test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A new low in trolling.........

Comments

• ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You know OP, if you and everyone else simply ignored the pathetic beasts, they'd eventually go away. These are people who crave... CRAVE... attention and they don't care if it's good or bad or indifferent attention. The more they get, the more they feel validated, and the more they keep doing stupid pathetic things like this... because they get exactly what they want.... to be seen and talked about.

Just ignore them, and eventually they'll go somewhere else to get their fix, or they'll keep upping the ante until they actually do something that'll get them banned.

Either way they go away and you won't have to deal with them anymore.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Just ignore them, and eventually they'll go somewhere else to get their fix
    Maybe.

In the meantime they've won regardless.

And even if they leave this time, they'll just come back again. It's not like anyone's going to stop them.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe.

In the meantime they've won regardless.

And even if they leave this time, they'll just come back again. It's not like anyone's going to stop them.

Cryptic certainly wont; Potential customers etc
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Potential customers
    They lose more letting antics like that go on.

I know that opinion isn't shared by many in this thread.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They lose more letting antics like that go on.

I know that opinion isn't shared by many in this thread.

Cryptic has shown time and time again that they not only let these antics go on... but actively support it in minor ways. Every year it's another balloon gun or confetti gun or disco ball or you name it.

This falls into the same category as everything else that'll "drive people away". If Cryptics horrible balancing and nerfing choices haven't chased people away, this won't. It's the only Star Trek game in town. Hell, Cryptic can practically do anything they want... and let any behavior continue... and you'll have people continue to play it because this is it.

And the trolls know it, and feed off it.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think it's disrespectful to use Nimoy's death to bring up a dead topic about disco balls.

You guys got the Subspace Party Nullifier you're not getting rid of the balls
    GwaoHAD.png
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I think it's disrespectful to use Nimoy's death to bring up a dead topic about disco balls.

You guys got the Subspace Party Nullifier you're not getting rid of the balls

Im pretty sure that was the old immature thread that got closed.

This ones not about nullifiers its about people freaking about visual representations of their hero to which they find offensive, which is offensive in general to nimoys memory. He was more than just Spock the fact people cant seem to comprehend such a thing honestly makes me feel embarrassed to be a star trek fan.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Im pretty sure that was the old immature thread that got closed.

This ones not about nullifiers its about people freaking about visual representations of their hero to which they find offensive, which is offensive in general to nimoys memory. He was more than just Spock the fact people cant seem to comprehend such a thing honestly makes me feel embarrassed to be a star trek fan.

I agree, and i think some players are trying to use it to rally people to their cause on things that have bugged them in game over the years.

People in this thread are talking about the TOS and using someones likeness, but they are being hypocrite for not ratting other players who make their characters look like Spock in general, or players who make them look like Kirk.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Cryptic has shown time and time again that they not only let these antics go on... but actively support it in minor ways. Every year it's another balloon gun or confetti gun or disco ball or you name it.

This falls into the same category as everything else that'll "drive people away". If Cryptics horrible balancing and nerfing choices haven't chased people away, this won't. It's the only Star Trek game in town. Hell, Cryptic can practically do anything they want... and let any behavior continue... and you'll have people continue to play it because this is it.

And the trolls know it, and feed off it.

Really ?

Releasing party favors every year drives customers away ?

You get that party favors are a pretty standard thing in every mmo right. This isn't the only game with disco balls, its not the only game with party poppers. Hey I would love if they gave us playable instruments like lotro, but a few poppers are better then nothing. (I wish they would come up with more cool ones though instead of so many recycled fx)... and why do we only have one disco ball. We should have 5-6 different dancing balls at this point. Then there is the issue now of a proper memorial ball. It would be classy of Cryptic to give us a slighly more somber ball for use in such instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vocmcp wrote: »
    No, but I feel disgusted on how people make impious fun of someone just deceased.

celebrities do it all the time, you would be surprised how many famous faces leave this world and how many scum suckers use the name of a dead person to increase their own profile, any attention is good, even the down right awful.
    Well, they're trying to get a rise out of you, and it worked.

Now they're on the forums and being talked about!

indeed, that will always happen for as long as people dont think about how they deal with trolls. a troll will play on your emotions and feelings in a way they would fully expect it off you for their amusement, having had the experience of 9 years of being bulied as a kid all those years ago, i can tell you that trolls love to get their kicks on their own terms from something they setup.

i have seen a few people on here complaining about similar issues in the past about someone or some people doing bad and it ending up on these forums, but the one who reported it dont see to want to read and learn a different means.

like a cat with a ravenous appitite for eating ham and getting attention, you stroke it once you are giving into its need, no matter how well intentioned the stroke was, its a form of feeding a troll and its ego. best way to avoid the trolling nature of a self absorbed cat? stroke it when it least wants it, mostly when its curled up sleeping.

the only way to get around a troll is by not giving it what it wants, attention. and the best way to defeat a troll is when it is least expecting it, go through support ticket, quiet like and let the cryptic team handle it if they think it is a good enough reason to ip block the accounts in question.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The guy offended is as much part of the trolling game as the troll itself...I pity both. Nobody would have cared or ever heard about it, if it wasn't for the OP's sense of entitlement. #takingvideogameswaytooserious
    Go pro or go home
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    baudl wrote: »
    The guy offended is as much part of the trolling game as the troll itself...I pity both. Nobody would have cared or ever heard about it, if it wasn't for the OP's sense of entitlement. #takingvideogameswaytooserious

