ten seconds of up time, and then you've essentially added the additional six seconds you'll need to extend it.

So your first crit is at 1 second, you now have 13 seconds, then you crit again at 6 seconds and you've pumped it up to 16 seconds and have 9 seconds left. And with all the plus crit in consoles and builds.....

This was foreseeable.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited March 2015
    well, "good to see" this trait got insta nerfed on tribble patch-notes (yesterday) so its gonna be nerfed soon on holodeck as well. yay. -,-

sto nr.1 problem resolved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now everything is in balance!!
    edited March 2015
    well, "good to see" this trait got insta nerfed on tribble patch-notes (yesterday) so its gonna be nerfed soon on holodeck as well. yay. -,-

sto nr.1 problem resolved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now everything is in balance!!

Was actually Redshirt and not Tribble...they're getting into one of those Season things with Tribble, so stuff will be on Redshirt that's coming to Holodeck.
    Resolved an issue that would prevent the Starship Trait “Go for the Kill” lockout period from being applied correctly.
    edited March 2015

Well, obviously Cryptic thought it was more important than you did.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Well, obviously Cryptic thought it was more important than you did.

I don't know man. I know this place is the land of cynics...but ever since we got Salami incharge-o, things have been looking up in a major way. The devs have seemed rather focused as of late. We still have some major persistent bugs but overall things are looking like they're heading in a better direction.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"