Here's my question in regard to the OP and trolling:

Who made this screen cap? 'Cuz as far as I know, the pic is always centered around the player. Thus, whoever took the pic is one of the three characters in the pic: Ghost Nimoy, Zombie Nimoy, or Party Popper Dude. Some would accuse any one of the three of trolling those at the fountain. My first assumption would be that it was the OP who took the pic, and this makes sense if the attention in this thread is what a troll seeks...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    Here's my question in regard to the OP and trolling:

Who made this screen cap? 'Cuz as far as I know, the pic is always centered around the player. Thus, whoever took the pic is one of the three characters in the pic: Ghost Nimoy, Zombie Nimoy, or Party Popper Dude. Some would accuse any one of the three of trolling those at the fountain. My first assumption would be that it was the OP who took the pic, and this makes sense if the attention in this thread is what a troll seeks...

If I had to guess, the one taking the pic would be the female character at the base of the fountain. Camera looking down and zoomed out.
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    15.2Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 16, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

f. “stalk,” threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;

I would say that offending a person would be equitable to causing discomfort. I know that when I'm offended I'm not comfortable.

Reading posts from those who wish to turn Vulcan into a dictatorship causes me discomfort, enjoy your ban...
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Reading posts from those who wish to turn Vulcan into a dictatorship causes me discomfort, enjoy your ban...

I see you read some posts and not all. Well done!! Good on you!!
    edited March 2015
    I see you read some posts and not all. Well done!! Good on you!!

No I don't check every post to it's author, how ever you were trying to show cause for people to be banned over a non issue other than your panties get in a bunch easily.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't feel that people should be banned over it, nor have I called for it. I personally think that Cryptic shouldn't allow shenanigans like this but I'm not going to ask Cryptic to take any action over it.

I pointed out what I thought to be a breach of the TOS because someone referred to the TOS.

I do think that people should have a good look at themselves, however, and try to show a little class when it comes to the deceased. Whilst I ask this, I appreciate that freedom of speech allows people to ignore and even ridicule what I say. I don't begrudge them that right.

I just wish that people would be more respectful for the deceased.
    No I don't check every post to it's author, how ever you were trying to show cause for people to be banned over a non issue other than your panties get in a bunch easily.

There. I made it a little easier for you. And that post was in this thread, too. We need a medal for you now. And a chest to pin it on. ;)
    edited March 2015
    So I didn't correlate it to you, my bad, I usually only look at names for posts I really like or hate, mid range I don't bother due to having real life things to worry about more than every post.
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    So, following this idiotic comment, we should speak up for all kinds of criminals... pedophiles, mass murderers, corporate thieves and the like?

Not equating the trolls here to any of those things at all. Just found this quote to be ridiculous.
    what's ridiculous is your post, shame you don't see it.
    Point is the opposite of what you see there.
    What you did is exactly to equate "trolls" in video game with pedophiles, mass murderers and "the like"..

You can learn a lot from that quote he put there.

Aside from that your post is the text book example of straw man fallacy:

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.

His original proposition: speak up for freedom of being (based on race, political stance, culture etc.)
    Which you replaced with: speak up for criminals effectively qualifying people that put disco ball up in video game as mass murderers and the like

BTW the Topic title itself is very appropriate..
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So, following this idiotic comment, we should speak up for all kinds of criminals... pedophiles, mass murderers, corporate thieves and the like?

Not equating the trolls here to any of those things at all. Just found this quote to be ridiculous.

That would be insulting to the pedophiles.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow, valoreah is on a major trollolol here...never seen such idiotic comments for a long time.
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    T-minus 17 minutes until the end.

T-minus 16 minutes bug stats come out.
  • jasonl21jasonl21 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Didn't realize disagreeing with someone is trolling.

It's not...but keep going please, I need the laugh today.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    T-minus 17 minutes until the end.

T-minus 16 minutes bug stats come out.

We'll be getting 5/3 on it...where else could they go?
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

That is the most stupid thing I have ever read.

You are saying what that Niem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited March 2015
    Eh, it won't be that bad.... probably. :P

Quick, come in my nuclear shelter valoreah!

Incoming!
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What a lovely community we've got here.

STO forum community:

we have the "people can only have fun in a way I approve of" which this post is about

and the "cryptic is a ****ty company, and STO sucks, but I can't quit" people... some can be both actually

and then there are the 90% of people that play the game and don't give a **** and don't normaly visit this toxic part of the forum.

as I wrote earlier, for me the OP is as much an attention ***** as the trolls he's complaining about.
    Go pro or go home
    edited March 2015
    Tempting.... are there cookies?

Of course there are.

My playtime in STO was 50% PvP, 25% chatting, 25% eating cookies.
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ... TRIBBLE that...

...allows Fascism... ...invites fascism....

...like TRIBBLE Germany... ...TRIBBLE concentration camp...

Godwined!

Sorry Antonio, I'm kinda on your side in this argument. But the rules of the internet are pretty clear.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cookies are awesome... :cool:

/Threadwin
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.